X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Need help with a Twiki

My GF got me a cool twiki with the skirt not included, and while playing with him I noticed a name on the back it looks like Robert C Bell or Robert C Dell, I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the name is on there?

thanks in advance Darren
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

it's robert c dille, i believe he's the one who created the buck rogers characters.

Comment

• Ranger 3
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 25, 2007

Robert C. Dille-

From wikipedia:

Licensing rights to the Buck Rogers character was initially owned by the National Newspaper Service. The National Newspaper service became the John F. Dille Company.[citation needed]

In 1979, Leisure Concepts, Inc. (now 4Kids Ent.) as licensing agent for Robert C. Dille licensed the television series to Universal Studios which starred Gil Gerard.[citation needed]

Robert C. Dille formed The Dille Family Trust in the 1980s. Leisure Concepts no longer represents the rights to Buck Rogers.[citation needed] Lorraine Dille Williams owned TSR, Inc., publisher of the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, prior to selling the company to Wizards of the Coast. TSR published a Buck Rogers role-playing game and related products.

The Dille Family Trust has continuously owned and enforced its trademarks and copyrights to Buck Rogers, Rocket Rangers and other marks to this day. A motion picture was licensed to Walt Disney studios in the late 1990s; those rights have since reverted to the Dille Family Trust. Flint Dille represents the Dille Family Trust interests.

Mark

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎