X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Pics of new Barbie DC Super Heroine dolls

Cindy saw these yesterday, but it was a preview for Barbie Club members only, so I had to wait until now to share. Pretty frickin' sweet. These make the majority of the Tonner dolls look like poo, and they are a 6th of the price of some of those.

Check out the top row of thumbnails. Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, and Black Canary:
    http://www.barbiecollector.com/news/...l2008line.aspx

Chris
    Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Feb 16, '08, 8:17 PM. Reason: Better description
    sigpic
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Wow those look great,that batgirl looks awesome and the Supergirl looks hot!!
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

These are targeted more at collectors than the last series of playline dolls. According to the info Cindy got yesterday, they should retail for $35 a piece and the release dates are as follows:
      Batgirl - July
      Supergirl - August
      Black Canary - September
      Wonder Woman - October.

Batgirl looks to be based on Alex Ross' interpretation. Works for me. Supergirl and Black Canary are dead-on the current comic looks, and Wonder Woman's costume is actually an improvement over the original collector's WW doll from years ago. They aren't all going to be produced in the same numbers, and Supergirl looks to be the toughest, but they should be easy enough to find.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

They look awesome!

Chris, what's the difference between Pink, Silver and Black Label? Are they different tiered prices? Or does that mean availability?
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Hooooooooly Mother those are sweet looking can't breath there's a Black Canary!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hotfoot
            Dazed and Confused
            • Dec 30, 2007

Barbie in Black Leather and fish nets? Looks great but deffinately not aimed at kids.

How about Barbie as CHER?
            http://www.barbiecollector.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=K79033a%2f%2fbarbiec.richfx.com.e dgesuite.net%2fcatalog%2fmedia%2fspringpreview08%2 f&RFX_CatalogViewerBase=http%3a%2f%2fbarbiec.richf x.com.edgesuite.net%2fcatalog%2fmedia%2fspringprev iew08%2fviewers%2fbase%2f&RFX_CatalogSettingsBase= http%3a%2f%2fbarbiec.richfx.com.edgesuite.net%2fca talog%2fsettings%2fintegrations%2fleft%2f&RFX_Cata logSettingsPath=&rfx_spread=16&rfx_gid=1114114&rfx _pageid=16&rfx_passback=&rfx_catalog_base=http%3a% 2f%2fwww.barbiecollector.com%2fshop%2fcatalog.aspx %3f&rfx_omni=1&rfx_OmniPageName=p16-17&rfx_OmniCatalogName=springpreview08&rfx_OmniCli entID=barbiec
            Last edited by Hotfoot; Feb 16, '08, 9:22 PM.
            Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

They Have a More "Sassy" look to them. A bit more Grown up, than the My Scene figures. They Look Great. With the Popularity of HawkGirl these days,.. I am a bit dissapointed on the rehash of the some old character that were offered before, even with the "New Look". Black Canary looks Great.. Perhaps if these do well, we could see a HawkGirl.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

Yeah a Hawk Girl would've been pretty cool..... with a removable mask I like the JLU 10 version

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

I kinda figured a Black Canary was coming when Mattel released the barbie Top Model doll which looked like the Black Canary.....

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Barbie in Black Leather and fish nets? Looks great but deffinately not aimed at kids.
                    As someone with a Barbie collecting wife, I gotta say Black Canary is pretty tame compared to some of the collector dolls, particularly the "Silkstone" line which is a high-end line that uses the original Barbie mold, and features dolls in pretty skimpy lingerie. They are never..."skanky" like Bratz, but they are definitely not Malibu Baribe either.

Chris, what's the difference between Pink, Silver and Black Label? Are they different tiered prices? Or does that mean availability?
                    According to Cindy:
                    Pink Label= avaliable everywhere, open-numbered edition
                    Silver = available everywhere, but less than 25,000 produced
                    Black = available at toy retailers (TRU, KB, etc.), Barbie dealers, not retail stores (Wal-Mart, Target) Similar number to Silver edition, or less.

There is also Gold and Platinum label levels, but those don't apply to these DC dolls.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

MUCH better than the last series. I'm totally getting that Wondy.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

I don't think the Brat Dolls are "Skanky" Chris..., Perhaps a little More "Risk-A".. They have big heads,.. with big lips. In which "Big Lips" are the new thing. It's not like they are running around with Huge Breasts, in Hooker Outfits.... I buy alot of these for my 3 Nieces,.. I read somewhere that ever since thier release, they have constantly out sold Barbie on every level. With all the crazyness in the World today, I would surley think that if they were deemed this "Skanky" tittle, they would have been pulled from the shelves long ago.

Everyone has thier Opionion,.. I was just offering my 2 cents.
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Sorry BK, didn't mean to offend. "Skanky" may have been too strong a word, but I feel the Bratz are a little..over sexed for a line aimed at girls. Those Lil' Bratz (pre-teen characters) in bustiers and lip stick make me think of Jon Bennet Ramsey. It's just kind of wrong. If I remember right, there was a small rumble about parents disliking the Bratz when they first came out. They seem to have been tamed down a little more now overall.

I guess my household is pro-Barbie, so maybe that skews my perception of them as well.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

My daughters were into Barbie but slowly transitioned into the Bratz line....but now they're just phasing out of playing with the dolls altogether and are more into the Webkinz craze.
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jemboy2004
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 14, 2005

These are really nice. I just seen them yesterday on the CA list. I will be getting these for sure. I agree these are better than tonner and for about the 30% of the price too, you can't go wrong if you love supergals.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎