X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

ORKO

This is my custom Orko figure. At first glance he seems quite unimpressive being that the Mattel line pretty much did everything there was to do with this character back in the 80's but as you scroll down you may notice that he's life-sized. 4 feet tall to be exact. Orko fits right in with the life-sized Robo-Force robot I made two years ago and the life size R2-D2 toy box I restored last summer. All these life-size props take up lots of room so I'm not exactly sure what I'm gonna do with this guy other than store him away till Halloween or something. Maybe I can sell him to a comic shop or something cause he's be perfect in a setting like that so if any of you store owners decide what's been missing in your shop is a 4 foot Orko, hit me up. Anyway the pieces kind of fell into my lap and you know the old saying, "When life hands you color correct fabric to a 30 year old cartoon character, may as well go on and make a real life version of said cartoon character.", or something like that. Now I just gotta get to work on my 7 ft. Han in Carbonize but seriously I think I may have a problem.....

Last edited by spacecaps; May 20, '13, 5:52 PM.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

That is freaking awesome
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

Looks just like Orko. Very cool.

I gotta ask though...whats underneath?

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

I bought a child sized mannequin at a flea market (got a lot of strange looks walking around with a headless fiberglass child sized body...not one of my proudest moments) and one of those cosmetic practice heads for the head at another table at the same flea market on the same day, so kismet I guess. The arms are those floating pool noodles you can get at the dollar store and the gloves are child sized felt gloves. The hat is a straw gardners hat thats been covered in fabric with the ears sewn on and the head is just black fabric with two eyes made out of yellow felt. The first thing my son did when he saw this was walk up to it and punch it in the face which admittedly is something I've wanted to do for 30 years now.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Wouldn't want to wake up to that in the corner of my room.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

That is awesome, and I love your son's reaction. Somebody missed the boat on licensing Orko pinatas in the 80s.

Comment

• mikeoz
              Mego Maker
              • Mar 9, 2007

Definitely cool! Plus, now your son has a punching bag.
              Looking for:
              Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                Wouldn't want to wake up to that in the corner of my room.
                He is awfully cool, but no lie... those eyes, watching you sleep... that would creep me out. lol

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎