X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

How can I make these?

Elsewhere in this thread I posted about making a custom figure for a special 9 year old.So far the Mego Museum Community is come through in a big way for him.At the moment I'm stuck on how to make these gloves/gauntlets for the figure.Below is what I'm trying to achieve but the lightbulb hasn't gone on yet.I bought some white wrist bands from CTVT but I'm not sure how to get the desired look.I know after they're done they will need to be painted gold.If anybody has any ideas or can help me out,I would greatly appreciate it.I don't mind paying for the help as I would need 2 sets of these made.Thanks again to everyone who's helped so far and continues to help on this project.Pictures will be posted of the finished figure with John Williams,to be continued......
    BHGLVS1.jpg
    BHGLVS2.jpg
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

I'd start by layering some craft foam (maybe over a matching fabric or more craft foam). I think it will be tough to achieve that exact look... but the craft foam route should be plenty awesome for a 9 year old.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, work out patterns then tape them to the craft foam and cut out.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

I dunno man ...
        I wouldn't craft Foam em...

I'd cut up them wrist bands U bought ...
        Or find some castaway rubber ones ..., and cut em up ...

Or make en outta resin ...
        Glue em on.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Craft foam would work.... I've seen Boss there do some mind blowing stuff with it. BUT it's tricky to get just right. (It's also cheap, so someone could get plenty of practice....) If you REALLY want to go all hardcore, I'd take a set of upper arms, Vaseline 'em and sculpt them. (If there's gonna be an outfit under it, wrap a sleeve around so's to allow for the extra room.) You could get exactly the look you want.... but it's a HUGE pain. (I did something similar for a couple customs I've been working on: a Marvel bad guy w. gorget, and something similar to what you need for a Yugi-Oh monster.)

Don C.

Comment

• Lord Mongo
            • Mar 12, 2013

It depends on how detailed you wanna get, I have been playing with the idea of scupting the wrist guards/gauntlets I want (Batman GLoves) and casting them in resin, and then installing them by pulling the hand off..

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

Craft foam is pretty easy to experiment with. I made a Loki head-band out of it for someone here once.

These are larger scaled of course but still...

Last edited by johnmiic; May 27, '13, 4:16 PM.

Comment

• nobody
                banjo!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Long Live Craft Foam

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡