• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smonte00
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 19, 2005

Advice on a custom Billy Batson

Hi guys,
    I just got my son some dc retro figures. One of them was captain marvel and he asked me if they made the boy that turns into him. That got me thinking about what the recipe would be for a custom billy batson. Maybe you start with a lion rock body or something. My guess is someone has already made one here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

try finding a Bobby Brady and then just make him the red sweater and SHAZAM!!
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

A 7" body, plus a doctored Aqualad head would work. Find a resin repro, maybe sculpt the hair a bit different.... although I'm thinkin' just a paint job would o.

Don C.

Comment

• megowgsh
        Customego HoF Curator
        • Nov 19, 2003

here is mine doing what ctc said to do

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Mego Magyar
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 17, 2011

I couldn't find a Lion Rock so I went with the smaller CTVT Bud Bundy body. I bought the "Boy Outfit with Green sweatshirt & jeans 6 inch Body" so I got the jeans and shoes and I used a Peter Parker sweater from Doc. I also used an Aqualad head.

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

If it is for your son and he intends to play with it I would go with a lionrock body. I'm at work and can't post pics at the moment -
            But for mine I used a resin aqualad head (pretty much like everyone else did)

But I used an original little raschels body for mine. To make him look more like a kid than a teen
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• smonte00
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 19, 2005

Thanks for the help. I like the idea of a bud bundy body. I'm pretty sure I have one. But I think I would like to use a soft head. Would one of the little rascals do? Maybe one of the Brady kids? Great customs by the way. Real nice.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Maybe a Peter Brady on a TT/Lion Rock body?
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 17, 2011

I don't know about the Brady heads but the Bud Bundy head was HUGE and something that size would never work. Many of the CTVT heads are oversized.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                    Year Five!!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by smonte00
                    Thanks for the help. I like the idea of a bud bundy body. I'm pretty sure I have one. But I think I would like to use a soft head. Would one of the little rascals do? Maybe one of the Brady kids? Great customs by the way. Real nice.
                    A LR head would work fine.
                    If you use a LR or a doc mego kid body - you could also use the peter parker red shirt he sells
                    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎