X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt_Kirk
    Career Member
    • Nov 22, 2011

OUCH! major mistake on a new Batman figure

As I'm sure you all know the new 8 inch figure bodies are REALLY bad. I went to remove the Batman/Bruce head and I inadvertantly ripped the plug off. So, what are my options here? Please don't tell me I have to add a plug and recast it.
    thanks
    Lee
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Lee are you talking ctv? or dc retro?

you can still save it - just in sert someting that fits into the head and body. like a fat pencil. use tape on the pencil until it fits snug in both and your good to go. works even better if you use double stick tape on the last layer.
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Vinny0026
      Lee are you talking ctv? or dc retro?

you can still save it - just in sert someting that fits into the head and body. like a fat pencil. use tape on the pencil until it fits snug in both and your good to go. works even better if you use double stick tape on the last layer.
      retro DC mattel Batman.

Comment

• megowgsh
        Customego HoF Curator
        • Nov 19, 2003

must be Mattel
        Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

yeah, what a piece of crap. Worst body I've ever seen. I was able to remove the batsignal emblem on his chest with a piece of tape. I stuck the scotch tape over it and it pulled it right off. LOL.
          I kind of like the removeable cowl. The head sculpt is just ok.
          When I tried to remove the blue hands, they pulled right off the arms. Major drag.
          I like the cape but the shorts look like a thong and the boots are freaking huge.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
            Career Member
            • Nov 22, 2011

this is the one
            review_retro2_1.jpg

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I am soooooo glad I never bought that thing. It sounds to be more trouble than its worth.

Sorry you ripped the head plug. Maybe it's still salvageable.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                Career Member
                • Nov 22, 2011

I know it is. I was just curious the BEST way to tackle it. I'll post it when completed so y'all can see bat's in all his glory!

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

Make the Mattel head even sturdier by packing the inside neck with a fraction of polymer baking clay (Sculpey III, Fimo). Roll it out so top end comfortably sit inside Bruce's head (roll it to same diameter as neck; lengthen it to the whole length of hishead, so it sits inside his black-hair-crown; and out toward an exposed part beyond his torn neck that will fit inside the empty shoulder hole). Remove the clay, and BOIL it in water on top of the stove to harden the clay. Remove the new hard plug, dry out the head, and glue the new plug in place with the adhesive rubber glue (shoe glue: ShoeGoo II or Gloozit) or hobby shop glue (cyanoacrylate, like "Maxi-Cure" in 'extra thick'); one dab for inside the head at the very top, then sealed around the neck plug . Once set, glue on a black rubber washer (from dollar store: many in a pack in different diameters) just under the neck line, to where it would set inside the shoulder hole. The washer will make a raised and malleable edge so the head will slip in & out, and to turn it around from side to side. When the glue is set, it acts like a sealant. I personally like the rubber feel of the washer and the rubbery Shoe Glue when it is dry. No one will see the mechanics once the head's in place.

It's so easy to boil the clay to harden it (better than the package's baking instructions). Sometimes I dab a bit of Krayzee Glue on any rare cracks in the clay after it is dry, before I glue the new stem inside the head.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎