Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lord Mongo
    • Mar 12, 2013

The DC WGSH future releases?

Ok we know the first wave is Bats, Robin, Joker, and Riddler..

But the question was asked and fairly avoided, given the coming Manof Steel release just about the same time as theses are supposd to come out, Doesnt that make more sense to do Superman?

IMHO jumping on the coat tails of a major motion picture release makes more marketing sense than the Batman family..

Thoughts?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

all they have is the Batman rights.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

The popular thought with so much 66 Batman merchandise hitting in the 3rd and 4th quarter is that the 66 batman DVDs will finally be released. The popularity of the show and batman in general is a known quantity.

While the Man of Steel looks promising, Batman's popularity surpassed Superman's decades ago.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

Figures Toy Company answered my e-mail

Q: Any chance of more DC Megos, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc? Marvel, too?

A: maybe

At least a maybe, so it seems Figures is pursuing more DC Mego and maybe Marvel! I want ALL WGSH reissued!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

I really want all of the WGSH reissued just as they were. Then I would love to see an extension with characters Mego never made. I have some of the original WGSH MIB in very high grade condition but unlike some others here that have originals that do not like the idea of reissues I welcome it with open arms. I have hoped for this for years now. I prefer buying reissue high quality perfect figures as opposed to the long unending search for high grade originals that I will have to pay thousands of dollars for to complete the set.

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

Originally posted by ovenmitt
            Figures Toy Company answered my e-mail

Q: Any chance of more DC Megos, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc? Marvel, too?

A: maybe

At least a maybe, so it seems Figures is pursuing more DC Mego and maybe Marvel! I want ALL WGSH reissued!
            I think the Conan and Tarzan licenses are a good indication that they would like to get ahold of more of the original WGSH and add to the lines.

I think Figures should try to get Isis in the near future. It shouldnt be to expensive, right? It's one of those Megos thats harder to find to.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I was surprised Shazam wasn't part of that initial series advertised on their carrying case. They are already making the heads. But it may be as Thunderbolt said. They may not have a full license on DC yet to do that character.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

If they do Isis, I hope she's done properly, and actually LOOKS like Joanna Cameron did back then!
                JediJaida

Comment

• browboy71
                  Museum Patron
                  • Sep 24, 2012

I'm down for an Isis figure, can't seem to find one out there for less than my college tuition.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

This time done PROPERLY! With cutoff Uhura boots, straight hair, a slightly longer skirt, as well as a removable tiara!
                    JediJaida

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

I guess Figures licensed Batman for WGSH because that covers 9 of the 21 DC WGSH characters, and both versions of Batman and Robin for 11 total figures. And Figures can make Batman characters Mego never did.

I bet Figures wanted Superman, too, but might be waiting for the Superman lawsuit to settle which has recently ruled in Warner's favor and SuperBOY, too!

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

I'm sure Batman's popularity plays a huge role too. If there's any license that's good test as to whether these will sell, this would be it.

Comment

• megomania
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          If they do Isis, I hope she's done properly, and actually LOOKS like Joanna Cameron did back then!
                          But aren't they reissuing exact MEGO replicas?

Comment

• actjac01
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 17, 2009

Yeah, I bet they'll try to stay close to the original Mego design for Isis, should they acquire the license for it. Conan & Tarzan are strong indicators of this. However, since they are releasing both the Mego version and an original 1960's version of Batman, I'm sure they would be willing to add a more accurate Isis (which I wouldn't say no to, either), if there's enough interest to support it.

This is all very exciting news!

I am really thrilled with this renaissance that CTVT/Figure Toy Company is going through! Here's hoping for quality product!
                            "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• jds1911a1
                              Alan Scott is the best GL
                              • Aug 8, 2007

I for one would love to see Figures follow the model they've done with Kiss. we need more variants of batman and robin beyond the mego reissue and 66.
                              Bring on a 30's cowl bats, a 80's Nightwing, or earth 2 robin (neil adams design), 50's new look batman, or a Neil Adams sculpted batman head. how about a 7 in titan scale robin, heck even a batman the animated series one would be cool.
                              Frank Gorshin Suited riddler wth the 45 automatic lighter

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎