Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LadyCommand
    • Jun 13, 2009

Mego Meet 2013 and more

This year at the meet I felt like I normally do when it's all over- wasn't long enough of a weekend to get to talk to everyone I wanted to or look at everything, but it was a great time for myself, Rachael, Anya, and of course Ray.

I can't even make a list of everyone I want to thank or say hi to- because it's everyone. And yes, there were a few faces that weren't there, and they were very much missed. But here's a few things that pop out (even though it's no where near all I would love to say):

I can't say thanks enough for this year's key-chains. They are truly wonderful and awesome you put the thought and time into them. It's great getting to hang out and OK, it's a plus you love the fudge Hope the trip home was quick and event free.

I definitely want to see if two fun brothers make it on the Amazing Race! Thanks for the great convo at the suite BTW Berto- were you able to get your fudge? Or did you turn into a pumpkin?

Trappy- you shouldn't have broken all of those speed laws, but really glad all 3 of you made it :-D (especially in 1 piece!)

Lee- great seeing you, thanks for bringing your great Lady with you.

Steve- did you ever get any sleep?

Rachael and Anya had so much fun with all of their friends they've been waiting all year to see, and especially a couple they waited a few years to see (Gwen and Eddie) and even had sleep-overs. Rachael made a new friend who came for his first time with his Dad (Austin).

There was loads of fun back at the hotel, even when the jets weren't working on the hot tub. LOL I think the kids found all of the fun places there before the adults.

Each year I go with Ray for a few reasons, one because he loves getting to hook up with y'all and get to get his geek on, also because yes I loved many of the toys (and still do, LOL), the girls just have an amazing time- it's awesome to see just how creative they get with the customs, and it's kinda like going to CHEERS. Everyone who goes is there to see friends of old and welcome new ones in with open arms.

Thanks to everyone who made it another great year, helped with everything, set things up (I swear the ONLY time I saw Steve still was around midnight Saturday at the Mego Suite), coming back, or coming for the first time.

Some of you found out there, but I was also asked to set up another Hello Kitty exhibit at the Toy museum next year. If the planning goes right, it will be all set up right before the Meet.

Lastly, I had a flyer on the table about Operation Sunscreen. If you didn't see it, or were one of the ones who wanted a reminder post, I have a post set up in the 'General Discussion' section. Here's the link:

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...tion-Sunscreen

Hugs all around and I hope it's not a full year before I get to talk/see most of you again
    Last edited by LadyCommand; Jun 11, '13, 1:30 PM.
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

As always it was great seeing you and ray and anya and rachel. Tell anya she has to bring her batmobile next year for the races with my batmobile maybe two of my batmobiles.

Comment

• LadyCommand
      • Jun 13, 2009

She has plans to polish it up, but she doesn't think she'll fix the wheel LOL She thinks it won't be as fast then I'm going to try to get a Speed Buggy, or make one :D

Comment

• durgos
        • Apr 1, 2009

Hey my fudge finally thawed out last night! Yummy!

thanks,

Dan

Comment

• RobTMego
          Career Member
          • Mar 15, 2013

I had a wonderful time talking to you, outside at the smoking area at the Hampton Inn. I even told my wife what a cool person you were to talk to

Rob Turner

Comment

• LadyCommand
            • Jun 13, 2009

Originally posted by durgos
            Hey my fudge finally thawed out last night! Yummy!

thanks,

Dan
            LOL That fridge does way more than cool :-) Glad you finally got to eat some!

Comment

• LadyCommand
              • Jun 13, 2009

Originally posted by Fleshbox
              I had a wonderful time talking to you, outside at the smoking area at the Hampton Inn. I even told my wife what a cool person you were to talk to

Rob Turner

I have to say, it made my evening way more relaxed being able to talk with someone who was dealing with so much of the same. So glad you were able to get to come and enjoy. Sending a hug for your wife- I hope she's having some good days and has LOADS of them this summer :-) Anytime you need an ear, give me a hollar! So how late were you in the mego suite? Ray sends a 'hey!' and says he enjoyed meeting ya.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎