PDA

View Full Version : Have long was your drive?

palitoy
Jun 14, '13, 8:32 AM
This year's attendees, last years, let me know how far you came. Just gathering data.

David Lee
Jun 14, '13, 9:28 AM
I drove 12 hours and have for 6 of the 9 MM's... It's worth every minute, and every gas station burrito and tractor trailor I dodge and every crappy antique mall I stop at :)

palitoy
Jun 14, '13, 9:32 AM
It's worth every minute, and every gas station burrito and tractor trailor I dodge and every crappy antique mall I stop at :)

I gave up on the Antique malls in 2008, there are only so many McDonald's Beanie Babies and Nascar junk a man can see.

Bronxboykev
Jun 14, '13, 10:00 AM
3 years in a row now from the Bronx, the drive is pretty reasonable we usually leave around noon or so on Friday and arrive by 6 - 6:30, this year Jersey held us up between the Weather and the traffic it put us 2 hours off the pace we arrived at 8:30. Next year I'm gonna Leave Thursday afternoon or early Friday morning

enyawd72
Jun 14, '13, 10:01 AM
Do you count down and back or just down?

VintageMike
Jun 14, '13, 10:03 AM
This year about 8 hours due mostly due to the rain during the second part of the trip and my desire to stop more frequnetly because of it.
Normal ride for me from northern NJ is a little over 7 hours in previous years.

palitoy
Jun 14, '13, 10:20 AM
Do you count down and back or just down?

One way please. I'll assume to double it.

pmwasson
Jun 14, '13, 10:25 AM
Do I get a prize for travelling the furthest? This year the airline routed us from Portland to New York and then back to Pittsburgh! :cool3:

B-Lister
Jun 14, '13, 10:47 AM
20 minutes.

pmwasson
Jun 14, '13, 10:50 AM
20 minutes.
I think the first option of the poll should be read as under 2 hours.

B-Lister
Jun 14, '13, 10:52 AM
I chose that option, just to make sure the data stayed as accurate as possible.

palitoy
Jun 14, '13, 10:57 AM
I think the first option of the poll should be read as under 2 hours.

agreed, although I kind of think Justin is the anomaly here.

wayne foundation 07
Jun 14, '13, 11:00 AM
1 hour 40 mins for me, Thanks for driving John :smiley12:

B-Lister
Jun 14, '13, 11:03 AM
agreed, although I kind of think Justin is the anomaly here.

True, but there is a certain appeal to having a favorite toy show right in my backyard.

David Lee
Jun 14, '13, 11:27 AM
True, but there is a certain appeal to having a favorite toy show right in my backyard.

heck yea! I'm jealous (well for 3-4 days a year anyway)...

Dave

batmanmc
Jun 14, '13, 11:29 AM
I drive about 12 hours could make it in ten if I didn't stop as much. been to 7 megomeets. would do it again no problem.

B-Lister
Jun 14, '13, 11:58 AM
David, there are plenty of great Antique Malls in this part of the country. I can definitely help you there.

I am very protective of my stomping grounds, but I can't buy everything!

megoapesnut
Jun 14, '13, 12:40 PM
I put down how long my drive SHOULD be for accuracy. It's a 4.5 hour drive if I take the recommended way via the turnpike. The route I take ended up being over 7 hours, but that's because I was on the cycle. Next year I will be driving.

palitoy
Jun 14, '13, 2:07 PM
I put down how long my drive SHOULD be for accuracy. It's a 4.5 hour drive if I take the recommended way via the turnpike. The route I take ended up being over 7 hours, but that's because I was on the cycle. Next year I will be driving.

It'd be great to do more than just shake your hand Scott.

megoapesnut
Jun 14, '13, 2:11 PM
It'd be great to do more than just shake your hand Scott.

Yeah, I am there for the whole shabang next year and looking forward to it. I am going to make the Wheeling motorcycle ride a fall thing. Wish I would have thought of doing that this year. It isn't fair to keep saddling Steve with my boxes of cards, either.

palitoy
Jun 14, '13, 4:11 PM
This is really eye opening.

cjefferys
Jun 14, '13, 11:05 PM
I always forget to ask you Brian, how long of a drive is it for folks in our neck of the woods? (although I guess it would be a couple hours less for me compared to you)

Blue Meanie
Jun 14, '13, 11:18 PM
This year we started at Tom's house in Jersey instead of my house on Long Island....man what a difference. It usually take about 2 - 3 hours to get out of New York and into Jersey. So this year instead of close to 8 1/2 hours it was exactly 6 hours.

palitoy
Jun 15, '13, 8:17 AM
I always forget to ask you Brian, how long of a drive is it for folks in our neck of the woods? (although I guess it would be a couple hours less for me compared to you)

Depending on traffic, 7 hours door to door. Just about five from your pad but you've missed the poutine stop.

WannabeMego
Jun 15, '13, 1:48 PM
It's more then 8 1/2 hrs if you add the 2 trips together from Berto's house, to mine, to the Meet or from Berto's house directly to the Meet...so I selected 8+ hrs...and this is only to stop for gas, we ate on the run.

This year we started at Tom's house in Jersey instead of my house on Long Island....man what a difference. It usually take about 2 - 3 hours to get out of New York and into Jersey. So this year instead of close to 8 1/2 hours it was exactly 6 hours.

madmarva
Jun 15, '13, 5:06 PM
16 hours if I go through Tennessee; 15 if I go through Missouri. I've got a friend I generally stop by and see in Nashville, so 16.

cjefferys
Jun 15, '13, 6:11 PM
Depending on traffic, 7 hours door to door. Just about five from your pad but you've missed the poutine stop.

Five hours for me, wow that's less than I expected. You could always get an extra poutine to go for me. :wink:

ScottA
Jun 15, '13, 7:48 PM
Mine is 14-15 hours one way depending on stops and such. It's not bad when the boys can come but it's brutal by myself.

Toyman_Chris
Jun 15, '13, 9:53 PM
11.5 hours for me. Totally worth it!!

B-Lister
Jun 15, '13, 11:11 PM
Brian, you live near Niagara, right? Just on the other side of the border as I recall?

trekman101
Jun 16, '13, 11:30 AM
It takes me around 6 hours....and I have no problem with it...the meet is worth it

batmanmc
Jun 16, '13, 3:27 PM
Agreed Anthony my ride is well worth it .it takes about 13 hpurs