X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saroyan
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 4, 2011

Sgt Savage aka Sgt. Rock!

First- it's not really all that custom- I'd equate this to doing a wheel swap on a Hot Wheels- it turned out cool- but I didn't do so much customizing to it as add some enhancements.

This is a early 90s Gi Joe named Sgt. Savage. He is clearly Sgt. Rock's twin brother- so much so, that they had Joe Kubert do the box art. I couldn't find any other 11 inch figures in the Sgt. Savage line up, but there were numerous 3.75 Savage figures- including a kick-***** WWII P40 plane. He came with a ridiculous over-sized machine gun and an awful over-size rubber combat belt.

His clothes were already a little battle shredded- but I added a lot more damage as well as some paint and decided he needed a good ammo belt. Then I figured he needed an upgraded side arm....and correct sized dog tags....then knife....then ammo pouches..and helmet...and his bullets needed some color...and then the stock helmet looked too cheesy...and on and on. So, a little extra combat damage to his clothes and helmet and a lot of upgraded accessories.

Last - I'd love opinions on the grenade belt above the combat belt. Too much? Just right? I bought the belt thinking it'd be big enough to go over the shoulder opposite the bullet bandolier but it wasn't even close.

• BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I Think That Figure is Awesome .
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

He looks great! well done!
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

neat, I didn't know they did 12 inch figures for that line.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

That looks pretty cool
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
            House of a thousand Megos
            • Aug 10, 2009

I think he is Awesome!!!! Way better than the way he came. I did mine with a different body, the newer Gi Joe classic collection muscle body for better articulation, I have a bunch of them if you would like one the head fits on perfectly although this body is very muscled and great for display but I play with mine lol. Very cool Brian!!!
            Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎