Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawkman, Riddler, Superfrinends Batman, Year One Batman and Spaaaaace Ghooost!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomStrong
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2011

Hawkman, Riddler, Superfrinends Batman, Year One Batman and Spaaaaace Ghooost!

Here's Space Ghost finally finished. Head from ebay, paints by me, Cape, emblem and stickers from LaserMego. Body and bodysuit from CTVT.

s[aceghostfinished by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Here's the EMCE style custom card and back by me. I scanned in a EMCE backer and changed the colors and characters using Photoshop CS4. Its printed on card stock so it goes in the super clam.

card by TomStrong1, on Flickr

card2 by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Here's the Hawkman. I'm finally finished with him. Head from megowgsh, paints by me. His harness is a modified Hasbro Martian Manhunter harness. Pants by Brian Leitner, body, wings, boots are Dr. Mego. Emblem is by LaserMego.

finished hawkman by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Batman Year One Style figure. Head from BlackKnight paints by me. Awesome vinyl cape and emblem from LaserMego. Body and uniform are from CTVT.

blackbat by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Next is my Super Friends style Batman. Head sculpt and cape by BlackKnight paints me me. Uniform from CTVT and emblem from LaserMego.

batfriend by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Finally is my Riddler. Head from ebay paints by me. Emblem from LaserMego, uniform from CTVT.

Finished Riddler by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Huge thanks to everyone for helping me with my accessories and head sculpts. If you guys haven't gotten anything from LaserMego you're missing out because they are wonderful. My pictures don't do them justice. still learning as I go on the paints but 'Ive learned ceramcoat is entirely better than whatever junk was I first purchased at Joanne. These have been massive fun to put together and I hope you guys have as much fun viewing them as I did making them.

P.S. I just love this place!
  • VinMan
    Career Member Mego Maniac
    • Sep 6, 2012

Way to go!! They are beautiful and that Hawkman is like a little piece of heaven.
    Nice done on all Tom!!

You should be super stoked because these are beauties!!

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

I like them all!
      You know, I was thinking and you reminded me. Space Ghost's cape. It's really hard to pin it down what it is supposed to look like. Is it two toned black and yellow? is it deep yellow with the deep fringes like you did? Is it black? is it yellow? I have seen so many ways to tackle it and they all look good! Nice job.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Captain_Mego
        Vet.
        • May 22, 2007

Great looking figures ,keep up the good work.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Great Figures Tom.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

Nice set!
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

They turned out great!
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

nice bunch of figures, really like that SF Bats.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

great set of figures! they all look great. That BK batman head is awesome - and you did a great job painting it.

way to go on the whole set, and great parts from all involved!
                  "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Captain Awesome
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2012

They all look great! Love what you did with the Hawkman harness, the 2 tone SF Batman cape and that Riddler head is mighty spiffy too! Diggin on em al!
                    Courage is being scared to death but saddlin' up anyway. - John Wayne

Comment

• newlyknighted
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 21, 2010

Ditto what Capt. Awesome said. Nice work!
                      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Byrnes
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 19, 2011

I want that Hawkman!!!!!! Nice work.
                        WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Originally posted by TomStrong
                          Here's Space Ghost finally finished. Head from ebay, paints by me, Cape, emblem and stickers from LaserMego. Body and bodysuit from CTVT.

s[aceghostfinished by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Here's the EMCE style custom card and back by me. I scanned in a EMCE backer and changed the colors and characters using Photoshop CS4. Its printed on card stock so it goes in the super clam.

card by TomStrong1, on Flickr

card2 by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Here's the Hawkman. I'm finally finished with him. Head from megowgsh, paints by me. His harness is a modified Hasbro Martian Manhunter harness. Pants by Brian Leitner, body, wings, boots are Dr. Mego. Emblem is by LaserMego.

finished hawkman by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Batman Year One Style figure. Head from BlackKnight paints by me. Awesome vinyl cape and emblem from LaserMego. Body and uniform are from CTVT.

blackbat by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Next is my Super Friends style Batman. Head sculpt and cape by BlackKnight paints me me. Uniform from CTVT and emblem from LaserMego.

batfriend by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Finally is my Riddler. Head from ebay paints by me. Emblem from LaserMego, uniform from CTVT.

Finished Riddler by TomStrong1, on Flickr

Huge thanks to everyone for helping me with my accessories and head sculpts. If you guys haven't gotten anything from LaserMego you're missing out because they are wonderful. My pictures don't do them justice. still learning as I go on the paints but 'Ive learned ceramcoat is entirely better than whatever junk was I first purchased at Joanne. These have been massive fun to put together and I hope you guys have as much fun viewing them as I did making them.

P.S. I just love this place!
                          I love the Space Ghost and Hawkman. Great job all around.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• piecemaker
                            There's no need to fear..
                            • Jan 26, 2009

Great job on all! The Super Friends Batman is my favorite of those.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎