PDA

View Full Version : World's Greatest Heroes! Full-Page Ad

imp
Apr 29, '13, 7:39 PM
Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere already, but I have not seen it on other threads so I thought I would share.

This full-page solicitation appears in the most recent (May 2013) Previews, which is a magazine we comic geeks use to pre-order comics, toys and merchandise from specialty stores.

The stunning ad, depicting FTC's Series 1 "World's Greatest Heroes!" line, should be enough to get any Mego fan's blood pumping. I posted this to my Tumblr (http://createteria.tumblr.com/post/49218730771/full-page-solicitation-in-may-2013-previews), and I'll try to post it below.

http://www.worldsgreatesttoys.com/ftc_previews.jpg

I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments about what Figures Toy Co. is doing. Pretty impressive and exciting stuff!

-b

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 29, '13, 7:49 PM
Now that is pretty sweet. Nothing says "Mego" and "Batman" like that particular shade of pink.

Chris

kerowack
Apr 29, '13, 8:33 PM
I can still remember going to child world and my aunt bringing me there for a gi joe figure or a star wars figure. At the back of the store there was a clearance rack and for the price of two star wars figures, I could get four megos. I remember grabbing these exact four figures (might have gone hulk and not riddler). I can not wait for this.

Brown Bear
Apr 29, '13, 8:47 PM
Best re-mego ad I've seen yet!

jds1911a1
Apr 29, '13, 8:51 PM
AMEN to that

MIB41
Apr 29, '13, 9:18 PM
It doesn't get any more retro than that.

rche
Apr 29, '13, 9:53 PM
Nice! I wish these would go full retail so we could see some endcap headers and such. Also glad we are not getting the dstressed look this time.

Gorn Captain
Apr 30, '13, 3:30 AM
Also glad we are not getting the dstressed look this time.

I don't know, I'm looking pretty distressed myself, with all this stuff coming out....

I see that each card is individual: Batman has his image highest on the card, and the same goes for each character.

ScottA
Apr 30, '13, 9:13 AM
I like how the cards are Mego color.

HardyGirl
Apr 30, '13, 10:31 AM
Wow! That's so cool! :cool: Who says you can't go home again? :grin:

dee T.
Apr 30, '13, 10:32 AM
Sweeeeeet! I need another robin figure anyways too, my other one went zombie on me, I'm definitely going for the removable mask one this time around.

megocrazy
Apr 30, '13, 7:59 PM
I just hope they get to the other characters. The body issue doesn't even bother me, as long as they get what I want out. Yes I'm greedy and basically I only care about myself. Deal with it. ;-) Have to admit the stuff drips of mego goodness.

Mego MkIV
Apr 30, '13, 8:46 PM
Awesome I can't wait...:grin:

mvanis
May 1, '13, 9:59 AM
If anyone is interested in sets of these, feel free to let me know- would end up being approx. $95 per set plus about $5-7 shipping depending on where you live. Feel free to PM me with your interest.

TMANSTOYS
May 1, '13, 11:31 AM
Always said these guys are stepping up there game... Its only the beginning...STAYED TUNED !!

Werewolf
May 1, '13, 12:09 PM
That's really neat.

mego73
May 1, '13, 1:04 PM
What I want out of these guys (besides consistently good bodies) is color, color and color. No more faded or dull capes. No more pale flesh painted face Batmans. I hope Riddler's suit is bold and bright green.

TMANSTOYS
May 1, '13, 1:20 PM
I hope those Daisy Dukes are bright and short !!!