X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Snyderman appreciation thread

Just got this figure today from Scott. I was so impressed, I felt inclined to start a appreciation thread just say THANK YOU! This MegoMeet custom is absolutely exquisite in person. As professional as any production piece can be. Everyone involved in the creation of this piece should be congratulated:

Head scultp: BlackKnight
    Head paints:ScottA
    Body: DocMego
    Suit and Cape: Megowgsh and Mrs. ScottA
    Paints:MegoSpidey
    Belt:Noelani72
    Emblems:DavidLee
    Box:Mego73

Here he is in his box. The box is just beautiful.

The head sculpt is dead on and the paints are incredible. The quality of the outfit is absolutely professional and the cape is beautifully sewn into the back shoulders of the costume. The emblems are stellar. And no, your eyes are not decieving you. This Snyderman comes with his own actions figures!

I've got a Hulk! And to top it off, a very cool Martian Manhunter! So cool. Snyderman also comes with a spare set of feet (not shown).

Here's the Snyderman holding his figures while showcasing the back of the box. Beautiful graphics along with a brief history of the Snyderman's origin.

And not to be outdone, this box also has some awesome side artwork showcasing more characters like the classic Mego packaging.

Overall just a tremendous piece. As iconic as Snyderman was for me reading those comics back in the 70's, this figure is an instant classic! He will sit proudly on display in my office so I can admire him daily. Thank you Scott for making these available. And a huge thanks to all the talented folks who contributed their time and efforts to bring this childhood favorite of mine to life. It's a priceless treasure!
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

I had no idea who or what a Snyderman was before Scott told me. I still had to have this figure. It's too darn cool to let go by. Everything just worked with this, and I'm hopeful he already sold out, not because of rising value, but because I want to see him break even. This was an expensive exclusive made with MegoMeet pride. This is the only official Meet exclusive I own.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
      Vet.
      • May 22, 2007

That's a great figure. I love the retro stuff. How much are these? And are there any left?

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Who Knew ScottA Could Paint.
        I never saw anything.....
        very Nice paint work Scott...., U really did a Great Job.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

Scott did a bang up job on these. Just for those that don't realize, the side bar characters all represent past Mego Meet figure exclusives.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• piecemaker
            There's no need to fear..
            • Jan 26, 2009

Very cool custom! I should have bought one of these a week or so ago when i had the chance.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

I should have bought mine at the meet, but he should be on his way.

Last I spoke to him, Scott was close to selling out, so you might want to contact him if you want one.

This is the first Meet exclusive I bought, and if next year's is as clever and as good as this year's offering, it is the first of many.
              Last edited by B-Lister; Jun 20, '13, 11:06 PM.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by piecemaker
                Very cool custom! I should have bought one of these a week or so ago when i had the chance.
                No time like the present. I am close to the end.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Thank you for the kudos. I appreciate it but it really was a group effort.

I hope next years lives up to the expectations.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Snyderman was mentioned on AFI's Geek Shall Inherit podcast!

I hope all of you Dads out there had a great Father's Day and Father's Day weekend. I know I did! We do a bit of reminiscing on our dads in this episode and their influence on our geekdom in this episode. My dad and his music, Jason's dad and movies and both dad's relationship to technology now. We
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

Great thread, great figure!
                      I have to clarify one tiny detail - I merely was supervisor and technical support for the belt. I oversaw its design, but the brunt of it falls onto my son Sean (aka Legend of Link).
                      He designed the digital file for its creation.
                      It was a total pleasure getting a chance to participate on a MM figure!

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by B-Lister
                        Snyderman was mentioned on AFI's Geek Shall Inherit podcast!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...re-to-warn-you
                        Yeah, I texted Jason about it over that weekend and got a very prompt "GET ME ONE!" in reply.

Love the figure and the concept, he is my favourite of the MM exclusives.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

Agreed. Pulsar was awesome, as was Mudd and Indy. And I have seen Kromedome and Mightor up close, but Snyderman is speaks to my inner geek in a way the others can't.

Wonder if Ivan ever looked into doing this back in the day?

Comment

• B-Lister
                            Eccentric Weirdo
                            • Mar 19, 2010

Bought a big stack of Heroes World catalogs today. This custom has really gotten into my subconscious!

Comment

• megowgsh
                              Customego HoF Curator
                              • Nov 19, 2003

Proud to be part of this project.

IMO the best MM exclusive we have ever done.
                              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎