X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Doctor Who: Beneath the Surface 3 pack

Doctor Who DVD news: Box Art For Classic Doctor Who June 2003 Titles | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Silurians, Sea Devils and Warriors of the Deep hit DVD. If you put Warriors in the middle, it's a crap sandwich on great bread.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Warriors of the Deep is the only one I haven't seen yet..

You're REALLY making me wanna see it now

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
      Pat Troughton in disguise
      • Nov 21, 2007

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo...don't do it type1kirk Ingrid Pitt's embarresing karate kick at that other embarresment the myrka...it could be the scariest Who story ever for the wrong reasons...seriously though the "Silurians" and "sea devils" get a raw deal here.
      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Warriors of the Deep.
        They say: anything that bad needs to be seen.
        I saw it.
        It brought tears to my eyes, and not in a good way....
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

The Myrka??? I thought they had borowed Monty Python's Pantomime Horse for this story! They should have included the Pantomime Goose and Pantomime Queen and it would have been more entertaining.

Comment

• Seeker
            Neptunians RULE!
            • Feb 20, 2008

I like that the company making the current Dr Who figures is going to start making classic figures like the Sea devils, Sontarans and the original Master.
            Lo there do I see my Father.
            Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
            Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
            Lo they do call me.
            They bid me take my place among them.
            In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I made the mistake of reading the Target Novel before seeing Warriors of the Deep. It painted a great picture of a dank underwater lab, a scary Myrka in my head it was great.

I was pumped, what I got served was sterile, overlit sets (a JNT trademark), silly light up heads Silurians and a Myrka that would have been rejected during the Hartnell years.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                • Nov 21, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
                The Myrka??? I thought they had borowed Monty Python's Pantomime Horse for this story! They should have included the Pantomime Goose and Pantomime Queen and it would have been more entertaining.
                Funnily enough the people underneath the costume were thesame that played the pantomime hor5se in "Rentaghost"...so no suprise there....
                Coming soon on dvd are "Trial of a Time Lord" box set, "Black Orchid" and "Invasion of Time".
                Just got "Time Meddler" and love it....more Hartnell please
                ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Seeker
                  Neptunians RULE!
                  • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                  ....more Hartnell please

I thought I heard that the BBC taped over alot of the original shows?

Being in America the first Dr I saw was Peter Crushing in the 2 movies. A few years later our local PBS station started carrying the Jon Pertwee and later the Tom Baker episodes . Things get spotty after that till the newest incarnations of the Dr.

Ive only seen a few clips from the first 2 Drs episodes.
                  Lo they do call me.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Here's a list of all the Classic Doctor Who stories -- and if they still exist or not.

Dr Who Episode List

m

Comment

• Seeker
                      Neptunians RULE!
                      • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by type1kirk

Here's a list of all the Classic Doctor Who stories -- and if they still exist or not.

Dr Who Episode List

m

Thanks The link even has a rundown of the storylines.
                      Lo they do call me.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

I use it regularly for reference

m

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                          • Nov 21, 2007

Ok in reference to the "missing" episodes front on Dr Who.....
                          Many episodes kept in storage in the BBC archives were scheduled for destruction to make more room....these are the days when episodes were kept mainly in film canisters...and also as equity had a lot of say in repeat broadcasting. This "Dejunking" took place in the late 1960's early 1970's and the Hartnell and Troughton stories bore the brunt of the massacre. A few fans such as Ian Levine (who had approached the BBC to discuss borrowing old stories to show at amongst the first meetings of Who fans) discovered the culling of old stories and bought the episodes off of the BBC so they didn't destroy them. As far as the BBC were concerned , apart from overseas sales, the episodes were worthless and they saw no need to keep them (remember this was pre-home video era and nostalgia was not the money spinner it is now).
                          Many episodes have turned up in bizarre places such as jumble sales, a property that used to belong to the BBC and was purchased by the Mormon church had 2 episodes found when it was cleared out, overseas tv broadcasters namely africa, australia and new zealand. The interest prompted the BBC to recognise the value of the old episodes and asked overseas broadcasters to check their archives, film collectors were also asked to check their archives also ( the BBC only asked to copy the films then they would be returned).
                          Dr Who is unique in that although many episodes are missing there is a complete audio recording of all the missing episodes(Who fans even back then were obsessive and recorded the audio from their tvs). The hunt continues to this day with only last year the BBC offering a full scale Dalek to anyone who found a missing episode.

Comment

• monkey tennis
                            "Kiss my face."
                            • Jun 8, 2007

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                            with only last year the BBC offering a full scale Dalek to anyone who found a missing episode.
                            Cool, but where would I keep it.
                            I know by the Front Door, Would make trick or treat more fun.
                            "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                              • Nov 21, 2007

You could hide in it and scare the post man!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎