• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

My MM homage..

My MM wrap up:

First off thanks to everyone who purchased my junk, you guys are awesome! Nothing makes me feel better than to see folks rummaging in my “people trap” bens looking for just the right part or piece.

I felt like a million bucks talking to everyone and being around guys and gals who like the same stuff I do. My Dad (Paul) and Brother (Paul) and my Nephew (Paul) all had a great time and were made to feel super welcome. They were impressed and enthralled, and all 3 made comments on how cool the MM was. This coming form 3 people of three different generations, with absolutely no idea what it would be like. I was proud to be a part of it all.

Personal shout outs to everyone and I hope I don’t miss any body ( I apologize now if I do)…

Steven Moore, my main man, you did a great job hoss thanks for everything! You pulled off a great show and were fun to hang out with as usual (you sarcastic little bastage).

Austin Hough, my brother from another mother, you are just a delight and have a personality bigger than anyone I know, I missed ya and it was good to catch up old friend.

Ed, you didn’t wreck my car or assault me with Kung Fu this year, so I guess it’s safe to return next year (always a pleasure my man, us Asians have to stick together).

Scott P. (the Axe), just a cool talented dude and a treat to be around, thanks bro!

Heiler, thanks for listening to me, you know so much and I appreciate your opinion and take on so many things (you’re the kind of guy who’s stories are ones I wish I had).

Mike and Chuck for being good neighbors and buying my closeouts.

Ray for all the good advice and council,

John Farley for letting me “eye grope” his wonderful work.

Scott Arendson (or Anderson depending on the name tag) for picking up where Jason and I left off.

Toyman Chris for bring all the goodies I wanted to buy, but couldn’t afford.

The Comiccazi guys Dave and Mike, you guys rock! And are living the dream (I am almost jealous).

Jimbo Hampton, a genuine and authentic guy, a blessing to me.

Lee for buying so much of my crap that I should name my kids after him (Lee Lee? Maybe not).

Paul Wason, makes the coolest stuff I have ever seen!

Chad and Sean Gordy, just two awesome guys expanding the hobby and working hard to do it! You guys ROCK as well!

Mister Blister Fists/B-lister AKA the “guy who hates money” nice to share some space with ya man thanks it was sure fun.

Len the local, thanks for making the 200 yard trek to be there…

Brue for dressing up as Captain America, my nephew thought you were awesome (and you are).

The Brothers “L” Tom and ‘Berto, you guys are an un-filmed reality show, the stories the riffing it’s hilarious!

To all my homies that couldn’t make it this year I had a Yuengling in your honor…

Lastly, I want to make a special shout to Craig Owen (Zica Toys), thanks for dragging your lovely wife up to Wheeling, it was a real pleasure to meet ya face to face and talk action-figures, you are making it fun for me again bro and I can’t thank you enough!

Anywho before I get all mushy, thanks to you all for such a great time! Until next year, be safe and save your money!

Dave
    Last edited by David Lee; Jun 10, '13, 1:11 PM.
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Hey I got a shout out!

I don't hate money, I just like sleeping in!

They print money every day. The hours I get to spend In la la land, however are finite!

It WAS fun, and the best one for me yet. There were some notable absences, and I truly hope they all make their way back for the 10th anniversary.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I am sorry that I didn't get to talk to Craig face to face.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
        70's Era Pimp
        • Sep 7, 2011

David, it was great seeing you as well. Awesome stuff!

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

Always good to see you Dave.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Great to see you Dave - thanks for selling all my stuff back to me for less than what you paid.

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

David, the feeling is mutual. All the best!
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Great to see you return Dave, thanks for the swell deals.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                  Type3Toys Has Transformed
                  • Oct 5, 2011

Great to see you too Dave, just glad you were groping my work and not me this year!
                  View My Customs
                  www.type3toys.com
                  or check here
                  http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

Thanks for the words of encouragement and the help. We will be talking more.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megojim
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 13, 2001

backatcha sir!
                      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

Great finally getting a chance to talk to you Dave. One of the pluses of the smaller gathering this year, was I was able to talk to people such as yourself, where as in past years some many conversations were going on so frantically it was difficult to talk to everyone. Would be great if your venture takes off as the body would be open up tons of possibilities for the less talented folk like me!

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Good to see you. Thanks for the great deal on the way cool Flash Gordon!

Comment

• AcroRay
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 17, 2005

Thanks for the great deals on stuff at your table, sir! They'll be treasured.

And I'll have some more infos for you soon.
                            Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                            AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                            The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                            Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• David Lee
                              The Fix-it-up Chappie
                              • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by AcroRay
                              Thanks for the great deals on stuff at your table, sir! They'll be treasured.

And I'll have some more infos for you soon.
                              My pleasure sir... your awesome to talk to and a font of knowledge...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎