X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Anybody ever do a ROM head?

I think a ROM custom would be sweet. Anybody ever attempt one?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

seems like it'd be an easy one to sculpt.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

I tried one but the sculpey fell apart. Probably better to do it in sheet styrene and fill it with putty to get flat surfaces. I still have that torso but also should probably be done in plastic.

Not all of these are ROM but depending on who drew him there are diferent shapes the helmet can be made in-not strictly a square or rectangle; especially on his forehead and where his mouth would be:

Last edited by johnmiic; Jun 16, '13, 7:38 PM.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Damn! Those are great!
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

I have plenty of sculpey and sheet styrene. I should try it again. I just don't devote the time.

Ideally ROM should have one of Brian Lietner's silver suits and the chest piece and rocket pack should be like Knights armor which fit on top of the suit. See Brian's silver suit work below. What Brian did, which I really like, is he has masked and altered the look of the Mego T2 torsoand made it more comic accurate to the character:

Last edited by johnmiic; Jun 17, '13, 2:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎