Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DrMego--spare items from Star Trek line...?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fumetti
    • Feb 12, 2008

DrMego--spare items from Star Trek line...?

DrMego, your offer to accept trade-ins of silver-striped Spock/McCoy shirts for gold-striped shirts led me to this question...

Is it possible for you to offer individual parts from this production run?

I realize you might prefer to sell off the replicas you already offer, but (if I understand correctly) they're not of the same plastic as vintage or this current replica line. (I don't mean to offend, but you understand why someone would want to take advantage of this amazing opportunity.)

I would very much like to buy extra red shirts, complete weapon belts, and tricorders. Since you already have these items in mass production, would it be possible for you to add somewhat to the run and offer extras to fans?
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by fumetti
    DrMego, your offer to accept trade-ins of silver-striped Spock/McCoy shirts for gold-striped shirts led me to this question...

Is it possible for you to offer individual parts from this production run?

I realize you might prefer to sell off the replicas you already offer, but (if I understand correctly) they're not of the same plastic as vintage or this current replica line. (I don't mean to offend, but you understand why someone would want to take advantage of this amazing opportunity.)

I would very much like to buy extra red shirts, complete weapon belts, and tricorders. Since you already have these items in mass production, would it be possible for you to add somewhat to the run and offer extras to fans?
    Go check DM's website
    http://www.megodoctor.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=GUN
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• fumetti
      • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
      Yeah, I know about his and other replica sites. But I'm under the impression these are not made of the same kind of plastic, and that you have to soften up the belts first or you'll break them. Is that just about other sellers? Are DrMegos made from the same kind of plastic as used in the EMCE line?

Plus, DrMego doesn't have the ST shirts, not that I could find on his site.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

You do know that Dr. Mego and EMCE are the same person, right?

It is good quality stuff. Nothing will ever have the exact same texture as the original Mego plastic - this is nice in the sense that a collector can tell the difference between real and repro.

He has offerred the shirts - I had a Scottie - I thought it was a little tight fitting but nice.
        Last edited by Brue; Feb 19, '08, 9:42 AM.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
          Career Member
          • Jun 10, 2007

He just dosn't have them on his site.

DR. MEGO does have the shirts as he is the one that is offering the replacements for the EMCE line for those who want them.

Dr. MEGO, Paul, are all EMCE.. They are the same person.
          Lynn

Comment

• Judson's
            • Oct 23, 2007

Yeah, I know about his and other replica sites. But
            Go to "Search" on his site and just type in "shirt" and you'll see them. There's no "Star Trek" in the names (they're like "blue shirt", "red shirt" and "ensign shirt") which I assume is for rights reasons. Kinda subtle - like his "blue purse" is a Tricorder, "blue razor" is a communicator, etc.

The shirts are nice material. The collars are kinda big and held down with a spot of glue in the front but can be trimmed down a bit - or replaced with one from a thrashed original shirt. The red shirts are nice for adding security guys. They come with two stripes (for Scotty) but you can remove one for a Lieutenant, or both for an Ensign/crewman.

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

Where did Doc Mego offer to trade in the silver stripe shirts?

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by mego73
                Where did Doc Mego offer to trade in the silver stripe shirts?

Why are the rank stripes silver? - Mego Talk
                sigpic

Comment

• fumetti
                  • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by Judson's
                  Go to "Search" on his site and just type in "shirt" and you'll see them. There's no "Star Trek" in the names (they're like "blue shirt", "red shirt" and "ensign shirt") which I assume is for rights reasons. Kinda subtle - like his "blue purse" is a Tricorder, "blue razor" is a communicator, etc.

The shirts are nice material. The collars are kinda big and held down with a spot of glue in the front but can be trimmed down a bit - or replaced with one from a thrashed original shirt. The red shirts are nice for adding security guys. They come with two stripes (for Scotty) but you can remove one for a Lieutenant, or both for an Ensign/crewman.
                  Wow. Thanks! Didn't think of a direct search. Just looked through the clothing section. Since I found "space pants" and no shirts, I thought they weren't available.

Comment

• fumetti
                    • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by Brue
                    You do know that Dr. Mego and EMCE are the same person, right?
                    Yeah. But I'm trying to discover if there's a distinction between the plastic used in previous repro items (sold by DrMego) and those made for this line.

Comment

• fumetti
                      • Feb 12, 2008

Just found them on his site.

Now I see where the silver stripes idea comes from. The yellow and blue shirt stripes are definitely silver. The red shirt might be.

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

Yeah. But I'm trying to discover if there's a distinction between the plastic used in previous repro items (sold by DrMego) and those made for this line.

I'm pretty sure the phasers, communicators, tricorders, belts of past were also made in China and are the same today.

Comment

• Judson's
                          • Oct 23, 2007

Not as far as I can tell. I got a Tricorder from his site, and compared to the one that came with my Romulans, the plastic is the same (well - different colors).

I can have the polymers tested, but I think they have to melt them down completely to do that, and it'll be weeks before I get the results back from the lab

Oh - the stripes on the red shirts from his site are definitely gold BTW. And the chest insignias come with them too - as their own stickers you apply yourself.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• fumetti
                            • Feb 12, 2008

No need to melt anything! Just going by the feel is good enough for me. Thanks.

Glad to hear about the stickers.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎