Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any Mego-likes that you would like to see reproduced?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

Are there any Mego-likes that you would like to see reproduced?

Today I was thinking of different 8'' toylines that werent made specifically by Mego but are still pretty cool. I began wondering what would be cool to see reproduced that nobodies done yet.

Is it possible to reproduced a line like Famous Monsters of Legend, Lincoln Monsters, or even the Action Apeman? The originals arent cheap but I'm sure theres plenty of people who would still like them.

I'm not really sure how it works on rights but they seem generic enough and I dont think the companies are around anymore? Figures Inc has done pretty good listening to fans so far. What do you think?
  • garfoot
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 28, 2012

I have always wanted to see STAR WARS in Mego form. They passed on it all those years ago, and I have always wondered what they might look like? Talk about a license that would not be cheap to obtain!!!!

Comment

• garfoot
      Museum Patron
      • Aug 28, 2012

Oh yeah, and I would also like to see Back to the Future in Mego form. It has never had an action figure line to represent the trilogy, so why not start now?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

I would love to see a company like BBP, EMCE, Figures or Zica reproduce the AHI Monsters and the Action Apeman lines. I would also love to see one of these companies reproduce the R. Dakin Company Hanna Barbera and Loony Toons characters from the 60s and 70s. Excel's Legends of the West would be nice too. And as unlikely as it would be I would love to see repros of the original Japanese mid size Kamen Rider vinyl figures from the 70s. These are ridiculously expensive and hard to find.

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

I would like to see LIon Rock soldiers brought back and maybe updated with today's military mixed in cases with WW2.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I want Mego Star Wars 8" figures, too!, they would have been great in 1978 and Mego could still be around today if it got the license!

Sideshow took over 12" Star Wars from Hasbro in 2005, maybe Disney would license 8" scale to Figures and Marvel!

I never considered AHI Universal Monsters 8" figures reissues, but I'd love em, my 1st monster figures Halloween 1976 when I was 6! How about the 1980s Remco 9" and 4" Universal Monsters figures, too?! Glow in dark!

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I would love to see Alien Nation tv series done in Megos. This way I could do the crossover of Ape-Nation.

I would also love to see AVP megos!
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

Who currently has Action Jackson?

The Lion Rock soldiers would be awesome. I like the idea of a small generic line. Star Wars should have been done along time ago but I imagine the rights to that wouldnt be cheap. They may need to stay away from expensive licensed properties for a little while
                Last edited by Figuremod73; May 29, '13, 6:53 AM.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Great question. I think as far as a figure line that was already in Mego form, like LJN or AHI, I believe the most profitable licenses have been redone like the Universal Monsters. But the ones I always had as a kid, like SWAT, the rookies, and Emergency will probably never see the light of day again in a new Mego body. Not officially anyway. And that's not to say I wouldn't love to see them. But their limited popularity makes them cost prohibitive for a new line. One exception might be Lost in Space. Trend Masters did a limited run of Mego-like figures years ago, minus John Robinson. I think it would be a blast to see these made properly.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Gabriel's Lone Ranger 9 inch guys seem like an obvious choice.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh Lord yes. I can't believe The Lone Ranger hasn't been snapped up by some company at this point. Such an untapped market, and the time couldn't be better for figures...

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

All the Super Joe figures including Terron and Gor.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                          Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                          • Mar 3, 2010

Tomland Star Raiders, Tomland Monsters and Lincoln Monsters should all be reproduced, in my opinion.....
                          Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Figuremod73
                            That 80's guy
                            • Jul 27, 2011

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            All the Super Joe figures including Terron and Gor.
                            Although it would have to be done by Hasbro, I'm suprised this hasnt been looked into even if there just an limited edition. I havent even seen one of these in person yet but they look so darn cool.

The Lone Ranger (movie and classic version) really needs a release. I like the originals alot.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Lone Ranger

I am surprised that CTVT hasn't grabbed the rights. They would fit in with there Western Remegos if they did them in the 8 Inch style.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎