X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionicfanboy66
    Career Member
    • Jul 30, 2012

Star Blazes

This show screams action figure line. Always wished that Takara would've done a Microman Star Blazers line since all three originated out of Japan. Also wished Mego could've gotten the license back in the late 70's. Although there was a line produced in Japan around the time that SB hit the US, but the toys never made it over here that I know of. Not in my area at least.
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

It's another good one.... someone did customs of the crew from the original show and they looked awesome! But there'd be SO MANY legal hoops to jump through for the rights it'd probably price them out of the range of most folks.

Don C.

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

Outside of Lustice league Unlimited, the best animated series ever made. I'd be all over a line of these, but yes the licensing would logistically be ridiculous.
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

Star Blazers would be cool, they could even use the Star Trek Bridge playset with new artwork for the Bridge of the Argo (I did custom figures a while back and have been working on small improvements as well as the bridge).

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
          Career Member
          • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by Spyweb007
          Star Blazers would be cool, they could even use the Star Trek Bridge playset with new artwork for the Bridge of the Argo (I did custom figures a while back and have been working on small improvements as well as the bridge).
          I've seen your customs. Cool stuff.

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

I've seen your customs. Cool stuff.
            . Thanks, If I ever get good enough at sculpting I want to make more accurate heads for them. the suits worked pretty well, and I've found a . . . unique way of making weapons which fit there hands. Would be awesome to see some official Star Blazers figures released.

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>If I ever get good enough at sculpting I want to make more accurate heads for them.

The Japanese stuff is good practice for sculpting. Simpler designs, but requiring more conciseness to pull them off effectively. I'd suggest using something like Super Sculpey for the originals, smoothed with water and a cotton swab.

Don C.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 18, 2006

Thanks for the tip, If I can get a smooth finish using water and a swab that's half my problem right now.

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

I've been trying to do those characters myself but the anime heads are difficult to sculpt. I did a reasonably good Dr. Sane tho. Haven't any pics to post yet tho.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎