Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPER FRIENDS: An ideal Mego Line: I Wish!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

SUPER FRIENDS: An ideal Mego Line: I Wish!

I am one of if not THE ultimate SuperFriends fan. As a kid, I always believed (and still do) that if you have Superman (lighter blue & red costume), Batman ( blue & grey costume), Classic Robin,
    Wonder Woman, and the classic Aquaman ( orange & green costume), then you have the SuperFriends since they were the five mainstays. In my childhood years, my wish came true as far as Mego's 8 inch lines, Comic Action and Pocket Super Heroes, and Kenner Super Powers. Most recently, my ultimate dream came true when Mattel's DCUC figures had all of them plus the Wonder Twins, whom I had wanted figures of my whole life.
    From what I've gathered, no one was able to acquire a license to make the Wonder Twins or any of the other characters created for the SuperFriends until recently. My ideal Megolike line would be a SuperFriends figure line, that would start off with Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and the Wonder Twins with head designs based off Alex Toth's character designs and more series accurate costumes. And if the line were successful, then they could make Black Vulcan, Samaraui, Apache Chief, and El Dorado, and the other JLA guests like Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, The Atom, Rima, and Firestorm, and the 13 villains from the Legion of Doom.

I also wish there could be a 12 inch Aquaman in the classic orange & green costume since Mego never made one. I would take the SuperFriends in 8in. or 12 in. or both.

In addition to the SuperFriends, but I also wish that Hanna Barbera created Super Heroes could be made into Mego Form like Space Ghost, Birdman, Samson & Goliath, Galaxy Trio, the Herculoids, and Blue Falcon and Dynomutt.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my two cents.
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Couldn't agree more!
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'd get behind this in a heartbeat.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

The kind of toyline i would like to see.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

I think this line would be great, as well.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• BATMAN89
            Mego obsessed!!!
            • Jul 20, 2010

Ya, I've said it before, I wish EMCE could snag the Superfriends license. I would definitely buy that style of figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Well, Retro Action sorta did. We got 4 of the original SuperFriends, (sorry Robin). And got a really nice Wonder Woman, plus some LOD faves: Lex Luthor, Black Manta, Captain Cold and Cheetah. It would be nice to see them done in true Mego style w/ some nice Superfriends packaging (and a HOJ playset as well). And some Wonder Twins action would be groovy too! I wish I had room for all these figures! For now, I guess I'l make due w/ my Megos, RAHs, and Dida HOJ set that Scott made.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• newlyknighted
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 21, 2010

Please make this happen Figures/CTVT!! We need the Alex Toth W-Twins, Gleek, Black Vulcan, Samaraui, Apache Chief, El Dorado, Giganta & the rest of the baddies, Super Friends era Batmobile, and a Hall of Justice!
                I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• dee T.
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 25, 2012

In addition to the SuperFriends, but I also wish that Hanna Barbera created Super Heroes could be made into Mego Form like Space Ghost, Birdman, Samson & Goliath, Galaxy Trio, the Herculoids, and Blue Falcon and Dynomutt. [/QUOTE]

I would die happy if all these got made.
                  Clothes make the doll

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

I don't think you'd find very many on this board who'd wouldn't support at least portions of this line.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'd like Superfriends, but I'd like H-B characters even more--perhaps an Alex Toth Signature line: Space Ghost, Birdman, Blue Falcon & Dynomutt, Mightor & perhaps Samson.

I've always fantasized about these guys banding together as a team.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Superfriends and H-B Superheroes would rock! 'World's Greatest Cartoon Heroes'?
                        Although not from the same time, Thundarr!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

The HB stuff would be great, especially with Jonny Quest thrown in.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

Johnny Quest would be great.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

JQ should probably be an independent line from the rest of the HB figures. Lots of cool villains to use, too.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎