Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance we'll get a Commissioner Gordon figure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike77
    • Mar 7, 2009

Any chance we'll get a Commissioner Gordon figure?

Just wanted to get thoughts about this. I always wanted a Mego scale DC Comics version of Commissioner Gordon. Any chance that could be our mystery figure?
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

I'd rather the mystery figure be Alfred. But that's just me.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 12, 2004

I would love for it to be Mr. Freeze.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Disco Nightwing
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Your guess is as good as ours. He's definitely a character I'd like to see.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
            Permanent Member
            • Mar 7, 2011

The character possibilities are endless, I guess it will all come down to how sales will go. The better the sales the longer the line will grow and run. I would think that a Commisoner Gordon figure would Defenitly be Part of the 66 run.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
              Career Member
              • Jul 30, 2012

Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Barbara Gordon, and Chief O'Hara

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

I can't think of a character choice other than Scarecrow that makes sense. Besides Two-Face, who Mattel recently released, the other villains aren't as popular. And Gordon/Alfred would be nice, but additional non-superheroes post-AEs would seem like overkill. Maybe Ra's would cut it.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• DaBillmann
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jun 16, 2011

Well, given they've done Bruce and Dick, I am thinking Barbara Gordon is not an unlikely choice for mystery figure. I'd personally love to see Nightwing or a villain, but, just going with my suspiscion.

Comment

• Boshek
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 26, 2011

Gordon yes please. And Alfred, Scarecrow, Freeze, Two-Face are essentials.
                    Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• actjac01
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 17, 2009

I agree with a classic Gordon as well!
                      Also Alfred and Mr. Freeze!
                      Definitely!
                      "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

If they fill that mystery figure spot with Gordon or any other non-flashy looking figure they're setting themselves up to have the line appear quite flat at this point.

Gotta be something like Scarecrow... Freeze... maybe R'as or even a redux on Mattell's recent Two-Face. Otherwise, I personally think it's gonna get ugly.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

^ I agree with you. There is place for Gordon in the future but the line would be better served by a less mundane choice of character. I'd like Freeze, personally, but Bane, Scarecrow, Killer Croc or even Ventriloquist and Scar Face or Poison Ivy would be better selection at this point than Gordon.

I really hope the 66 figures are shown at Comic Con and that they will be available in time for Christmas.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by madmarva
                            ^ I agree with you. There is place for Gordon in the future but the line would be better served by a less mundane choice of character. I'd like Freeze, personally, but Bane, Scarecrow, Killer Croc or even Ventriloquist and Scar Face or Poison Ivy would be better selection at this point than Gordon.
                            And, for the record, I have about 70 DCUC scale figures on display, and I just *had* to get DC Direct versions of Gordon and Alfred to compliment the set-up, so there's my commitment to the classic characters. But, as you said, the place for them in *this* line is probably better suited for some time in the future. It's nothing against the characters... just for marketing reasons.

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

Alfred is the fourth figure in wave 3. Would've preferred Jim Gordon or SI Barbara Gordon if not a villain

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎