X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

I need the mego museums communitys help with a custom figure

I'm working on a custom figure for a 9 year old boy that's an only child that I've become his Big Brother.Here's the short version of the story,his name is John William and his grandma lives in my apartment building and he heard that I had some superhero figures that I made from comic book characters that I created and a playset that I thought of and Scott from Didadisplays and Paul from Lasermego made into reality.When he came to see his grandma he stopped by to see me and when he saw my figures and the playset he told his grandma that he wanted to make a comic book figure like mine.I told him to think of his character and tell me about him,I came up with the attached character and he said that's exactly like he pictured him.Both of his parents work alot and they spend as much time as they can with him but there's alot of times he's alone at home when his mom's working at home.I want to surprise him with his own figure and I need the communitys help to bring it to life,his name is BLACKHAWK.Some of it is way out of my league,I'll be useing Doc Megos swivel arm body and Blacknight(Jason)is doing the head sculpt,Lasermego(Paul)made the emblem and I'm going to have Brian Leitner make the outfit.I bought a pair of black superhero boots from David Lee and I'm doing the belt.What I need help with are the gauntlets,the jet pack and the parts that go on the boots.I'm willing to pay for anyones help and I need 2 made of each item(1 for John William ,1 for me)If anyone can help let me know,it will be greatly appreciated.After the figure is finished and I have the toyroom make the boxes,I'll post pictures of the finished figure.Thanks to everyone that helps and I know John Williams will be thanking everyone as well.
    BLACKHAWK.jpg
  • Lord Mongo
    • Mar 12, 2013

Just wanted to say...

You deserve a congratulations and my heartfelt admiration..

As to the gauntlets would the CTV ones work?

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

I already have pretty much every logo, golden age to current, ready to print to sticker. You're welcome to them. You'll just need to buy some sticker paper and print and cut them out.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Hey Danny - I bet I could make the jet pack out of black acrylic with gold vinyl details!
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• dreddbatfan
          Museum Super Collector
          • Oct 3, 2008

Hi Paul-That would be great and I'd need 2 of them.I can send you a picture of just the jetpack with the color and without the color so that you can get the outline and see what parts are Black and what parts are Gold.Lord Mongo-CTVT gauntlets would work but they would have to be painted Gold and they would have to be pointed like in the picture

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

i have some extra ctv gauntlets as well - as well all know vinny is not a painter
            but your welcome to them if you can paint, or maybe dye them gold?

kudos to you for what you are doing - I think it is great
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by pmwasson
              Hey Danny - I bet I could make the jet pack out of black acrylic with gold vinyl details!

I May be interested in that as well ... as well as an Emblem.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• mvanis
                Career Member
                • Feb 5, 2013

Very very cool, love to hear stories like this.

I lack a creative gene, so making things is not exactly my forte =)
                Looking for:
                • Lincoln Monsters (Any condition)
                • Boxed Mego Monsters
                • AHI Jigglers / Bendy Monsters (Carded and Loose)
                • ANYTHING Monster related

Founder - The Toy Archives

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Maybe I'm missing something. I don't remember gauntlets. Are we talking about the DC Blackhawk? Anyone got an image of what we're looking to accomplish?
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• dreddbatfan
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Oct 3, 2008

Megocrazy,This is an original design for John William a 9 yr. old boy.The image is on the post that I started at the top.Vinny0026,I'll take the extra gauntlets if you can spare them-maybe I can figure out how to achieve the look I'm going for l;ike in the picture.If anybody has any suggestions feel free to chime in.Thanks to everyone who's onboard so far,I can't wait to give John William his own figure and post pictures of him with it.

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

Hope U like em Danny.

... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• dreddbatfan
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Oct 3, 2008

The heads look GREAT Jason!!!!Maybe it's just the light but the gold part looks yellow,let me know.Anyways looking forward to getting them.I'll being giving you more business in the future because I came into some money from my father passing away and there's been some of your figures I've been wanting to buy from you besides having some parts made.Thanks again for your help and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Danny
                          (dreddbatfan)

Comment

• THE MEGO
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jul 9, 2012

I'll see what I can do.
                            Mitch

Comment

• mazinz
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by dreddbatfan
                              I'm working on a custom figure for a 9 year old boy that's an only child that I've become his Big Brother.Here's the short version of the story,his name is John William and his grandma lives in my apartment building and he heard that I had some superhero figures that I made from comic book characters that I created and a playset that I thought of and Scott from Didadisplays and Paul from Lasermego made into reality.When he came to see his grandma he stopped by to see me and when he saw my figures and the playset he told his grandma that he wanted to make a comic book figure like mine.I told him to think of his character and tell me about him,I came up with the attached character and he said that's exactly like he pictured him.Both of his parents work alot and they spend as much time as they can with him but there's alot of times he's alone at home when his mom's working at home.I want to surprise him with his own figure and I need the communitys help to bring it to life,his name is BLACKHAWK.Some of it is way out of my league,I'll be useing Doc Megos swivel arm body and Blacknight(Jason)is doing the head sculpt,Lasermego(Paul)made the emblem and I'm going to have Brian Leitner make the outfit.I bought a pair of black superhero boots from David Lee and I'm doing the belt.What I need help with are the gauntlets,the jet pack and the parts that go on the boots.I'm willing to pay for anyones help and I need 2 made of each item(1 for John William ,1 for me)If anyone can help let me know,it will be greatly appreciated.After the figure is finished and I have the toyroom make the boxes,I'll post pictures of the finished figure.Thanks to everyone that helps and I know John Williams will be thanking everyone as well.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5713[/ATTACH]
                              Super nice thing to do, so far I see the progress is coming along nicely. Your young friend is going to loose his mind when he sees this
                              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎