X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

John Lennon (1 of 4 Beatles)

As I said awhile ago on here I was working on a set of Beatles figures that have to do with the later 60s. Someone had made a set of them in their early stages and I have always felt that the Beatles in their last years made some great music. So, I thought I would give you a teaser with the John Lennon who has a minor stitching on his infamous white suit. The head sculpt and round glasses are my design. That was tricky!

I apologize for all the Starsky and Hutch (and Wotan) banter. The other four Beatles are naked and their heads are in mid sculpt.

I was going to give him a beard to mirror himself on Abbey Road but most people recognize John Lennon more like this in his later Beatles years. I wanted to go for this Beatles's era due to the fact I always see Beatles figures done in the mop top early Brian Epstein fame stages.
    After I finished this figure and gave him a beard he looked like Lennon but not the most recognizable. In fact, he actually looked like Tommy Chong or something even though the Lennon face/head was done first to his complete likeness.

SHOULD I HAVE GONE WITH A BEARD? ANYONE?

Here's the suit I worked the ideas from

Last edited by Cosmicman; Apr 20, '13, 10:25 AM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Too funny. And great headsculpt! It looks spot on! Maybe you could do a second head with a beard.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

great idea for a figure, can't wait for them all for one of your great group shots. How did you make those glasses?

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Nice !!!

With a tad of tweeking it could also be Ray Manzarek

Very nice

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
          great idea for a figure, can't wait for them all for one of your great group shots. How did you make those glasses?
          At our Hobby Lobby are we have these tiny chains (I had to spend five bucks for just five tiny pieces I needed. Now I have a craft box full of tiny chains I did not use. Oh well, maybe future John Lennon figures. Kind of like how Classic TV Toys is doing KISS. LOL)

Anyway, I had to magnify the chains and use tweezers and pull them apart and straighten them for the sides and snap one in half for the middle piece over Lennon's nose. The round pieces are just simple, they are two disconnected circles from the chains. It took a steady hand and glue and I may still alter it when I finish the Beatles. People on Beatles boards are yelling at me to put a beard on him to complete the "Abbey Road" look but I'm not out to create the whole Abbey Road look. I'm looking to do a set of the older Beatles as to the traditional younger Beatles that most people do.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Al Barrett
            Career Member
            • Aug 16, 2008

Cool...BEATLES 4 EVER

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡