X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

Toyman's Mego Meet 2013 Recap: Memories & Megos

This was my second year and I can certainly say it was twice as fun.

1) Hampton Inn - I loved the hotel and honestly, considering the aquatic center & nice continental breakfast (it was a decent spread) I thought it was worth the monies.

2) The Mego Suite - while the room is very nice, the best part about the Mego Suite is the people. I challenge anyone to show me a better group of people. Being able to talk business, toys & customizing with everyone is awesome.

3) "Where do they get those wonderful toys?" - Not kidding. I set up at a lot of Collectibles shows. In all honesty, I am no slouch when it comes to my set up and product. I seldom find too many booths that truly impress me at most comic conventions. The quality of toys at Mego Meet is amazing. Every booth has something I want. If you walk out of that show empty handed, you didn't do something right. That is a testament to ALL of the dealers that attend.

On Friday night I went to Chad/Sean's room to paint some heads. I had a great time and learned a couple of techniques from Sean and Jim. You guys are amazing. Watching Chad's 3D printer at work was stunning. Hanging out with Sean, Chad, Jim & Chuck was one of the highlights for me. Thanks guys!

Sunday Chad/Sean, Austin/Kyle & my wife Stacey and I drove back to Indianapolis in a "convoy". It was great to stop off at a large antique mall and o some shopping and then grab a "quick" bite to eat, before heading home. I was glad to continue my Mego Meet exoerience as long as I could.

In closing, I want to throw out some quick shout outs.

Jim - I just want to say I think you are an amazing person & I truly respect you. We didn't chat enough.

Austin - love ya brother!

Scott A - thanks for the chats. They meant a lot to me.

Chuck - I could talk business/toys with you all night long....oh, we did. LOL. It was great seeing you again! Rhode Island Comicon can't come quick enough!

Chad - Getting together once a year isn't enough! Party at Austin's!!

Sean - Thanks for the painting tips. Great seeing you again.

Steve - thanks for everything you do to make the Mego Meet & Mego Museum everything it is. Your hard work does not go unnoticed.

Berto - I am glad we got a chance to chat more this year.

Mike C - Great seeing you and Moe again. Appreciate the cloth Robin belt! Tell Moe thanks again for the T1 Robin!

I could go on and on...... Overall, the only negative to the weekend is that it goes by so fast.
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Which antique mall did you stop at? Two favorites of mine are on the way to Indy.

Heart of America and Springfield Antiques.

My brother lives in Dayton and I always go to both when I visit!
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
      70's Era Pimp
      • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by B-Lister
      Which antique mall did you stop at? Two favorites of mine are on the way to Indy.

Heart of America and Springfield Antiques.

My brother lives in Dayton and I always go to both when I visit!

We went to Heart Of America. Decent mall, but not a lot of stuff for us Mego heads.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
        70's Era Pimp
        • Sep 7, 2011

Here is a pic of my haul from this year. Lots of goodies.

Last edited by Toyman_Chris; Jun 10, '13, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

I saw a scant few last time I was there, but they weren't cheap. I think you would have better luck at Springfield Antiques. It seemed to have more toys.

I also saw a Medusa (Marvel's Inhumans) Third Eye black light poster from the 70s last time I was there.

Nice Green Arrow Moon Glass. And I see you found a Supergirl somewhere!

As for where I get my wonderful toys? I put in the foot time, and developed a network. The people I deal with cut me deals so I can pass savings on to you! I go to many shows and hunt for bargains. This past year I passed up a near complete ROM that I regret not buying.

Next year I plan on having more great deals.
          Last edited by B-Lister; Jun 10, '13, 12:29 AM.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

I picked up Supergirl at the antique mall, ironically enough. ;-)

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Glad you found one. I saw one recently at the antique mall I deal out of, but I couldn't get back on Saturday to check.

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

Great to see you Chris. I had the option of stopping at both an antique mall and a comic show on the way home, but since I do the trip solo my body finally said "enough' and I just went home.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Looks like you got some great stuff!
                  It will take me months to get over not going.

Just thinking of all the mego goodness I missed is making me sick!
                  "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

Chris, you are truly an awesome guy and you have a wife who works her tail off for ya! Spoil her rotten. ;-)
                    We're definitely going to hook up between now and next MM...so you can add another marvel character to your collection lol

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

You and Stacey have been great additions to the "family" and are simply a pleasure to be with. Look forward to seeing you guys again in Nov. I'll reiterate the general consensus, that once a year simply isn't enough.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Thanks for bringing all the cool stuff, including the cool wife. It cracks me up that she won't let you load the van.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Nice to see you both again Chris, you brought a spectacular spread this year.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

Two of the nicest people on the planet. Always a pleaseure.
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎