X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Pre-meet notes and thoughts.

I dunno, call me emo, but I am more than ready for Mego meet to get here.

I have two figs in the works, and believe me, it is going to cut down to the wire getting them done.
    Not many pics to show right now, but I am doing a small run of a couple figs.

Up first is my 8" Hellboy.
    I tried having china do some parts for me, but it got messy...I actually used someone close to our beloved Castaway Toys to make me some stuff.

The biggie, and the hardest is my Gentle Giant-like translation...I scaled an 8" Thor to 12" scale. It's coming along nicely and I think he will fit in nicely to the vintage Mego line, plus the 12" Mego meet customs that have been done.

If I get em all done before the trip, I may let em go in the marketplace so I can keep my table for the 3d printer and scanner...dunno, haven't thought that far ahead yet.

Looking forward to the nice long drive with the boy, might have one of our own forum brothers riding with me this year too.

I'm excited to see the new hotel and Mego suite. I actually tried to talk my wife into coming just so she can enjoy the pool and quiet room all to herself for a nice break, but she said no..she says this is my special time and she doesn't want to change that.

I usually say how this place is family, well, it is and I view the folks there as a such and I can't wait to see everyone. Neat now this trip has become tradition, and those who can't attend, you'll be dearly missed. I still gotta give props to good ole DaveMC for holding my hand when I made my first trip ...what a champ.

This year also marks a new chapter in our food choice Saturday night since Hoss' apparently closed.

I can't wait to see what the auction has to offer, there's usually some great excitement happening!

The discussion panels are always great. Shane and I got spun up talking last year and totally missed DrMego's super cool presentation, but hanging with Shane was not regretted one bit

I'm looking forward to see what our hauls will look like this year, customs customs customs I foresee. I am eagerly awaiting what Mego goodness is brought this year...maybe the illusive shark will surface for me...

It's gonna be fun to have Craig on hand and whatever Zica goodness he brings us.

I am ready. My last day of work is may 24th, so I ought to have plenty time to finish my figs and get there.

See ya soon
    Chad
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

I'm right there with you. Although I'm working through June 4th, the last major hurdle is tomorrow: the second of our three times a year physical inventory which I'm largely responsible for the accuracy of. Despite the fact they've gotten better and better since I've taken over that responsibility they always make me nervous b/c there's a lot fo out of my control. The plus side: Said inventory used to be most-Meet and quite frankly would put a damper on parts on the trip for me when I'd start thinking about it.
    Looks like there a few food options but this one also on National Road http://www.generationswhg.com/home.php looks good to me.
    I can't even stress the importance of the Meet and seeing everyone. It's truly the one time all year I am surrounded by people I all consider friends and have common interests.
    My Day to day life isn't bad, it's just mostly a solo act because either people don't have the interests or just don't have the time to hang out. Needless to say it's the reason I'm not likely to miss one. I even look forward to the drive somewhat as excitement builds and it's mostly relaxing.
    As far as what I'll buy I always have a few things in mind and usually find a few and buy other things I forgot I wanted.
    I'm kind of 50-50 on the hotel, but in the end I want to be where the group is. I'm somewhat of a frequent getaway person and as long the place is clean I'm good.
    Hopefully though the money will work out like it seems it will and I'll know what my final budget is by next Friday. As always can't wait. From the time I leave work on Tuedsay night June 4th until the trip coming back I know there are nothing but good times ahead.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
      70's Era Pimp
      • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by noelani72
      I dunno, call me emo, but I am more than ready for Mego meet to get here
      Emo.....

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

i am finally getting excited about this trip. work has been hell the last three months. busy season seems worse this year and a lot of people out so i cover extra jobs. finally slowing down. cant wait to see everybody.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

I can help you guys find a new food place....I live in the area.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

Cool b lister

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I cant wait. I'm also a little nervous since it's my first MM exclusive effort and I'm bringing the Castaway stuff people have been wanting. I hope I sell out of both.

But I am looking forward to seeing everyone and the new hotel experience.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by batmanmc
                Cool b lister

Yup. I was thinking of an Italian place, but with the pizza party, we probably would be overdoing it with the garlic breath. There is a Perkins two exits west on 70.

There is also TJs Sports Garden, but ever since that murder two summers ago, I think it has a reputation....
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

I'msure we'll be ever grateful for the local suggestions (unless they'll already made a short list as the planning takes place).
                  Undo's is a place we'll never go back to, just in case that is the Italian place you're thinking about. They were pretty rude after us being there for so many years.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Nope, I remember the Undo's fiasco. I was thinking of Greco's. though I haven't been there in some time.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                      House of a thousand Megos
                      • Aug 10, 2009

I don't really want anything specific this year I just want to visit with everyone.
                      Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎