PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Mego-likes that you would like to see reproduced?

Figuremod73
May 28, '13, 4:07 PM
Today I was thinking of different 8'' toylines that werent made specifically by Mego but are still pretty cool. I began wondering what would be cool to see reproduced that nobodies done yet.

Is it possible to reproduced a line like Famous Monsters of Legend, Lincoln Monsters, or even the Action Apeman? The originals arent cheap but I'm sure theres plenty of people who would still like them.

I'm not really sure how it works on rights but they seem generic enough and I dont think the companies are around anymore? Figures Inc has done pretty good listening to fans so far. What do you think?

garfoot
May 28, '13, 6:23 PM
I have always wanted to see STAR WARS in Mego form. They passed on it all those years ago, and I have always wondered what they might look like? Talk about a license that would not be cheap to obtain!!!!

garfoot
May 28, '13, 6:26 PM
Oh yeah, and I would also like to see Back to the Future in Mego form. It has never had an action figure line to represent the trilogy, so why not start now?

Mego-Amigo
May 28, '13, 8:05 PM
I would love to see a company like BBP, EMCE, Figures or Zica reproduce the AHI Monsters and the Action Apeman lines. I would also love to see one of these companies reproduce the R. Dakin Company Hanna Barbera and Loony Toons characters from the 60s and 70s. Excel's Legends of the West would be nice too. And as unlikely as it would be I would love to see repros of the original Japanese mid size Kamen Rider vinyl figures from the 70s. These are ridiculously expensive and hard to find.

Random Axe
May 28, '13, 8:19 PM
I would like to see LIon Rock soldiers brought back and maybe updated with today's military mixed in cases with WW2.

ovenmitt
May 28, '13, 8:25 PM
I want Mego Star Wars 8" figures, too!, they would have been great in 1978 and Mego could still be around today if it got the license!

Sideshow took over 12" Star Wars from Hasbro in 2005, maybe Disney would license 8" scale to Figures and Marvel!

I never considered AHI Universal Monsters 8" figures reissues, but I'd love em, my 1st monster figures Halloween 1976 when I was 6! How about the 1980s Remco 9" and 4" Universal Monsters figures, too?! Glow in dark!

monitor_ep
May 28, '13, 9:57 PM
I would love to see Alien Nation tv series done in Megos. This way I could do the crossover of Ape-Nation.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18lopqhhdvchtjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

I would also love to see AVP megos!

Figuremod73
May 29, '13, 6:44 AM
Who currently has Action Jackson?

The Lion Rock soldiers would be awesome. I like the idea of a small generic line. Star Wars should have been done along time ago but I imagine the rights to that wouldnt be cheap. They may need to stay away from expensive licensed properties for a little while ;)

MIB41
May 29, '13, 7:32 AM
Great question. I think as far as a figure line that was already in Mego form, like LJN or AHI, I believe the most profitable licenses have been redone like the Universal Monsters. But the ones I always had as a kid, like SWAT, the rookies, and Emergency will probably never see the light of day again in a new Mego body. Not officially anyway. And that's not to say I wouldn't love to see them. But their limited popularity makes them cost prohibitive for a new line. One exception might be Lost in Space. Trend Masters did a limited run of Mego-like figures years ago, minus John Robinson. I think it would be a blast to see these made properly.

Brown Bear
May 29, '13, 11:02 AM
Gabriel's Lone Ranger 9 inch guys seem like an obvious choice.

Earth 2 Chris
May 29, '13, 12:06 PM
^Oh Lord yes. I can't believe The Lone Ranger hasn't been snapped up by some company at this point. Such an untapped market, and the time couldn't be better for figures...

Chris

Werewolf
May 29, '13, 12:42 PM
All the Super Joe figures including Terron and Gor.

galaxyexplorer42
May 29, '13, 1:47 PM
Tomland Star Raiders, Tomland Monsters and Lincoln Monsters should all be reproduced, in my opinion.....

Figuremod73
May 29, '13, 2:01 PM
Although it would have to be done by Hasbro, I'm suprised this hasnt been looked into even if there just an limited edition. I havent even seen one of these in person yet but they look so darn cool.

The Lone Ranger (movie and classic version) really needs a release. I like the originals alot.

monitor_ep
May 29, '13, 2:07 PM
I am surprised that CTVT hasn't grabbed the rights. They would fit in with there Western Remegos if they did them in the 8 Inch style.

thunderbolt
May 29, '13, 2:26 PM
Mr. ROCK!!!

PNGwynne
May 29, '13, 4:50 PM
^Oh Lord yes. I can't believe The Lone Ranger hasn't been snapped up by some company at this point. Such an untapped market, and the time couldn't be better for figures...

Chris

But wouldn't Disney be controlling it now? And I recall reading in a previous thread that the LR license is expensive.

monitor_ep
May 29, '13, 7:44 PM
I sometimes wonder if the Mego craze is back, how much longer till the bootlegs start to pop back up?

drquest
May 29, '13, 7:48 PM
This Lone Ranger is available in the Disney Stores, it's suppose to be 1/6 scale, but looks smaller.

http://cdn.s7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/6172037920005-1?$yetidetail$

monitor_ep
May 29, '13, 8:07 PM
That horse does not fit with that figure.

Figuremod73
May 29, '13, 8:10 PM
I like him but I think I still like the original much better. Didnt know they made a figure of that type.

VintageMike
May 29, '13, 8:56 PM
Just to see a line extension I'd like to see the '12 James Bond line done in 8" scale.

torgospizza
May 29, '13, 9:31 PM
This Lone Ranger is available in the Disney Stores, it's suppose to be 1/6 scale, but looks smaller.

Although I haven't heard a peep, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hot Toys make a set of 1/6 Lone Ranger figures, considering their abiding love for Johnny Depp.

I'd like to see factory repro heads for Emergency and SWAT figures, if they'll never make the full figures. I'd also like to see a factory repro Martin Landau head. They could just call it "The Commander" or something.

Bionicfanboy66
May 30, '13, 5:41 AM
LJN's S.W.A.T., The Rookies, & Emergency would be great. Oh yeah, and Logan's Run, too. IIRC, Mego had gotten the license for 8" scale Logan's Run figures, but a fire had destroyed the prototypes of the figures and they decided to cancel the line shortly after.

drogge
May 30, '13, 7:01 AM
Remake the Tomland figures!

jwyblejr
May 30, '13, 1:13 PM
I wonder if they still have the rights to the Stooges? Put them on these newer bodies of theirs.

monitor_ep
May 30, '13, 1:24 PM
Oh man I remember the Tomland Yeti:
http://megolike.com/images/tomland/fmol/yeti.jpg

I do not remember if we had more but I did have the yeti in my collection. Alas it was thrown away years ago.

monitor_ep
May 30, '13, 1:27 PM
Oh man I remember the Tomland Yeti
http://megolike.com/images/tomland/fmol/yeti.jpg
I do not remember if we had more but I did have the yeti in my collection. Alas it was thrown away years ago.

drogge
May 30, '13, 2:42 PM
I remember how cheaply the Tomland figures were made, they were totally disposible. But I sure wish I still had them....

Figuremod73
May 30, '13, 4:59 PM
I've heard they arent up to par with a Mego in quality. Many of them probably didnt last long with continuous play. They would probably be a hit if they were reproduced.

I would like to see those Space figures redone as well.

tllgn
May 30, '13, 6:29 PM
i would like to see isis redone,and a joanna cameron isis done,and since it doesnt look as if Emce will redo the rest
of the planet of the apes ,perhaps figures should ,and add new figures .and also wizard of oz figures,perhaps figures
could do some of the figures shown in that reimagined mego catalog.but by all means MARVEL,i always wanted a real
mego daredevil figure.

JediJaida
May 30, '13, 7:17 PM
That horse does not fit with that figure.

Well, for one thing, the horse is definitely too small to be 1:6 scale. It looks more like a pony!

Very nice figure though.

bgiles73
May 31, '13, 9:51 AM
I always forget about that Alien Nation Series, but I'd love Mego type figures for it! I wish they would do 8" lines for Magnum PI and the A-Team too!

Bionicfanboy66
May 31, '13, 4:13 PM
8" M*A*S*H figures would be cool, too. I've said this before, I'd also like to see Mego style figures of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly/Serenity as well.

Spyweb007
May 31, '13, 4:33 PM
Ninja's. You can always use some ninja's.

Figuremod73
May 31, '13, 6:24 PM
Ninja's. You can always use some ninja's.
These are the type of things I think would be neat to see reproduced. Best part is theres no overhead on the licenses.

http://www.megolike.com/talbot.htm

GlobalObserver
May 31, '13, 7:24 PM
Shindana Slade!

http://www.toplessrobot.com/slade.jpg

DocDrako
Jun 9, '13, 7:01 AM
So many awesome ideas in this thread!

GOOD, GOOD!
(evil voice)

Space guys! Monsters! Cowboys! Slade! Ninjas! M*A*S*H! SWAT! Rookies! Kojak! Emergency! Yes! More! MORE! I may explode if this ReMego awesomeness continues. But then, I've always wanted to explode. (Not violently, but like, turning into energy like that Powder dude, you know what I mean? I think you do.)

(this post guaranteed 100% sarcasm-free! I love ReMegos!)

monitor_ep
Jun 9, '13, 11:26 AM
Since CTVT had the rights to do Happy Days, why didn't they do the spin-offs. Laverne & Shirley, Blansky's Beauties, Mork & Mindy, Out of the Blue, and Joanie Loves Chachi could have expanded the cast of figures. I would have loved to get a Mork in 8" style.

http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/6614842/il_570xN.306084180.jpg

tmthor
Jun 10, '13, 5:36 PM

I would buy those in a heart beat

tmthor
Jun 10, '13, 5:38 PM
Tomland Star Raiders, Tomland Monsters and Lincoln Monsters should all be reproduced, in my opinion.....

I want tomland

Figuremod73
Jun 10, '13, 6:05 PM
^ Hopefully someone will ask them about this on their facebook page at some point ;)

tllgn
Jun 11, '13, 10:29 PM
yeah ,again mr rock and the action apemen ,

sauce
Jun 11, '13, 10:41 PM
Next thing you know, we're cloning beef!

When does it end!!?

Bionicfanboy66
Jun 14, '13, 2:21 AM
The Monkees and Spinal Tap. Take it to 11. Oh yeah, and those kids from Liverpool. I think they were called The Beatles.

hobub
Jun 16, '13, 2:57 PM
How about Gunsmoke or Bonanza? Vintage Character actors (western of course)...John Wayne, Jimmy Stuart, Clint Eastwood, Joel McRae, Randolf Scott, Gene Autry, Lee VanCleef. You get the picture. Mego came in just as Westerns heyday was ending.

Especially Gunsmoke, it's had a re-surge of popularity on encore Westerns as have several other similar shows. I'd love to have a Mego Festus figure. That would be too cool.

As a side note,

I think Mego did a pretty good likeness of Cochise based on the motion picture "Broken Arrow"