X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

VintageMike's 2013 Mego Meet pick ups & memories

Back home, and tired but spiritually happy. Hard to believe my sixth Meet has ended! This weekend is always the highlight of my year and as always goes super fast. Even as I'm driving there Thursday I know I'll blink my eyes and the last Saturday night gathering will be happening at the Suite. As they say time flies when you're having fun. Where else can I talk comics or toys the whole weekend and everyone is laughing and engaged? Only here. Even when I wasn't talking myself I enjoyed listening to everyone else. The only downside was all those who I consider friends who could not make it this year. You slackers better show next year, j/k. Great seeing Brian, Ed, Steve, Scott A, Scott P., Tom, Berto, John F. (who was gracious enough to taxi me around the whole weekend, as I may have a brake issue with my car), Chris, Mike C. Austin, Jim, Chad, Sean, Chuck and as I've said everyone I talked to. If forgot you by name, I apologize I'm only half awake as we all know this weekend rocks for pretty much everything but sleep.
    Just know that you guys are the reason I insist to everyone around me that this trip must be made all costs every year. Love adding to my collection, but I look forward most to hanging around with such a great group of people.
    The Hampton Inn was a giant upgrade the staff actually treated us like valued guests. When I checked out 5:00 AM this morning and asked if they'd mind if grab a muffin/coffee for the road, they were not only happy to say yes but one of the staff even gave me brown bag with water,and some extra food free of charge!
    So now onto the loot!

First up was a boxed Mr. Mxyzptlk from Austin (MegoWGSH). Actually looks better that the pic would indicate. He was needed because
    A)I sold off my carded one to fund other purchases and b)I decided I'm far enough into this to go for a boxed set.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Next up as I picked up Scott P.'s (RandomAxe)s awesome Bizarro. Even if he gets made by Figures I doubt he'll look this good! He'll be leaving his clamshell home to join the rest of my LOD.

No Meet is complete with a boxed pick up from Berto (Blue Meanie). This time it was Superman as I'll admit for such an iconic character he hasn't received much love in collection. He'll also complete the boxed Superfriends for me.

Next we move to Saturday.

Since my LOD gained a new member it was only fair to reinforce the Superfriends side which I did by getting the last Retro-Action figure I needed to complete the available Superfriends: Aquaman. Chose to go with the RA over the Mego since my Black Manta is also an RA. This one is courtesy of TrekMan101 who I thank for the great price.

Had to pick up Scott A's awesome Snyderman. Really had me at the box as I have so many great memories of Heroes World. It was great character choice IMO as it's only the third exclusive in many years of attending I felt I had to have.

Finally the customs auction. While I missed out the MegoSpidey's awesome Spidey/Black Cat combo (just went a little beyond the budget I had left), I picked up this exclusive Brick. He and the yellow "Banana Republic" version were put up for together with first winning bidder getting their choice.
    I was initially outbid, but luckily the winner wanted the yellow one and I snagged this. Plus, I wanted to help out the Museum.

While I didn't pick up this Robin at the Meet, the snazzy new tunic he's sporting comes courtesy of Mike C. (BatmanMC).

Also picked up great stuff from LaserMego and a ton of parts from Doc & Berto.
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Sweet pick ups!
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• HumanWolfman
      Type3Toys Has Transformed
      • Oct 5, 2011

Great seeing(and hanging out with) you at the meet!
      View My Customs
      www.type3toys.com
      or check here
      http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• megojim
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 13, 2001

Always a pleasure Mike!
        My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
          70's Era Pimp
          • Sep 7, 2011

Great stuff Mike. As always, great seeing you!!

Comment

• Saroyan
            Persistent Member
            • Oct 4, 2011

I am going to have to get my....self together and make it to a Mego Meet!

Comment

• trekman101
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2009

Your very welcome Mike
              "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

mike, (raise glass) till next year bro! salute!

Comment

• RobTMego
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 15, 2013

Mike, Great stuff, I am sad I never really got to speak with you much, you seem to be a super cool guy and like minded. but there is always next year.

Rob Turner

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Always good to see ya Mike. We always seem to have a mini meet at Berto's tables with Mr. Farley and the Ligotti's every year. Always fun to hang out and chat.
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Always fun to talk and hang with you Mike. Glad to love Snyderman. And thanks.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

It was good to see you Mike, glad you made the drive.

Comment

• megowgsh
                          Customego HoF Curator
                          • Nov 19, 2003

great to spend time with you again Mike. All the best!
                          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Great seeing you there as always sir, appreciated knowing that your coworkers liked my book!
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎