• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Rest of DC? maybe. Marvel? not at this time

Figures Toys Products replied to 2 e-mails of mine today

Q: Are Mego 8" Marvel Comics figures possible?

A: not at this time

Q: What about rest of DC Comics caracters?

A: maybe

So Hasbro must have a secure hold on ALL Marvel figures ALL scales.

If Figures can license Batman from Warner I am sure the remaing DC Universe will not be far behind!
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Hmmmmm.....I'd like to get a new Wonder Woman, as well as Batgirl, Supergirl, Catwoman and possibly some other female figures.

I'd love to see how they do Zatanna Zatara, Black Canary, Ra's Al Ghul, etc.
    JediJaida

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

they need to get MARVEL

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

If they do a revised WW i hope its a Lynda Carter sculpt.

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

Drat! I was hoping we'd see some Marvel figures, maybe new ones that Mego never got to (X-Men *cough, cough*). Ah, well. Plenty of DC goodness that can be tapped instead!
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

Would love to see Lynda Carter series WW figures in 8" scale, maybe Reeve Superman as well. No interest personally in straight up rehashes.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes, I'd rather have TV/Movie-specific sculpts. If not, you are going to get a lot of the same characters we just had in Retro-Action. Better to wait a bit on a DC comic line. Although we do need a Teen Wonder Robin and new sculpt Joker!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                Career Member
                • Jul 30, 2012

How about Flash, Unknown Soldier, and Jonah Hex? Maybe even Alfred E. Newman.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  ^Yes, I'd rather have TV/Movie-specific sculpts. If not, you are going to get a lot of the same characters we just had in Retro-Action. Better to wait a bit on a DC comic line. Although we do need a Teen Wonder Robin and new sculpt Joker!

Chris
                  Or at least cover ground that Mattel skipped, like Hawkman, some JSAers, Doom Patrol, etc.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

I like the approach Figures.com is taking. If the Batman lines are a success, it could possibly fund other DC characters. If they do really well or super duper well, maybe Marvel/Hasbro will get on board.

The company is already being aggressive. They've shown us some great stuff. Everything looks really promising. Let's hope they get the bodies fixed and continue to show excellent sculpts with heads and accessories.

The great thing about mego figures was their playability. This is something CTVT and Mattlel have yet to duplicate or get right. Ctvt's figures are too tight and fragile to play with and Mattel's were too floppy.

EMCE and Biff Pow have gotten that part right. If Figures.com can get the bodies right and make these toys, not just figures constructed to look good on the card, then maybe this format can be popular to more folks than just the children of the 70s. And that's the only way these lines can really become a true success.

I somewhat wish Figures would have waited on the remego figures until after the first wave of 66 figures. If the bodies are bad on the remego line, there will be a wait and see mood on the 66 figures that could hurt their chances.
                    Last edited by madmarva; Apr 24, '13, 6:57 AM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

On Figures Facebook 2 posts were answeres by Figures

Make mine Marvel Mego, too? Would Disney allow this?

A: we sure hope so!

Any chance of Lynda Carter Wonder Woman and Christopher Reeve Superman figures?

A: its possible one day

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

It is great to hear nothing is being completely ruled out. Fills me with hope.

Comment

• VintageMike
                          Permanent Member
                          • Dec 16, 2004

My DC mego wishlist is bigger anyway. I'd love any Superfriends/LOD characters that haven't been tackled by Mego or RA yet. On the SF side that would be Hawkman, Black Vulcan/Black Lighting (since Vulcan was a stand in anyway), Samurai and Apache Chief. On the LOD side Brainiac, Grodd, Scarecrow, Toyman, Giganta, Solomon Grundy, and Bizarro remain.
                          If they were to do Superman, I could see some of the Supes villians making it to complete a wave. Scarecrow maybe due to his Batman affiliation if that goes well.

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Hedji
                            It is great to hear nothing is being completely ruled out. Fills me with hope.
                            that is awesome...it sounds like they will at least pursue Marvel mego's

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 22, 2011

It wouldn't surprise me if these do well if Mattel doesn't try to throw the 6 remaining RA figures out there that they refused to release.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎