PDA

View Full Version : Six Million Dollar Man Preorder Promo Special!

ZICA
Jun 4, '13, 2:31 PM
I'm contacting retailers now about carrying the figures and wanted to share the details of a preorder promotion that I've put together. The SRP I've listed for the figures is $19.99 each and I've requested that retailers allow customers to buy the figures individually, not just as a set. However, as an incentive to preorder both figures I'm offering a variant Steve Austin figure in a blue tracksuit as part of a special set. The character appeared in this blue tracksuit in a few of the earlier TV episodes. The set includes all three figures and has an SRP of $49.99. This will be the only way to get this variant Steve Austin figure at a lower price. Once the promotion is over, retailers are allowed to put an SRP of their choice on the figure. There will only be one production run of this variant figure so once it's gone it's gone. Any extra inventory will be sold at collector events and comic cons.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Six%20Million%20Dollar%20Man/SMDMSteveAustinbluetracksuit_zps48180018.jpg

saintsyn
Jun 4, '13, 3:08 PM
SCHWEET.

looking forward to it!

Brown Bear
Jun 4, '13, 3:12 PM
That is awesome and smart! Put me down for at least two sets!

ZICA
Jun 4, '13, 3:19 PM
Another bit of interesting info about this blue tracksuit variant is that it apparently also existed in the vintage Kenner line of large scale figures. Seems as though it was a UK exclusive. Thanks to Mego Museum member Mr. Hollywood for the image.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Six%20Million%20Dollar%20Man/KennerSMDMbluetracksuit_zpsc5c7283d.jpg

SeattleEd
Jun 4, '13, 3:22 PM
Craig,

How do I pre-order a set?

ZICA
Jun 4, '13, 3:27 PM
Craig,

How do I pre-order a set?

I'm contacting retailers now so hopefully preorders will start soon. When that happens I'll start posting links, both here and on the ZICA Facebook page.

SeattleEd
Jun 4, '13, 3:28 PM
Perfect! Looking forward to this.

darkmonkeygod
Jun 4, '13, 3:37 PM
Will these be available via Diamond as well?

ZICA
Jun 4, '13, 3:46 PM
Will these be available via Diamond as well?

At this point I can't say for sure, but if they are, the variant figure shown here probably won't be offered. This promo was primarily designed for online retailers, not wholesalers.

garfoot
Jun 4, '13, 4:51 PM
What a great idea, I was planning on buying both anyway. Is the blue suit version also carded? I plan on putting these into protective cases right away like I do with my Star Wars figures. You announced a possible 15 figures and playsets, and if this is how you are starting off the series, I am down for all 15. Great job on these figures. These will make great Christmas gifts for my retro friends.

ZICA
Jun 4, '13, 5:02 PM
What a great idea, I was planning on buying both anyway. Is the blue suit version also carded? I plan on putting these into protective cases right away like I do with my Star Wars figures. You announced a possible 15 figures and playsets, and if this is how you are starting off the series, I am down for all 15. Great job on these figures. These will make great Christmas gifts for my retro friends.

Actually this figure will come in a sealed plastic bag and placed inside a white mailer box, just like Kenner did with all of their promotional figures. :smile:

garfoot
Jun 4, '13, 5:44 PM
Thanks.

enyawd72
Jun 4, '13, 5:56 PM
Actually this figure will come in a sealed plastic bag and placed inside a white mailer box, just like Kenner did with all of their promotional figures. :smile:

LOVE IT. Craig, you are doing everything so, so right with this line! I will be buying them all.

Remco Monster
Jun 5, '13, 6:34 AM
This is great. I am curious to how it will work for us buying cases though?

MIB41
Jun 5, '13, 7:18 AM
When those links go up, my pre-order will go in. This is too fun!

ZICA
Jun 5, '13, 7:28 AM
This is great. I am curious to how it will work for us buying cases though?

The cases will be evenly packed with the Steve and Bigfoot so how ever many sets are in a case, you'll be able to get that many variant figures. For example, if a case is packed 12 there will be 6 sets, which means you can get 6 variant figures.

Remco Monster
Jun 5, '13, 7:44 AM
Gotcha, thanks!

And AWESOME the exc. will be in a white mailer box.

nazgul
Jun 5, '13, 8:38 AM
These figures are awesome....It's weird, I was just wondering the other day why Kenner never made a 3 3/4 SMDM line...freaky....

haggis
Jun 5, '13, 9:14 AM
Those look great. I will smash the old piggybank for these! :wink_y:

Godzilla
Jun 5, '13, 9:19 AM
Very cool!

ZICA
Jun 5, '13, 9:59 AM
Big Bad Toy Store (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1745&company=1040) is taking preorders! The special promo set will only be available until 07/31/13. After that time retailers will have the choice to charge a higher price for the variant figure. Please support this line!

Hedji
Jun 5, '13, 10:42 AM
Preordered!

Hedji
Jun 5, '13, 10:43 AM
Please support this line!

ABSOLUTELY! We need more product like this.

uchuace
Jun 5, '13, 1:40 PM
Just preordered! The variant blue is such a great way to start off the first set.

ZICA
Jun 5, '13, 1:50 PM
Just preordered! The variant blue is such a great way to start off the first set.

The plan for now is to try and have a variant figure for every set. :smile:

garfoot
Jun 5, '13, 4:18 PM
The plan for now is to try and have a variant figure for every set. :smile:

I like that we get 3 figures per wave. By the way, just preordered them at BBTS. Can't wait. :licklips:

kinostadt
Jun 5, '13, 4:30 PM
I just ordered the pre-order special, plus an extra Bigfoot because I'm going to need to open that one up.

MPM1972
Jun 5, '13, 9:24 PM
Just pre ordered my set!

Rich
Jun 5, '13, 9:55 PM
I will certainly support this great toy line. I will pre order mine now.

vulcan2074
Jun 5, '13, 11:49 PM
Pre-order placed. :beaming1:
Sammy

Corellian Corvette
Jun 6, '13, 12:42 AM
Pre-ordered 2 sets!

Bionicfanboy66
Jun 6, '13, 11:47 AM
Pre-ordered the set. Just have to make sure I have enough $$$ in the checking account to cover the cost when they're ready to ship.

Brown Bear
Jun 6, '13, 11:57 AM
Just preordered two sets and posted pics on my facebook to spread the word.

ZICA
Jun 6, '13, 1:59 PM
Awesome! Thanks everyone for your support and helping to get the word out. I've got a lot of cool ideas for this line and I'd hate to see them not happen. :smile:

enyawd72
Jun 6, '13, 2:26 PM
Pre-ordered two sets! Can't wait!

Nostalgiabuff
Jun 6, '13, 7:00 PM
just ordered my set. when are they expected to arrive?

ZICA
Jun 6, '13, 7:38 PM
just ordered my set. when are they expected to arrive?

Thanks! :) Assuming preorders are where they need to be I'm going to try and have them available by December, maybe a little sooner.

Bantha5
Jun 6, '13, 7:55 PM
Pre ordered last night. There will be carded figures later on, correct? Ryan

ZICA
Jun 6, '13, 8:02 PM
Pre ordered last night. There will be carded figures later on, correct? Ryan

Thanks! :) Steve Austin (red tracksuit) and Bigfoot will each be on a 9" x 6" blister card when the figures are available. The character illustrations for the cardbacks weren't finished yet which is why I haven't shown them. The variant Steve Austin (blue tracksuit) will come in a small white mailer box, similar to what Kenner used for their promotional figures.

ZICA
Jun 6, '13, 8:07 PM
Preorders are now available at Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ZC65002#.UbEuSZx_azk)!

Nostalgiabuff
Jun 6, '13, 8:21 PM
awesome. i posted the links over on the trenches as well, spreading the love

jimsmegos
Jun 6, '13, 8:21 PM
Bravo to you Craig for making the connections and DOING it! Your dedication is inspiring.

ZICA
Jun 6, '13, 8:36 PM
awesome. i posted the links over on the trenches as well, spreading the love

Awesome, thanks! :smile:

Bravo to you Craig for making the connections and DOING it! Your dedication is inspiring.

Thanks Jim! :smile: I'm determined to make sure that this line is a success. :yes:

MIB41
Jun 6, '13, 8:54 PM
Three pack pre-ordered from Entertainment Earth! You've got my support Craig!

ZICA
Jun 6, '13, 9:28 PM
Three pack pre-ordered from Entertainment Earth! You've got my support Craig!

Thanks Tom, and again to everybody else who's preordered so far, thanks BIG TIME! :smile:

Saroyan
Jun 6, '13, 9:31 PM
I posted before that I was a fan of Zica and not necessarily SMDM.

I placed my pre-order for a pair. I have to say, that Bigfoot is too cool- I can't wait to see him lay the smack-down on many a 3' Gi Joe!!

Gorn Captain
Jun 7, '13, 10:41 AM
They look great.
Takes you back to the 70s alright...

ZICA
Jun 7, '13, 1:00 PM
Preorders are now available at Amok Time (http://www.amoktime.com/zicaset.html).

GHVersion12
Jun 7, '13, 3:25 PM
I just placed my pre-order for these and I can't wait to get my hands on them !!

Turnerusia
Jun 11, '13, 10:57 AM
Craig---- this is a great promo idea! I've got mine pre-ordered. Didn't know there's precedent for a blue Steve. Very cool. And now.....can't wait for Oscar!

BlueSnags
Jun 20, '13, 12:51 AM
Preordered a set from BBTS.

-Snags