• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Hampton Inn Vs. Super 8

Hey fellas,
    I was absent last year so what's with the new digs? Is everyone staying at the Hampton Inn? Or is it split? Why? is HI better? is S8 cheaper? what's the deal... I gotta book a room!

Dave
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

HI is more upscale and if memory serves a couple of members who have stayed there gave it positive reviews. HI is more expensive, but from what I gather the majority of us are staying there and that's where the Mego Suite will be. S8 is still cheaper but I think only a few will be there and Hoss's is gone.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

A number of members were treated poorly by the super 8 so the H I was accommodating, it has a pool, sweet and is still close to the T&T Museum, but is a bit more expensive. There are people booked at the super 8 it is more affordable for thoes looking to budget a bit more and that will keep the races going.

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

Super8 kept raising prices and quality went down big time.
        Some members had trouble with reservations after arriving. I thought someone ended up sharing a room or something.
        Lots of construction in the area so the rooms were in demand...if we didn't stay there, it's no sweat off their arse because they'll still rent the rooms.
        Being that secure, their attitude reflected it
        I wanna say they have Chris DMV a hard time when we asked them about our 2013 reservations and that was the straw that broke the camels back.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎