X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoFan67
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 19, 2012

Custom Idea

Not sure if anyone has done a custom of this character, but if there is one custom I would like to do or get, is that of Ebenezer Scrooge.There have been alot of actors who have played the miserly Scrooge, but Jim Carrey's live animation movie showed Scrooge as he should be.Long hair,nightcap,crooked long nose,pajamas,robe,slippers carrying a candle and holder.Would this be a custom anyone would like to do?
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>Would this be a custom anyone would like to do?

Y'know.... this'd be a good one for someone starting out. You could probably use the head from the Space 1999 old guy for the base.

Don C.

Comment

• MegoFan67
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 19, 2012

Good idea.But I guess the real particular characters are tougher to do since there ave been so many actors to play Scrooge.But I think Jim Carrey's version is pretty accurate.

Comment

• DistinctiveDummies
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by MegoFan67
        Good idea.But I guess the real particular characters are tougher to do since there ave been so many actors to play Scrooge.But I think Jim Carrey's version is pretty accurate.
        For me it would have to be the Alistair Simm version. I think I ma look at this myself in the run up to Christmas
        http://www.distinctivedummies.net

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Marley and the three spirits would be cool too

Comment

• DistinctiveDummies
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 7, 2011

Most definitely worth thinking about
            http://www.distinctivedummies.net

Comment

• MegoFan67
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 19, 2012

The Alastair Sim would be a second choice for sure, either would work.Maybe someone here could make a run at a few customs and post the results.I wish i had the parts and talent to do customs.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

I think I'm the only one in the world tha prefers the 1938 MGM version with Reginald Owen as Scrooge. It's the version I grew up watching, although The version with Sim is a more faithful adaptation and spookier. The CBS affiliate in Memphis always ran it as a double feature on Christmas Eve with Miracle on 34th Street. Oddly, the station always ran "It's a Wonderful Life" on New Year's Eve.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 28, 2008

I like both Reginald Owen and Alastair Simm. I am not as fond of the Jim Carrey film, but I agree that look would be very good for a figure. I would definitely be interested in such "literary" figures if they were made.
                  Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                  Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎