X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Big Jim Secret HQ: Awesomesauce!

Just got a MIB Big Jim European "Secret Headquarters"--part of the Spy series.

It's incredible! Many here know I love playsets, & this one does not disappoint. It is like a Mego "Wayne Foundation" for Big Jim (actually, it's a reworked Barbie Townhouse).

*3 feet tall, 3 floors with roof helipad--it's quite heavy, the floors are made of masonite.

*working central elevator; each floor has two rooms: armory, gym, communications, map room, shooting range, & garage.

*tons of accessories: free weights, tables & chairs, map, telegraph & headset, weapons rack & mortor, garage shelf with drawers, toolbox, tools, & extinguisher

I want badly to assemble it, but I don't have the space.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • torgospizza
    Theocrat of Pan Tang
    • Aug 19, 2010

Nice one and congratulations! If you ever do assemble it, please post pics--it sounds awesome, and I don't think I ever knew it existed before your post.

Comment

• alex
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 15, 2009

At least have the fun of setting it up, and mucking around with it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Unfortunately, I have a feeling it doesn't disassemble.

Mattel did a fantastic job IMO of repurposing Barbie stuff for BJ.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I have Prof. Obb, I need to work on finding the other 004 Spy figures.

The HQ would work very well with PACK also, I think.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Pictures?
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

Yeah, I want to see it!
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Red Hulk
                Career Member
                • Dec 19, 2012

Sounds awesome PNGwynne,I miss the days when they still made sets like that.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Glad to see someone here bought that. It was beginning to haunt me on Ebay.

I passed on it several times for the same reason - I would have to open it, but don't have the room.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

Can you post pics of the box?
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I will see if I can get pix of the box--it clearly shows the assembled HQ.

I think there is another one on evilbay right now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

The seller had the cool modular Space series BJ playset as well a few weeks earlier, but I missed out on it :-((

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎