X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buddy
    • Jun 9, 2013

Hiring for Customs

Hi,

I have a few of my own superheroes that I'd like to have made into Megos. There are so many terrific customizers here that I thought I'd reach out to see if anyone is interested in doing some custom heroes based on my characters.

If you are reliable (you start what you finish) and you have a reasonable price range (hey, I'm saving up), please drop me an email. I'd love to talk with you about my superheroes!

Buddy Scalera
    buddy@buddyscalera.com
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

I think your best bet is to check Doc's site and CTVT to see if you can kit bash what you 're looking for or a close approximation.

There are great customizes on this board. But any of them worth their salt would probably want $100 minimum per figure. Plus, they tend to make what they're passionate about (not someone else's project on a budget).
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Buddy
      • Jun 9, 2013

Originally posted by boss
      I think your best bet is to check Doc's site and CTVT to see if you can kit bash what you 're looking for or a close approximation.

There are great customizes on this board. But any of them worth their salt would probably want $100 minimum per figure. Plus, they tend to make what they're passionate about (not someone else's project on a budget).
      Thanks very much for the tips. I'm not quite familiar with Doc's site and CTVT. Any chance you can share a link?

Buddy

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

mego mego mego mego robin hood batman star trek planet of the apes cornelius zaius zira scotty uhura mugato spock andorian romulan kirk klingon superman spider riddler joker penguin pirates knights blackbeard galahad ivanhoe zorro iron man thing hulk green arrow daredevil flash green lantern aquaman goblin lizard fate dr. doom human torch invisible girl batmobile batcycle sulu gorn chekov cheron

Classic Tv Toys started making retro MEGO type 8 inch action figures in 2005.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
          Formerly known as Del
          • Dec 12, 2004

Many of us have a specialty we'll accept commissions for. Maybe you could give us a little more detail on what you want. For example, the main thing I do for hire is rerooting hair. I make my own complete figures, but I rarely do them on commission because I don't know what to charge. I can understand if you don't want to post all your designs, but maybe you could give us a sample.
          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Tell us what U want...., How Much Cash U wanna Spend ...., and Show Us what these characters look Like.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Relic
              Banned
              • Jun 24, 2012

I can make you the backer cards for the heros you want but would need to know how many you wanted. I live in Canada so I would prefer to mail several at a time. I need 5 dollars per card to cover my costs plus the price of shipping. Enclosed are a few pictures of my custom made cards.cardedghostrider.JPGcardedthor4.JPGTarzanback.JPGcentremegowall.JPG

Comment

• bobbybeige
                • Jun 9, 2013

Brian Leitner makes customs. Check him out at chickencoupcustoms.com. His email is on the site and he can discuss good pricing. He may work with you on person customs if they are not too far out the norm. He has some good pricing. You can check out his site to see if there is any overlap in the characters you want.

Comment

• devonp
                  • Apr 4, 2010

Has anyone had contact with Steve Kelley, a Star Trek figure customizer as I am trying desperately to reach him? Thanks, appreciate the help in locating him, seems as if he fell off the planet?!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎