X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionicfanboy66
    Career Member
    • Jul 30, 2012

Miami Vice Line

Would be interested in 8" scale figures of Crockett, Tubbs, Zito, Switek, Gina, Trudy, Castillian(SP? Edward James Olmos' Character), and Calderone. I understand the effort and cost that would involved in getting the okay to use the cast members' likenesses and so forth, but it would still be great. Even back in the 80's I had always hoped for a 3 3/4" action figure line(even with the O-rings) despite the fact that this was an adult show which aired in the 10PM time slot.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Mezco tested the waters for Miami Vice and the line only got Crockett and Tubbs out there.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

I would've loved that...I remember having this knock off looking cheapo toys battery operated toy car that was from Miami Vice in the 80's..it was like a black corvette with the 2 guys in it..very cool
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

The Mezco figures IMO were not that nice and definitely far from Mego style. I can understand why the line only got Crockett and Tubbs.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
          Career Member
          • Jul 30, 2012

Kids in Brazil got a couple of boats with figures which looked nothing like Crockett and Tubbs, IIRC. The Mezco figures looked like animated characters. Can imagine what an animated MV series would've been like. Saturday morning MV for kids and Friday night MV for adults. That actually would've been kind of cool. Use the same Jan Hammer opening theme for both.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
            The Mezco figures IMO were not that nice and definitely far from Mego style. I can understand why the line only got Crockett and Tubbs.
            Didn't say they were Mego style, just that a line was tried and it didn't do well. I honestly don't think a Mego style line would fare any better.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎