X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Original Kiss Repro Line

So all this new KISS stuff is great. Only thing I only managed to get Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley as the actual reproduction meaning the 12" from the first wave. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Also, why aren't the action figures given the band member names I seem to not recall that in the 70s but I was a kid. So does anyone know where to secure a repro 12" ace and peter? Seems as scarce
    as the originals if not more so!
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

My guess on the names is so Ace and Peter don't make any $ on these.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• ZebMayonaise
      • Nov 6, 2012

Yes, the originals were referred to as their first names, not "spaceman" etc.... Boss is correct but I don't actually think its just because of money, perhaps some but I know Ace still owns his makeup design and gets a percentage of all product using it. Peter sold his rights years ago. I think that they started using the titles as a way to brand the characters in case people got replaced, as they have.
      It's a strange and cumbersome move in my opinion.

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

It's all about $$$. KISS recently rerecorded all of their hits with Eric and Tommy. If you listen closely to sporting events or the rare TV commercial with KISS music... it's the new versions. Guess who doesn't get paid when that happens.
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• zeedox
          Career Member
          • Aug 10, 2007

That explains the names but...

How come it's not possible to complete a repro set of the 70s figures?
          Does that mean theyll be more figures coming soon without a chance to get?
          Honestly I live on a budjet by the time I got the first two the other two were
          gone. And whatever we enjoy about the 8" line, its that first series of 12" figures
          that really recapture the coolness.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by zeedox
            How come it's not possible to complete a repro set of the 70s figures?
            Does that mean theyll be more figures coming soon without a chance to get?
            Honestly I live on a budjet by the time I got the first two the other two were
            gone. And whatever we enjoy about the 8" line, its that first series of 12" figures
            that really recapture the coolness.
            In all honesty, I was never sold on the idea of 12 inch KISS figures selling past that initial line. Why? Because it was all tied to the nostalgia of what Mego made. I also openingly speculated if making two scales was a wise move because the consumer would most likely be forced to choose. If we are to examine stock availability as a sign this was indeed the case, it's a safe bet people voted with nostalgia and picked up the 12 inch line. Hence the reason why out of ALL of the 12 inch KISS figures released, the first series are the only ones that sold. That nostalgia ride saw a big push for those 12 inch figures in series one, which is probably why FTC got greedy and asked for more money with subsequent 12 inch KISS releases. Unfortunately the nostalgia ride ended with series one and those stock shelves are warm with unsold product after series one. FTC should have just sold different costume sets and held on to the base figures which is what you seek. Unfortunately they didn't. So you might have to hunt a little bit to find Ace and Peter. Especially since Gene and Paul can't seem to erase their relevance to the band's history. I did a quick check on the auction sites and found these two items that might interest you...

Here's one for Retro Peter asking $99.99 but also accepting offers. Throw one out there.

Here's one for Ace. A little higher, but he's accepting offers too. It can't hurt to make an offer.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

• pmjlghrs
              • Oct 28, 2010

HOWEVER,

I think if they made several Beatles waves with the '64 suits, Shea stadium suits, Sgt Pepper uniforms, Hey Jude/Revolution, Yellow Submarine outfits, Get Back/Let It Be sessions/ and Abbey Road looks, they could clean up.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎