Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Beatles- Abbey Road (THE FAB FOUR IN MEGO)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

The Beatles- Abbey Road (THE FAB FOUR IN MEGO)

I see a lot of people tackling the Beatles in Mego form and they always go for the younger years. I wanted to go for a little something like maybe their last and final days when they were older and one of the greatest albums "Abbey Road" was released.
    I spent months getting these head sculpts to how I wanted them. John Lennon really looks like John Lennon under that beard. You can find he customs in progress when I was working on them and asking for advice. I went with a beard with Lennon because that's how Abbey Road was even though it may have taken away his features.
    I hope all Beatles fans can appreciate my hard work and my nightmare of sculpting and hell I went through. I was told to look up that nice box guy on here and I hear if i am nice to him and give him money he could design individual packaging for these four. Maybe?

Early shot (Before George)

This is a shot of the John Lennon sculpt before we decided to add the beard. (and clean the suit)
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Awesome! Totally awesome! They all look great!
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
      Awesome! Totally awesome! They all look great!
      I think you are the one guy who has been with since the conception of this idea. Thankfully there is Facebook or nobody would ever see my work!

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Very cool !!!

Try some Hey Jude suits too

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
          Very cool !!!

Try some Hey Jude suits too
          That wasn't even an official Beatles record. I believe the record company just threw that record together and slapped some photos for the cover and on the back of them posing inside/outside of John Lennon's house. It's sometimes referred to a Beatles album but none of the Beatles had any say about it's release. In fact, I think it was just George Martin of somebody who threw together a bunch of B-sides and singles to make an album.
          The outfits that were in that photo shoot make them look like crop Amish farmers including John Lennon who was sporting the very first ideal fanny pack that he picked up in India or something. Took years to catch on with males but they are much lighter now. LOL

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

I'm more of an Elvis Fan - there is some sort of saying - I forget how it goes but it is summed up by - if you like Elvis's Music you normally do not like the beatles music abd vis-versa" haha not sure if it is true for everyone but it tis true in my case. I'm sure most love the beatles - but they are just not for me

But great job on the figures
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• toysrus
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 23, 2007

Wow this are awesome! I dont visit the customs often but boy did
              I miss these cool figures. Great job!!! Keep up the great work

Originally posted by Cosmicman
              I see a lot of people tackling the Beatles in Mego form and they always go for the younger years. I wanted to go for a little something like maybe their last and final days when they were older and one of the greatest albums "Abbey Road" was released.
              I spent months getting these head sculpts to how I wanted them. John Lennon really looks like John Lennon under that beard. You can find he customs in progress when I was working on them and asking for advice. I went with a beard with Lennon because that's how Abbey Road was even though it may have taken away his features.
              I hope all Beatles fans can appreciate my hard work and my nightmare of sculpting and hell I went through. I was told to look up that nice box guy on here and I hear if i am nice to him and give him money he could design individual packaging for these four. Maybe?

Early shot (Before George)

This is a shot of the John Lennon sculpt before we decided to add the beard. (and clean the suit)

Comment

• Al Barrett
                Career Member
                • Aug 16, 2008

Cool
                :-D

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Excellent!
                  Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                  Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                  1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                  1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Very cool custom choices. The Paul sculpt is really on, man!
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Cosmicman
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
                      Actually I originally messed Paul McCartney up really bad in the beginning. Goto the Customs works in Progress area and check out my first attempts for some laughs. He looked like Donny Osmond.
                      I needed the slaps and laughs to make me keep going back to that clay until I got Paul right.

Plus Paul McCartney came over for tea and he said, "Cosmicman my friend. This looks OK. Just don't ever make me look like Donny Osmond again or I will force you to live in the barn like I did Denny Laine."
                      Last edited by Cosmicman; May 16, '13, 9:25 PM.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
                        Hey Hue, goto the W.I.P. customs area and click on the Beatles. Check out the Hell I went through to get Paul right. He looked like Donny Osmond for awhile.
                        I need to take an new picture also I touched up their hair with highlights to get that black/brown look. Click on my OGME link to see it.
                        Peace Hue!!!!

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                          Type3Toys Has Transformed
                          • Oct 5, 2011

Nice job on these Cat.
                          View My Customs
                          www.type3toys.com
                          or check here
                          http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• megowgsh
                            Customego HoF Curator
                            • Nov 19, 2003

IMO your best customs EVER!!!!!!
                            Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Cosmicman
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by megowgsh
                              IMO your best customs EVER!!!!!!
                              All my joking aside, that means a lot coming from you Austin!!! (and anyone else that was cool enough to give me a thumbs up.)

Rock!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎