PDA

View Full Version : Series 2 Batman Retro for preorder

garfoot
May 17, '13, 12:07 PM
I noticed on BBTS today that series 2 of the Batman Retro figures were on Presale.

Figures Toy Company presents the second series in their new line of "World's Greatest Heroes!" featuring classic Batman characters! Each new 8-inch action figure is an exact replica of its original '70s counterpart, right down to the cloth clothing and retro-styling. With 16 points of articulation, you can pose them in any heroic position! Choose from: Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, the Penguin, or Catwoman. Each figure comes in a reusable plastic protective case with full-color backing card.

jwyblejr
May 17, '13, 12:47 PM
Nothing on their Facebook page or web site yet.

pmwasson
May 17, '13, 12:52 PM
Hmm. So for wave 3, there are 3 figures left on the carrying case: RC Batman, RM Robin and Batgirl. I wonder if they will put in a new character in the fourth slot of the third wave?

EMCE Hammer
May 17, '13, 12:54 PM
Their dates aren't correct. Wave 1 might be here by August, pending approvals.

garfoot
May 17, '13, 1:08 PM
Hmm. So for wave 3, there are 3 figures left on the carrying case: RC Batman, RM Robin and Batgirl. I wonder if they will put in a new character in the fourth slot of the third wave?

Yeah, I wonder if a certain flying man with an "S" on his shirt could sneak in? Or perhaps a brand new Batman figure never made? I think BBTS dates are a bit mixed up. It should state August for series 1, and maybe we get series 2 in September?

garfoot
May 17, '13, 1:09 PM
Their dates aren't correct. Wave 1 might be here by August, pending approvals.

I order from them all the time and they always seem to be a month or so off from actual release dates.

ovenmitt
May 17, '13, 1:19 PM
Would be cool if Figures releases a DC Comics 8" series every month! Like DC Direct used to with its 6" DC figures!

garfoot
May 17, '13, 2:01 PM
Would be cool if Figures releases a DC Comics 8" series every month! Like DC Direct used to with its 6" DC figures!

That would be both exciting and expensive. I would have to alter my toy spending allowance, but I would love 48 8" figures a year!!

Bronxboykev
May 17, '13, 3:02 PM
Only thing I can think of is that they went to FTC with a big enough order and asked for the release of the next 4 figures so in return they could advertise the next wave of a pre order to get a jump on everyone else and make a few extra bucks.

megomania
May 17, '13, 5:13 PM
Prices are higher than the Figures website on both individuals and group....$5 on the set of four. I'll wait to pre-order until they hit the Figures site. Thanks for the heads-up though!

-Chris

GlobalObserver
May 17, '13, 9:45 PM
I was hoping that Batgirl would be in the 2nd wave.

I never cared for the secret identity or Catwoman figures.

A really strong first wave, followed by a really weak 2nd wave.

I just hope this line isn't canceled before we get Batgirl.

huedell
May 17, '13, 10:08 PM
I was hoping that Batgirl would be in the 2nd wave.

I never cared for the secret identity or Catwoman figures.

A really strong first wave, followed by a really weak 2nd wave.

I just hope this line isn't canceled before we get Batgirl.

"Really weak" doesn't seem a fair assessment. I mean, I kinda agree with you on a personal level (cause, like you, I woulda picked other characters),
but on a business level, Figures is finishing up the big 4 villains as well as providing official releases for toys that, if they were real, would go for a pretty penny.
It's like when EMCE released the Romulan... cooler figure, yeah, but same idea as far as scarcity.

huedell
May 17, '13, 10:10 PM
That would be both exciting and expensive. I would have to alter my toy spending allowance, but I would love 48 8" figures a year!!

Yeah, if Figures did this with WGSH, or Hasbro with their SW Black Series, I'd go broke. Happily broke, but who knows HOW happy? ;)

garfoot
May 17, '13, 11:44 PM
Yeah, if Figures did this with WGSH, or Hasbro with their SW Black Series, I'd go broke. Happily broke, but who knows HOW happy? ;)

Figures is already preselling Kiss series 5 in a little over a years time, so maybe that's about what to expect for DC. I think maybe every 2 months or so would be good. 24 a year would fit into my budget. Ditto on SW Black Series, looks good!!:yeah:

Bionicfanboy66
May 18, '13, 2:29 AM
Yeah, I wonder if a certain flying man with an "S" on his shirt could sneak in? Or perhaps a brand new Batman figure never made? I think BBTS dates are a bit mixed up. It should state August for series 1, and maybe we get series 2 in September?

Or a certain amazon babe with a magic lasso who flies around in an invisible plane?

ukaking
May 18, '13, 6:35 AM
Just another heads up, just like in the Six Million Dollar Man thread, my store is preordering these for cheaper than the others. Help the little guy! $95.00 for the set or $24.99 separate! Don't make me come dropkick you guys over to the savings!!

theressa
May 18, '13, 9:38 AM

drogge
May 18, '13, 11:03 AM
So we are going to get 3 Robins and 3 Batmans, in the first 3 waves. I bit overkill if you ask me. I had the alter ego figures when I was a kid, and the removable masks and cowel, they were not that exciting. I am salivating over new characters, something I have never seen. Its going to be several waves out if Figures does all the Repro's first. I am just hoping they manage to produce some new offerings in the mix. By the way I applaud Figures for getting these to the market so fast. That is the key to success, keep the collectors buying. Produce, stock and sell, get your costs out of the way as soon as possible. Take advantage of the production line, get the most out of the manufacturing process. EMCE had to deal with Mattel, while Figures is calling their own shots - Bravo!

monitor_ep
May 18, '13, 3:06 PM
What I want to know is wave three should have:

Batgirl
Removable Cowl Batman
Removable Mask Robin

Who would be the fourth, a new figure? Is so who could it be:

Posion Ivy
Scarecrow
Mr. Freeze
Two-Face
Harley Quinn

garfoot
May 18, '13, 6:56 PM
They did say in the interview that they wanted to get the new figures into the rotation asap, so I think they will throw in a new Batman character to finish out the first 3 waves with strictly Batman related characters. Perhaps wave 4 could begin a Superman wave of characters. Then wave 5 could be all 4 of the Teen Titans. Yeah I wish. I am getting ahead of myself. Let's just see what character #4 in wave 3 is first.

By the way, this is so awesome that we have this problem of guessing what Mego character is next. If you told me this a year ago I would have been, "yeah right".:smiley1:

ovenmitt
May 18, '13, 7:59 PM
Since 2013 is Superman's 75th I hope Wave 5 is a Superman wave with reissues of Mego 8" Superman, Clark Kent, Supergirl, and Mxyzptlk!

Isn't this fun, a few weeks ago we had Batman characters and now we have the entire DC Universe!

I want Teen Titans reissues and new by 2014 Titans 50th!

ovenmitt
May 18, '13, 8:00 PM
Oops I meant wave 4 for Superman!

madmarva
May 18, '13, 10:30 PM
Maybe Barbara Gordon will be the 4th character in Wave 4, but I'd rather have a new villain or Jim Gordon

monitor_ep
May 18, '13, 11:15 PM
I would love to get Scarecrow. This would help in getting the Legion of Doom near completed.

Luthor (Mattel)
Bizarro
Brainaic
Riddler (Mego)
Scarecrow
Riddler (Mego)
Grodd
Captain Cold (Mattel)
Cheetah (Mattel)
Giganta
Sinestro (Mattel)
Solomon Grundy
Toyman
Black Manta (Mattel)

drogge
May 19, '13, 6:49 AM
If we get The Atom, Hawkman, Plastic Man, Elongagated Man, and Black Canary the 70's Justice Leauge will truly be complete. You can throw in a Firestorm, as well.

drogge
May 19, '13, 6:49 AM
I forgot Dr Fate and Dr Midnight, sorry.

drogge
May 19, '13, 6:50 AM
I forgot Dr Fate and Dr Midnight, sorry.

hedrap
May 19, '13, 9:34 AM
Just finish the Superfriends and LOD, first, before moving into the larger DCU.

Bizarro is a breeze for a Superman wave. As is Brainiac.

If you're going to call it retro, then give me Apache Chief, Samurai and Black Vulcan.

drogge
May 19, '13, 10:53 AM
Let's do a Deadman and Adam Strange, as well. It you really want to make me happy, Metal Men!

monitor_ep
May 19, '13, 3:43 PM
Out of the Super Friends we need:

Batman (FTC/Mego)
Robin (FTC/Mego)
Superman (FTC/Mego/Mattel)
Aquaman (Mego/Mattel)
Wonder Woman (Mego/Mattel)
Green Lantern (Mattel)
Green Arrow (Mego/Mattel)
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Flash (Mattel)
Atom
Rima
El Dorado
Samarui
Black Vulcan
Apache Chief
Plastic Man

monitor_ep
May 19, '13, 7:46 PM
Since 2013 is Superman's 75th I hope Wave 5 is a Superman wave with reissues of Mego 8" Superman, Clark Kent, Supergirl, and Mxyzptlk!

Isn't this fun, a few weeks ago we had Batman characters and now we have the entire DC Universe!

I want Teen Titans reissues and new by 2014 Titans 50th!

I would love to get the Superman wave. I would also like to get the mego version on Zod and Jor-El in 8" form.

http://www.megomuseum.com/wgsh/12/images/12jorel.jpg

http://www.megomuseum.com/wgsh/12/images/12zod.jpg

thunderbolt
May 20, '13, 3:44 AM
It would be great to get those in 8 inch scale.

mikeoz
May 20, '13, 10:15 AM
^^^^I completely agree!

newlyknighted
May 20, '13, 10:27 AM
Bring on 8" Zod & Jor-el! And a glow in the dark 8" Swamp Thing!

Ivaniski
May 21, '13, 12:50 PM
Can't wait for these to come out. Hopefully, we'll get the RC Batman and RM Robin........Anyone know if removable mask versions will ever see daylight?

monitor_ep
May 21, '13, 2:16 PM
From what we can figure out, wave three will go have:

* Removable Cowl Batman
* Removable Mask Robin
* Batgirl
* Mystery figure

Ivaniski
May 21, '13, 5:28 PM
From what we can figure out, wave three will go have:

* Removable Cowl Batman
* Removable Mask Robin
* Batgirl
* Mystery figure

Swell........I mean Awesome!!! My credit card will be very busy soon. :yes:

dee T.
May 27, '13, 8:44 AM
A Plastic Man would be a serious must have on my list of characters I would like to get. I have always been a fan of his comics.

monitor_ep
May 27, '13, 11:38 AM
I want to complete my Super-Friends set:

Super-Friends:
*Hawkman & Hawkgirl
*Atom
*Plastic Man
*Black Vulcan
*El Dorado
*Apache Chief
*Rima
*Wonder Twins