X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Could pocket superheroes return?

Figures is making an all sculpted Barack Obama figure, so non-clothed smaller figures are evidently something they're looking at.
    If they could bring back the pocket superheroes line would you be interested? Personally, I LOVE the things, and would buy every one they made if they reproduced the originals and added new ones.
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

I might be. DCD tried it and failed.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
      Yeah...I remember those. They were horrible! The heads weren't even sculpted. They were like little barrels with faces printed on them.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

I have liked 4" DC figures since Mego PSH I had the 4 Superman characters. I have almost all Mattel DC Infinite Heroes which are what DC Direct Pocket Superheroes should have looked like. DC Direct PVC figure sets were nice and ended too soon. I am collecting DC Collectibles Injustice 4" figure 2 packs. Mattel hinted this week in April 15 q&a that it might bring back 4" DC figures! So, I do not know if figures can license 4" scale like 8" cloth which Mattel seems to have abandoned.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
          Career Member
          • Jul 30, 2012

I posted a suggestion about 3.75" scale repo figures in general on their FB page. The response was something along the lines of "we'd love to produce figures in that scale, but we have no plans at this time." I'm thinking if enough collectors start bugging them about the subject, they'll see that there's a demand for them and possibly get the ball rolling. Mattel and Hasbro seem to have a lock on the DC and Marvel license for 3.75" figures, though.

Comment

• boynightwing
            That Carl Guy
            • Apr 24, 2002

I have a couple pocket heroes but I don't really like them all that much. Even when I was a kid I couldn't understand why Robin didn't have green sleeves or why Superman's chest symbol wasn't painted right. Stuff like that.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I did some due diligence on doing 3 3/4" figures, you're looking at $5,000 in tooling per figure , then tack on manufacturing and license fees. Unless you've got a purchase order from Wal-Mart handy, that's no where near as profitable as 8" figures.

I love the format too but I'd be a) Surprised they if they did it and b) doubly surprised that Mattel doesn't have first dibs on that scale.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Probably the bendie format is open because nobody wants it

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
                  For a "failure" line, they sure released a heckload of characters. Like 60, or something crazy like that.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

It would be cool if more companies did retro figures in that scale.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I always felt DCD's Pocket Heroes were more in the vein of block figures like Mini-Mates, despite the Mego name. I liked them for what they were. The JLA table is epic.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Would love some CAH or PSH style figures.

One of the reasons I liked Mattel's 3.75 inch Crisis line was because they reminded me of them in many ways.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I loved DC's Mini Mates line. Why that line couldn't/didn't continue beyond 8 waves still baffles me.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

I would be interested. I loved them then and love them now.

- Ian
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 30, 2012

Liked the CAH line, despite the fact that each figure looked like they were doing unspeakable things with that hand not to mention taking a dump. Still have the PSH Spider-Man and Hulk.
                              Last edited by Bionicfanboy66; Apr 25, '13, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎