X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Hawaii Five-O line

While we're talking about cop show licenses to be made in Mego scale, how about the longest running cop show on TV?

Hawaii Five-O ran from 1968 to 1980, a run of twelve years, and I don't think that any other cop show on TV surpassed it.

A Mego line in that scale would be GREAT!!!

McGarrett, Williams, Wo Fat, Kono, Chin Ho Kelly, Duke Lukela, a couple of generic mooks and other villainous types. (Wo Fat cannot be classified as generic in any sense of the word, so he's not included with them.)

Throw in a couple of black and white police cars, a to-scale Ford Mercury car for McGarrett (black of course!)

Yeah, I'd empty out my bank account for something like this.
    JediJaida
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

If you total up Jack Webb's Dragnet series it had 12 on TV as well. Tack on his radio series and 5-0 looses.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

How about Cannon, Mannix and McCleod or Baretta, Ironsides, Mod Squad and Police Woman figures?

I'm a Westerns fan. I'd like to see Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Bonanza, Law Man, Maverick, Wyatt Earp, Rifleman, Virginian, Cheyenne, WagonTrain, Big Valley, Lone Ranger

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

They'd all be awesome ideas if you could keep the price point down low. I think that's the biggest hold back for the reMego movement; you're catering to older fans mostly, who expect a certain level of detail and quality, which requires more machingin and production, which raises the price past the casual buyer. Since the fans are mostly older, you have to go with older properties, which won't entice a newer audience, which limits your potential purchasers right from the get go. A difficult (but not unsurmountable) obstacle.

Or you go the Hot Toys route, make super-awesome stuff that requires a second mortgage to buy. You sell a lot less, but you maximalize the profit.

Don C.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, we're just daydreaming ...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I want Mission: Impossible!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I'd pay dearly for a Joe Friday Mego.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

Hawaii Five-0 is one of my all time favorites too. I would love to have an 8 inch line of those guys. I would love McCloud too.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 28, 2008

If you mean just a cop show, I'm pretty sure you're right about Hawaii Five-O's longevity. If you add in those pesky attorneys, then Law & Order would beat it out, and while I'd love a Lennie Brisco figure, I'm sure McGarrett would be a better bet.
                  Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                  Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

No! No pesky attorneys!!! Cops only.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

i'd go with the A Team

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

One of the great things about the Figures line for Batman is the old episodes are currently playing on KVOS(still the name?), and one of the youth networks which is fantastic advertising for the new line. I loved the Batman show when I was a kid but all I ever got to see was the movie. I never saw the weekly episodes.
                        KVOS played Hawaii 5-O and Mission Impossible repeats on a regular basis during the day over 13 years ago! Can't believe it has been that long since I watched them daily in the barber shop.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 30, 2012

Also would love to see the return of Starsky & Hutch, The Rookies, S.W.A.T., and CHiPs in the 8" scale. 3 3/4" would be great, too. Maybe even a Barney Miller line.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Well, they are already producing new and improved fat bodies, so with a bit of a dye job, they can be used for Wo Fat, Chin Ho and Kono, all of whom were on the heavy set side.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• mego73
                              Printed paperboard Tiger
                              • Aug 1, 2003

Who would ever want Hawaii Five O figures?

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎