X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBigToyAuction.com
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 1, 2011

Scouting Report . . .

The wife and I were just out to Wheeling a few weeks back and we ended up staying at the Hampton Inn.

I gotta say, it was a pretty nice stay. For those that enjoy that sort of thing, they've got a pool, Hot Tub, Steam Room, Gym, etc. Breakfast buffet in the morning, and some fish to watch while waiting to check in (I'm easily distracted :-) ). But MOST importantly, there is a pretty sizeable hill out front for Mego Races. Yes, it leads straight into traffic, but hey, no guts, no glory. Overall, I can't recommend the place enough.

As for dining options, depending on your transportation, we ended up eating at the Quaker Steak and Lube nearby. 10 bucks for the all you can eat buffet including hamburgers, hot dogs, and the standard buffet fare, but also includes their wings with something like 32 different sauces. If you ask, they'll bring 'em out fresh from the kitchen included with the buffet.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    Join us Live at our next live-Auction event! and bid on all your favorite toys! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

The area is seeing an economic influx due to the gas and oil boom. Every hotel in the area is prettying itself up trying to entice business.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• HumanWolfman
      Type3Toys Has Transformed
      • Oct 5, 2011

Thanks for the recon! Cant wait to get there.
      View My Customs
      www.type3toys.com
      or check here
      http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

I have been to the Quaker Steak and lube for every mego meet, it's a Friday night dinner tradition for me and my brother for 2 years now going on 3. We love it! Never was a $10 buffet though is that new???

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

32 sauces you say.....MMMMMMM...Wings.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• TheBigToyAuction.com
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jun 1, 2011

Not sure. It's been a few years since we've been to one, and the first time we've ever been to that one in particular. It might have been a Sunday only thing.

Based on the flyers on the walls, it looks like they were trying out a bunch of different programs/theme nights. Hopefully that doesn't mean they're struggling, though, 'cuz we've always enjoyed them in the past.
            Join us Live at our next live-Auction event! and bid on all your favorite toys! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎