X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garfoot
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 28, 2012

Series 2 Batman Retro for preorder

I noticed on BBTS today that series 2 of the Batman Retro figures were on Presale.

Figures Toy Company presents the second series in their new line of "World's Greatest Heroes!" featuring classic Batman characters! Each new 8-inch action figure is an exact replica of its original '70s counterpart, right down to the cloth clothing and retro-styling. With 16 points of articulation, you can pose them in any heroic position! Choose from: Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, the Penguin, or Catwoman. Each figure comes in a reusable plastic protective case with full-color backing card.
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Nothing on their Facebook page or web site yet.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Hmm. So for wave 3, there are 3 figures left on the carrying case: RC Batman, RM Robin and Batgirl. I wonder if they will put in a new character in the fourth slot of the third wave?
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Their dates aren't correct. Wave 1 might be here by August, pending approvals.

Comment

• garfoot
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 28, 2012

Originally posted by pmwasson
          Hmm. So for wave 3, there are 3 figures left on the carrying case: RC Batman, RM Robin and Batgirl. I wonder if they will put in a new character in the fourth slot of the third wave?
          Yeah, I wonder if a certain flying man with an "S" on his shirt could sneak in? Or perhaps a brand new Batman figure never made? I think BBTS dates are a bit mixed up. It should state August for series 1, and maybe we get series 2 in September?

Comment

• garfoot
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 28, 2012

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            Their dates aren't correct. Wave 1 might be here by August, pending approvals.
            I order from them all the time and they always seem to be a month or so off from actual release dates.

Comment

• ovenmitt
              Persistent Member
              • May 26, 2009

Would be cool if Figures releases a DC Comics 8" series every month! Like DC Direct used to with its 6" DC figures!

Comment

• garfoot
                Museum Patron
                • Aug 28, 2012

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                Would be cool if Figures releases a DC Comics 8" series every month! Like DC Direct used to with its 6" DC figures!
                That would be both exciting and expensive. I would have to alter my toy spending allowance, but I would love 48 8" figures a year!!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                  Permanent Member
                  • Mar 7, 2011

Only thing I can think of is that they went to FTC with a big enough order and asked for the release of the next 4 figures so in return they could advertise the next wave of a pre order to get a jump on everyone else and make a few extra bucks.

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

Prices are higher than the Figures website on both individuals and group....$5 on the set of four. I'll wait to pre-order until they hit the Figures site. Thanks for the heads-up though!

-Chris
                    Last edited by megomania; May 17, '13, 5:15 PM.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 12, 2004

I was hoping that Batgirl would be in the 2nd wave.

I never cared for the secret identity or Catwoman figures.

A really strong first wave, followed by a really weak 2nd wave.

I just hope this line isn't canceled before we get Batgirl.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                        I was hoping that Batgirl would be in the 2nd wave.

I never cared for the secret identity or Catwoman figures.

A really strong first wave, followed by a really weak 2nd wave.

I just hope this line isn't canceled before we get Batgirl.
                        "Really weak" doesn't seem a fair assessment. I mean, I kinda agree with you on a personal level (cause, like you, I woulda picked other characters),
                        but on a business level, Figures is finishing up the big 4 villains as well as providing official releases for toys that, if they were real, would go for a pretty penny.
                        It's like when EMCE released the Romulan... cooler figure, yeah, but same idea as far as scarcity.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by garfoot
                          That would be both exciting and expensive. I would have to alter my toy spending allowance, but I would love 48 8" figures a year!!
                          Yeah, if Figures did this with WGSH, or Hasbro with their SW Black Series, I'd go broke. Happily broke, but who knows HOW happy?
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• garfoot
                            Museum Patron
                            • Aug 28, 2012

Originally posted by huedell
                            Yeah, if Figures did this with WGSH, or Hasbro with their SW Black Series, I'd go broke. Happily broke, but who knows HOW happy?
                            Figures is already preselling Kiss series 5 in a little over a years time, so maybe that's about what to expect for DC. I think maybe every 2 months or so would be good. 24 a year would fit into my budget. Ditto on SW Black Series, looks good!!

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by garfoot
                              Yeah, I wonder if a certain flying man with an "S" on his shirt could sneak in? Or perhaps a brand new Batman figure never made? I think BBTS dates are a bit mixed up. It should state August for series 1, and maybe we get series 2 in September?
                              Or a certain amazon babe with a magic lasso who flies around in an invisible plane?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎