PDA

View Full Version : Alter Egos Bruce and Dick Question

Mike77
Jun 26, '13, 1:22 PM
Hi. Just preordered my Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson figures. Here's something I always wondered.I was always curious as the natioanlities / ethnicities of Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. Are they stated in any comic or reference book? I read somewhere online that Dick was a Romany Gypsy. (I always thought he was white?) and does anyone know Bruce's descent?

Thanks!

monitor_ep
Jun 26, '13, 2:24 PM
If I remember right, English-German decent.

Earth 2 Chris
Jun 26, '13, 3:13 PM
The Waynes are of Scottish descent, at least in the Post-Crisis, Pre-New 52 DCU. There was a prestige one-shot called "Batman: The Scottish Connection" that centered around Bruce's ancestry. I believe it's collected in a recent "Batman International" TPB.

Chris

monitor_ep
Jun 26, '13, 3:47 PM
I may have thought about the Batman meet Viking Prince cross-over where the Nordic Viking Prince meet an English Bat-Man.

PNGwynne
Jun 26, '13, 4:12 PM
Grayson's descent was retconned as Romanian, yes.

JediJaida
Jun 26, '13, 4:26 PM
I was about to say that too. I don't know when it was retconned that he was of Romany descent, but it was most likely after the Crisis on Infinite Earths series.

Earth 2 Chris
Jun 26, '13, 7:23 PM
It was during Devin Graysons' run on Nightwing, which was otherwise absymal. When fan-fic writers run wild...

Chris

Mike77
Jun 26, '13, 7:26 PM
Grayson's descent was retconned as Romanian, yes.

Thanks. What was Grayson before the retcon? and if he is a romani gypsy now what is he? part Indian or still caucasian?

Mike77
Jun 26, '13, 7:29 PM
It was during Devin Graysons' run on Nightwing, which was otherwise absymal. When fan-fic writers run wild...

Chris

Thanks. What was Grayson before the retcon? and if he is a romani gypsy now what is he? part Indian or still caucasian?

sauce
Aug 7, '13, 11:01 PM
Still want to know I do!

:-)