X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CAZAFANTASMA
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2, 2013

Classic TV Toys RANT

Sorry guys , I don't know if this is the place for this, but I just wanted to blow some steam here. It sucks that I purchased an order from those people, i've purchased from them a couple of times , I live in canada, and shipping is always been super high, on the $25 range, which is high considering I've always ordered a couple of bodies and clothing. Today I got a package from them , and to my surprise, I had to pay an extra $29.44 ON TOP OF THE $25 that i had to pay to those guys! (this has never happened before, maybe he didn't declare the value in the other packages and now he forgot, or he chose a different carrier)

I'm so freaking mad and frustrated that I don't know what to do. The worst part is that those people at CTVT don't even care about their costumers, I've contacted them before and yes they answer quick but its always a one word answer, and when i try to get a little more details they simply don't bother to answer anymore. I dunno, but I will rather buy clothing from here, than giving my money to those guys. I wrote an email to them or him or her, don't really know who runs that business, but we'll see if he cares to answer. He will provably say "Oh yeah ? well **** off and don't purchase from me, see if i care" LOL!

Any ways it feels good to rant and blow some steam hehehe.

Thanks. Peace out.
    My EPIC FOR SALE threat ! http://megomuseum.com/community/show...oys-Real-nice!
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

Sorry that you had a problem with the cost of shipping getting doubled on you for some unknown reason ( that sucks ) but shipping out of the US, even to Canada has been expensive for a long time now. I've seen that in my selling on ebay.

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Not Frick'in 60 Bucks There Bro ...

Shipping to Canada did go up ..., but thats Rediculous ...
      Filling out the Forms ..., and all that Crap got Worse Big Time .... That parts a Chore.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2, 2013

I guess that's why so much ebay sellers opt for loosing business from canada.
        For Canadians, shipping to the US is expensive too , and we do have to fill out forms. For example, a mego resin head, wich is a small and light piece of an item, costs 9 dollars to put on a small envelope , only because it doesn't go through the small slot that some mailboxes have, if it the envelope was thin , it would cost 2 bucks, and that's with no tracking at all. So yeah shipping is always a ***** when purchasing in this hobby.
        :(

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

I am wondering if the customs nailed you on this order? I had that happen to me when I purchased a hand press rivet tool and rivets (two separate orders from alternate vendors). I ended up getting nailed with a charge that cost half of what the order was!

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2, 2013

Yes, that's it... I remembered now that he sent the past items as gift, i guess he forgot to do that this time, and i forgot to remind him....
            Oh well, u live and learn.

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

I always mark boxes to Canada as a gift with a low value.

I've also received packages from Canada marked as a gift. Do Americans ever have to pay customs? I know I haven't.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I'm not sure why you're mad at CTVT for customs charges. That's not something they're responsible for, YOU are. I can tell you that I ship all over the globe, and customs everywhere are really cracking down on customs fraud. Declaring merchandise as a "gift" is false declaration, is illegal, and can result in fines and suspension or even permanent loss of export privileges for a business. Then there's the issue of loss. Say a package worth hundreds of dollars gets lost, but it was only valued and insured for $25 or as a gift and not at all...there goes any chance of recouping your loss. I refuse to do it. It's not my fault where somebody lives. If you wanna buy from me you pay the duties.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

I better remember to request that as well when I do an order through them, which I was going to do fairly soon. Thanks for bring this up, CAZAFANTASMA, I know I would have not thought about it if ordering from them.

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2, 2013

No worries man, just remember to never buy from that guy (enyawd72) lol !

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

I'm surprised by your bad luck. I order from CTVT every now and again and I only ever pay the $25 shipping. No more.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                        ^^^ Not Frick'in 60 Bucks There Bro ...

Shipping to Canada did go up ..., but thats Rediculous ...
                        Filling out the Forms ..., and all that Crap got Worse Big Time .... That parts a Chore.
                        I wasn't suggesting that it isn't rediculous to pay that much just that it might not be CTVT's fault.

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2, 2013

checking on the receipt from canada post and the bill from them , I realized that indeed is not their fault, it was my fault for not telling them to send it as gift and on a lower value which he has done before. So I guess for next time i will have to specify that.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by CAZAFANTASMA
                            No worries man, just remember to never buy from that guy (enyawd72) lol !
                            Ever been through a customs audit? My company has, and it took six months and thousands of dollars in legal and accounting fees to clear up, not to mention the fine, all because some overseas buyers asked us to lie on customs documents to save them money.
                            Another thing to keep in mind is some countries, (I don't know about Canada) are starting to go after the recipients of such packages because trying to skirt the duties is a form of tax evasion in their eyes.
                            It's unfortunate that you may have to pay more, but it really is best to be honest for both parties.

Comment

• Random Axe
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Apr 16, 2008

Dwayne, you're making me feel like a criminal with all this custom stuff. The only thing I've ever shipped overseas, and I used to do quite a bit of it, was CD's. I did a bunch of music swapping many years ago and have shipped to many, many countries. Each time I marked it as gift. Once I heard of a possible customs issue that never really manifested, I started inserting a notecard into the bubble mailer saying happy birthday to "sell" the gift ruse. I used to review for a few websites so I also got a bunch of promos/demos/CD's from worldwide and never had a problem at all.

I never sold anything, just traded so I don't feel too awfully bad.
                              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎