Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek - New Star Fleet Officers (well for me anyway)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TK471
    • Apr 10, 2013

Star Trek - New Star Fleet Officers (well for me anyway)

OK, maybe some of you might not find these very original, but for me, I'm just having fun. I'm 'new' to Mego fun (not having had any since the 70s), and I've been on an original series kick lately, so...

Here's some Mego, EMCE, and 'custom' Star Fleet Officers

Happy Days of the Future!

The crew needed some diversification, so....

I had some learning to do making the figures work out, for example: The Andorian Officer, I actually cut the boots off of an EMCE figure, and removed the blue feet from the original EMCE Andorian, and put the boots on the legs... worked great for him! I tried the same for Captain Fonzie (that I made for my fiancee), but it didn't work the same, had to dremel out extra plastic in the boot. For my own Captain Fonzie, I used the tutorial on popping out the knee pins, and swapping legs. I was also using some figures from Classic TV Toys, which I discovered (and see the other data on) are fragile, all the Made in India items, so some things came apart OK, some shattered. You can see I borrowed some folks from Space 1999 to add to Star Fleet, and I had to replace cracked hands on those.

At some point, I'll delve into making completely non Star Trek customs, but it'll be a slow process.... still fun!

I just remembered to mention, Captain Fonzie, he's made from an original Mego Fonz body, head is from the new Classic TV Toys Fonzie, and uniform from Dr. Mego.
    Last edited by TK471; Jun 11, '13, 12:57 AM.
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Excellent job on those, TK471! Could you imagine trying to complete a mission with Ralph Malph on your team?? Red shirt indeed!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

AYYYYYY!! Captain Fonzie!!!
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• nobody
        banjo!
        • Jan 26, 2012

I see some fun stuff here. You made a CMD Thelin (andorian) from STAS Yesteryear whether you realize it or not. If you take Richie and paint his hair brown and yellow shirt him you have a passable Riley...ohhhhh Kathleeennn. Dr.Mbenga? is there as well. Fonzie looks like Phase 2 James Cawley/ Capt Kirk. They are all very clean. Great Job.

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Very creative! I like the concept of expanding the Fleet. 5 Stars

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
            Career Member
            • Nov 22, 2011

Nicely done! I like the Shazam red shirt. Too bad he's going to die soon : (
            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• TK471
              • Apr 10, 2013

Yes, the Andorian is indeed meant to be Commander Thelin, he was the first one I had an idea to do when I got my first batch of EMCE figures, and he is made from just those new figures. It was after him I started searching around and found this website/forum, and places to get parts/clothes! As for Dr. Mbenga, that would be fitting, I knew I wanted him to be a science officer, and I had just watched an episode with him in the past few months. I have to figure out how to make some 'medical' style Star Fleet shirts. Now, James Cawley... my fiancee (Sandra) and I were just discussing that Capt. Fonzie does look like him lol... yep, we've watched those as well, not a bad fan series at all. Thanks, these were fun to make!

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

Looks great. I'm pretty sure red shirt Ralph will get killed by some evil alien in the first scene. It's always the red shirt that ends up dead.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• bobws
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 13, 2008

So Cool. I've Tried to make crew members from some of the aliens i got doubles of as well.
                  "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Captain Awesome
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2012

Very snazzy and creative! I like em!
                    Courage is being scared to death but saddlin' up anyway. - John Wayne

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

The Andorian looks great!
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎