PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we'll get a Commissioner Gordon figure?

Mike77
Jun 29, '13, 9:11 PM
Just wanted to get thoughts about this. I always wanted a Mego scale DC Comics version of Commissioner Gordon. Any chance that could be our mystery figure?

jwyblejr
Jun 29, '13, 11:09 PM
I'd rather the mystery figure be Alfred. But that's just me.

GlobalObserver
Jun 29, '13, 11:20 PM
I would love for it to be Mr. Freeze.

B-Lister
Jun 30, '13, 1:12 AM
Disco Nightwing

madmarva
Jun 30, '13, 1:50 AM
Your guess is as good as ours. He's definitely a character I'd like to see.

Bronxboykev
Jun 30, '13, 6:51 AM
The character possibilities are endless, I guess it will all come down to how sales will go. The better the sales the longer the line will grow and run. I would think that a Commisoner Gordon figure would Defenitly be Part of the 66 run.

Bionicfanboy66
Jun 30, '13, 8:50 AM
Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Barbara Gordon, and Chief O'Hara

huedell
Jun 30, '13, 11:25 AM
I can't think of a character choice other than Scarecrow that makes sense. Besides Two-Face, who Mattel recently released, the other villains aren't as popular. And Gordon/Alfred would be nice, but additional non-superheroes post-AEs would seem like overkill. Maybe Ra's would cut it.

DaBillmann
Jun 30, '13, 11:44 AM
Well, given they've done Bruce and Dick, I am thinking Barbara Gordon is not an unlikely choice for mystery figure. I'd personally love to see Nightwing or a villain, but, just going with my suspiscion.

Boshek
Jun 30, '13, 8:41 PM
Gordon yes please. And Alfred, Scarecrow, Freeze, Two-Face are essentials.

actjac01
Jul 5, '13, 10:07 PM
I agree with a classic Gordon as well!
Also Alfred and Mr. Freeze!
Definitely!

huedell
Jul 6, '13, 11:12 AM
If they fill that mystery figure spot with Gordon or any other non-flashy looking figure they're setting themselves up to have the line appear quite flat at this point.

Gotta be something like Scarecrow... Freeze... maybe R'as or even a redux on Mattell's recent Two-Face. Otherwise, I personally think it's gonna get ugly.

madmarva
Jul 6, '13, 11:47 AM
^ I agree with you. There is place for Gordon in the future but the line would be better served by a less mundane choice of character. I'd like Freeze, personally, but Bane, Scarecrow, Killer Croc or even Ventriloquist and Scar Face or Poison Ivy would be better selection at this point than Gordon.

I really hope the 66 figures are shown at Comic Con and that they will be available in time for Christmas.

huedell
Jul 6, '13, 12:01 PM
^ I agree with you. There is place for Gordon in the future but the line would be better served by a less mundane choice of character. I'd like Freeze, personally, but Bane, Scarecrow, Killer Croc or even Ventriloquist and Scar Face or Poison Ivy would be better selection at this point than Gordon.
And, for the record, I have about 70 DCUC scale figures on display, and I just *had* to get DC Direct versions of Gordon and Alfred to compliment the set-up, so there's my commitment to the classic characters. But, as you said, the place for them in *this* line is probably better suited for some time in the future. It's nothing against the characters... just for marketing reasons.

madmarva
Jul 12, '13, 12:30 PM
Alfred is the fourth figure in wave 3. Would've preferred Jim Gordon or SI Barbara Gordon if not a villain

jwyblejr
Jul 12, '13, 12:46 PM
Figure it would be Alfred. They only need to make a new head for him. They've already got a tux for him to wear.

drogge
Jul 13, '13, 2:27 PM
Alfred is the perfect choice, so exciting to get new characters. Anyone know when this series will be available. It wont be long before August comes, and I get my hands on series one.

DaBillmann
Jul 14, '13, 2:59 AM
As my best friend said, at least it was alfred and not aunt Harriet. (She WAS in the comics)

huedell
Jul 14, '13, 5:42 AM
I'll get an Alfred... but I have to buy EVERY other figure in the line first (sans Grayson/Wayne) before I actually DO pull the trigger. And by that time it's very likely that a newer wave with more appealing characters will already be released, and then once again, pulling the trigger for Alfred will be on the backburner. Pulling the trigger on *any* other classic Bat-character would have been much easier. Oh well.

Figuremod73
Jul 14, '13, 1:39 PM
If there had been another character released other than Alfred there still would have been debate over what should have been released next. A nice addition, IMO.

madmarva
Jul 14, '13, 7:14 PM
I hope he comes with a serving tray and a medical kit

drogge
Jul 14, '13, 7:16 PM
Figures would be smart to get these out fast and on to new figures, they have a ton of stuff in the pipe line. Part of me feels like I am betraying Dr Mego, but I am freakin' stoked to be getting new Megos. I have the general public will embrace these figures. August can not come quick enough. When will Batman 66 figures come?