Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else stoked about the REH license?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Anyone else stoked about the REH license?!

I am!

Plus, I'm planning Thoth Amon & Thulsa Doom custom foes.

Where is Red Sonja?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I can't wait! Hopefully we'll see Belit and Zula also.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

I am thrilled about Conan which I got for Valentines Day 1979 2 weeks after I turned 9! (my sister got Supergirl!) I want Red Sonja, too!

At the C2E2 Captain Action panel Sunday Round 2 said there might be a Lady Action Red Sonja costume by 2015 from Dynamite Comics! Does Dynamite own or license her?

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

It will be interesting to see the designs ,as they are recreating the Mego conan, so I presume the rest will be in this style, rather than have some life like sculpt, plus detailed clothing.

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Maybe the Conan license will be successful enough to get reoccuring characters and villains made.

I hope Kull has a good sculpt/clothing (well, what little he wore).

Maybe lots of fantasy parts will be made finally.

Comment

• torgospizza
            Theocrat of Pan Tang
            • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I am!
            Me too, brother! More so than anything else, really.
            Where is Red Sonja?
            She's owned by Red Sonja LLC which isn't affiliated with either Paradox Entertainment or Conan Properties International (which own Conan). Red Sonja was created by Roy Thomas, loosely based on a character of REH's named Red Sonya of Rogatino. Red Sonja LLC is a licensee of Paradox and Conan Properties, however, so they can portray her as living in the Hyborian world. Sadly, she just doesn't come with the Conan package. (Insert joke here)

I'm really looking forward to these, but I'm kind of worried they're going to be rehashing parts. King Arthur's crown on Kull, f.ex. I hope that's not the case.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^ I Hope so too. I would assume (yeah, I know) that Kane & Kull will also have rooted hair, which renders Arthur's crown impossible. Even the Mego original crown was smallish & inappropriately circular.

Thank you Torgo for the Sonja clarification.

But I do think they can do pretty nice figures with some existing tooling, better casting, & new heads. Kane should have a new hat I think & proper swords for all IMO.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; May 1, '13, 10:36 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

REH is gonna be great, but I hope for good things from ERB too.

I wanna see what they can do with John Carter. We may not get Tars Tarkas, but Carter and Dejah Thoris would be sweet.
                Last edited by B-Lister; May 2, '13, 12:51 PM.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Would have been interesting to see Conan realized in 1/6th scale. My hope is they root the hair the same way Mego did. Could make for a nice figure.

Comment

• David Lee
                    The Fix-it-up Chappie
                    • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
                    Would have been interesting to see Conan realized in 1/6th scale. My hope is they root the hair the same way Mego did. Could make for a nice figure.
                    KISS has been a good test for them and they have proven they can get rooted hair to look right, that and head size (no super noogins). I would have been leary in the past, but I am pretty optomistic for them this go around.

Dave
                    Last edited by David Lee; May 2, '13, 4:09 PM.

Comment

• knight errant00
                      8 Inch Action Figure
                      • Nov 15, 2005

Wait -- is Figures doing John Carter?

Back before all the Cast-A-Way trouble, I was going to suggest to Dave and Jason they look into that . . . with their access to the Paco bodies, I was wondering if the tooling to produce that Mortal Kombat knockoff line's version of Goro would be available, since he's all four-armed and a cool headsculpt away from being Tars Tarkas.

I'd be all-in for a set of those three, for sure!

Originally posted by B-Lister
                      I wanna see what they can do with John Carter. We may not get Tars Tarkas, but Carter and Dejah Thoris would be sweet.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I was more excited about the option of Tarzan until I saw they were just copying the WGSH version. I was hoping for something more innovative. Hopefully they do more than one.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^It would be cool to get a Filmation-accurate Tarzan, with a headsculpt following the model sheets.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

I'm eager to see what Jane will look like. Safari outfit or buckskin bikini?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

This was a nice surprise, to see REH figures.
                              They're on my list, together with Batman 66.
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎