PDA

View Full Version : Batman 66 Lineup

pmwasson
Apr 17, '13, 2:50 PM

http://figurestoycompany.com/images/FTC_BTV_CarryCase_ClosedCS1.jpg

I think this is a pretty good indication of who they are making. Can you make them out?

Batman & Robin
Joker
Catwoman
Penguin
Riddler
Egghead
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze
Shame ?
King Tut ?

Meule
Apr 17, '13, 2:57 PM
Yep, that's Shame and King Tut on there as well

noelani72
Apr 17, '13, 3:04 PM
Looks like you nailed it Paul - at first glance it looked like a bunch of different figs, but as I looked closer, multiple pics of the same characters.
At first glance, I thought the far bottom right pic was false face until I saw the hat and my brain went - doh, isn't mad hatter in one of those other pics..then I noticed he was in three.

Bronxboykev
Apr 17, '13, 3:09 PM
I think they mentioned Book Worm as well.

I also hope they include the Joan Collins Syren and do all 3 Cat Women Meriwether, Newmar and Kitt.

Holy 500 Posts Batman!!! Can't believe I got there lol

The Nawd
Apr 17, '13, 3:12 PM
Here are all the ones mentioned in the press release.

Batman
Robin
The Riddler
The Joker
The Penguin
Catwoman
Dick Grayson
Bruce Wayne
Egghead
King Tut
Mr. Freeze
Shame
Bookworm
Mad Hatter
Batman (with removable cowl)
Robin (with removable mask)
The Joker in prison baseball outfit
The Joker in opera outfit
The Joker in grey suit

Jason73
Apr 17, '13, 3:14 PM
So, is it true that the Batman 66 license does not include Yvonne Craig (Batgirl) likeness?

The Nawd
Apr 17, '13, 3:26 PM
Here's a quote from ovenmitt on page 9 in the Figures Toy Co. announces new licenses! thread that seems to have been overlooked.

I called Figures and was told an Yvonne Craig Batgirl will be made!

Meule
Apr 17, '13, 3:46 PM
To this date there's no deal yet on Craig's likeness

madmarva
Apr 17, '13, 4:04 PM
I'd like a batcopter with a biting shark, shark repellant spray can and round bomb

Harbingerboy
Apr 17, '13, 5:54 PM
The back of the cards show Series 1 as listed in the press release: Batman, Robin, Riddler, Joker (obscured). Series 2 is shown as Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Penguin & ? (obscured, likely Catwoman or Egghead). Can't wait to see more!

SpaceAgent
Apr 17, '13, 6:51 PM
Batgirl seems absent from both the Figures and Mattel lines, leading me to believe her likeness is not secured, at least yet.

The Toyroom
Apr 17, '13, 7:04 PM
C'mon Yvonne! Not to many more chances to get a payday like this!

toys2cool
Apr 17, '13, 7:14 PM
this will be a sweet line

Jetjungle75
Apr 18, '13, 8:36 AM
Here are all the ones mentioned in the press release.

Batman
Robin
The Riddler
The Joker
The Penguin
Catwoman
Dick Grayson
Bruce Wayne
Egghead
King Tut
Mr. Freeze
Shame
Bookworm
Mad Hatter
Batman (with removable cowl)
Robin (with removable mask)
The Joker in prison baseball outfit
The Joker in opera outfit
The Joker in grey suit

Just to be clear, all of the above are with regard to the BATMAN 66 line and have nothing to do with the Retro Batman (mego type line). Is that correct?

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 18, '13, 9:18 AM
Batgirl seems absent from both the Figures and Mattel lines, leading me to believe her likeness is not secured, at least yet.

Yeah, I think at this point, we must imply that while she is not opposed to having her likeness licensed, she didn't sign up with the initial batch.

Chris

Iron Mego
Apr 18, '13, 9:29 AM
Just to be clear, all of the above are with regard to the BATMAN 66 line and have nothing to do with the Retro Batman (mego type line). Is that correct?

Yes, these are all from the show.

The Nawd
Apr 19, '13, 5:10 PM
To this date there's no deal yet on Craig's likeness

Thanks so much for correcting me/filling me in. Not the first time I've been wrong about something and it likely won't be the last.

Yeah. That's correct. They're all from the show.

Troy
Apr 19, '13, 5:15 PM
I am so excited about this!!!!!

JediJaida
Apr 19, '13, 7:21 PM
I hope she takes the deal. Having a 1966 Batgirl figure would be fantastic!!!!

The rest of the line just wouldn't be the same without her.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 20, '13, 7:42 AM
I know the Joker is of course the most popular villain, but it surprises me they didn't throw a Riddler variation in the mix as of yet.

And has there been a statement on WHICH Catwoman we will get? I hope we get all three! Heck, I'd spring for an Astin Riddler after they get through everyone else. Put a removable mask on him, and we have instant Gomez Addams customs!

SDCC exclusive: Leslie Gore as Pussycat!:smile:

Chris

The Toyroom
Apr 20, '13, 10:14 AM
In regards to Yvonne Craig's likeness...from the 1966 Batman Message Boards:

Yes, Yvonne has been approached. Yes, she is very interested in licensing her likeness. But as of yet, they have not offered a deal that makes any sense or least fair so there is nothing currently going into production with her likeness. Until that time, any Batgirl stuff coming out is either just the costume, a non Yvonne specific illustration of Batgirl or a generic comic oriented Batgirl.

I can't talk figures at all but if you heard the offers proposed so far you'd hit your head against the desk and say you wouldn't let them do your own likeness for so little. It just doesn't make sense.

If the opportunity is missed, then it's DC/WB's fault, not hers in the end. Business is business and so far it's been pretty lame on their end.

It's not a case of her asking for what Adam or Burt are getting (for which I have no idea). It's a case of the deal itself makes no sense for the money they are offering and what they want her to sign off on in return.

Sorry, my fault for talking about the deal aspect of this. We can't discuss this any further. I just wanted you folks to know why there is no current license agreement.

Any rebuttals or inquiries about this needs to be handled via PM.

Sorry.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon. It'd be a shame to get a Nora Clavicle or Black Widow figure before we do a Batgirl.

madmarva
Apr 20, '13, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I hope this line doesn't go away before we get Batgirl like Mattel's

JediJaida
Apr 20, '13, 12:09 PM
Where was that mentioned on the Batforum? I was just there, and couldn't spot the thread in question.

The Toyroom
Apr 20, '13, 12:11 PM
^ Several different posts by Scott Sebring in the "8 & 12" figures announced!" thread.

Mego-Amigo
Apr 21, '13, 12:41 PM
Concerning the Yvonne Craig Batgirl... here is a suggestion for Figures and Mattel. Not the best idea but better than not having Batgirl in the lines... if a deal with Yvonne can't be reached before these lines die without a TV Batgirl just do a generic version since most of her head is covered by the cowl anyway. Same concept used concerning the Lugosi situation with Universal Monsters toys. Still it would be lame if WB AND 2Oth can't reach a deal with her so we can finally have an official TV Batgirl.

HardyGirl
Apr 21, '13, 2:31 PM
But that would be just like the World's Greatest Heroes release. And if all the other figures are likenesses of the TV show characters, it would be silly to release a generic Batgirl head for the 60s show.

Concerning the Yvonne Craig Batgirl... here is a suggestion for Figures and Mattel. Not the best idea but better than not having Batgirl in the lines... if a deal with Yvonne can't be reached before these lines die without a TV Batgirl just do a generic version since most of her head is covered by the cowl anyway. Same concept used concerning the Lugosi situation with Universal Monsters toys. Still it would be lame if WB AND 2Oth can't reach a deal with her so we can finally have an official TV Batgirl.

Timothy2251
Apr 21, '13, 3:02 PM
Per the list of figures they're planning to make, it'll be awhile before they get to Batgirl anyway. Plenty of time to work out the likeness rights.

Mego-Amigo
Apr 21, '13, 3:24 PM
The World's Greatest costume and the TV show costume are very different. And as for plenty of time for them to work out the likeness issues... the line may not exist by the time they get that worked out. Anyway... I just threw an idea out there as to how we could have a TV Batgirl without Yvonne's likeness if it can't be worked out.

hedrap
Apr 21, '13, 7:42 PM
Craig's holding because it's the last big payday she has coming, and the deal is probably in perpetuum, meaning forever, so her family/estate won't be able to go back to renegotiate once she's passed and it also could have some current external controls in regards to marketing materials and how she promotes herself. From WB's end they're probably posturing as if her being in only in one season make her on par with Napier, but in truth, the show built a heck of a lot around her introduction.

thunderbolt
Apr 21, '13, 7:47 PM
I'd put her below Napier on the Batfoodchain. He appeared in every or almost every episode. I honestly won't miss her too much in this line, the season 3 episodes were really weak for the most part.

EMCE Hammer
Apr 21, '13, 7:59 PM
I'm more concerned about the costume, and having any version made. It could be Anthony Balasco's niece as 66 TV Batgirl for all I care, if it's a choice between something like that or nothing.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 22, '13, 5:09 AM
The license seems to include the TV Batgirl's costume, but not Craig's likeness. Hence the Rubies Halloween costume.

Honestly a generic Batgirl would be easy enough to pull off, BUT could it be a legal sticking point, opening companies up to Craig saying it looked TOO MUCH like her, unofficially?

Chris

MIB41
Apr 22, '13, 5:52 AM
Pretty sad that after a virtual life time's worth of bickering over licensing fees by the cast, Yvonne Craig would be the one last stick in the mud in all this. I guess vanity and greed can follow you into Medicare age as well.

The Toyroom
Apr 22, '13, 6:19 AM
I don't understand what makes Yvonne, in essence, think that she's better than Adam, Burt or Julie who have all signed off on their likenesses. I don't pretend to know what's all involved or what the monetary aspects are but if your fellow living costars who are just as important as you (Julie) or more important and crucial than you (Adam/Burt) have gone along with these deals, what does she hope to accomplish by being a hold out?

MIB41
Apr 22, '13, 7:20 AM
^^^ Attention. Plain and simple. She can't get past the fact she was in the series as little more than a glorified cameo during what is arguably the worst creative period for the show. If they never make a figure in her likeness, I won't shed a tear over it. Put the costume on another pretty face and let's move on. She was superficial and seems to be stuck in the role to this day.

The Toyroom
Apr 22, '13, 7:34 AM
Well I don't know if I'd say her role was a "glorified cameo" or "superficial"...She was in EVERY episode of Season 3 and was a major focus of that final season. Now granted I know she's not everyone's cup of tea and many people feel that Season 3 was horrible creatively. But this isn't about individual seasons or episodes anymore. It's about celebrating the entire series. I am NOT a fan of the Black Widow for example but if every other major villain ends up getting made and she doesn't I'll feel a bit cheated :smiley1: So by the same token, in fact, even more so, if Season 3 gets represented by Louie the Lilac, The Siren, Dr Cassandra, the Eartha Kitt Catwoman and we don't get the 3rd part of The Terrific Trio I will feel cheated. Heck, a Yvonne Craig Batgirl could successfully lead an entire wave of Season 3 figures. Add on a Barbara Gordon figure too if that will help sweeten the deal somehow.

The Toyroom
Apr 22, '13, 7:36 AM
And let's face it...They're ALL stuck in the roles to this day. Adam West IS Batman, Burt Ward IS Robin, Julie Newmar IS Catwoman, etc. With the exception of Burgess Meredith and Vincent Price I don't think anyone else has really done anything as iconic as what they did on "Batman" :yeah:

JediJaida
Apr 22, '13, 7:43 AM
I hate to seem ignorant, but what's with all of the negativity toward Yvonne?

Since we don't have any details as to what kind of money she was offered, how is she now being perceived as being greedy and entitled?

Gorn Captain
Apr 22, '13, 7:56 AM
Let's just focus on all the characters that we are getting, and that we probably thought would never get at all.
The glass isn't just half full, it's 90% full at this stage. Full enough to get totally drunk on Batman 66 figures...

JediJaida
Apr 22, '13, 8:17 AM
90% full of 90 proof rum!!! Now you're talking!

batfriend
Apr 22, '13, 8:59 AM
Wow folks,

How off base and rude can some be about Yvonne in regards to this proposed licensing deal. I won't even share some of the e-mails I got about this general subject by anxious and disappointed fans but YOWSERS! Lol.

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Scott Sebring and I run the 1966 Batman Message Board and for the past five or so years I have been Yvonne's personal web master. Last month, I had lunch with her and her sister Meridel (two of the sweetest people I know) and the subject about licensing came up because I was curious as to whether or not we were going to see some TV Batgirl merchandise. She told me that she had been contacted by somebody from the WB/DC merchandising department and she went on to tell me the deal that they proposed. My jaw dropped and my face stung for her because it felt like a slap in the face. At first. I thought she was kidding but she was not. I cannot reveal the exact details and numbers but I will try to illustrate the best I can without stepping out of bounds. Essentially, WB/DC wants to pay her for the use her likeness in perpetuity, that is to say forever for whatever product they want to license out, on any planet anywhere in the universe. That part is no exaggeration. The money offered was a one time fee that was for what I would dare to say is less than some of you would make in a week and possibly less than some of you might make in two weeks at your day job. Less than most appearance fees. Less than I would accept for somebody telling me that they wanted to make money off my likeness forever on anything and anywhere and I don't even warrant having one to offer. I have no idea what Adam, Burt or Julie agreed to or were offered or eventually settled on and that really isn't the point here. Yvonne does NOT deem herself more important or just as important as the dynamic duo. She can only account for herself and her personal affairs in business decisions. Yvonne told the person from WB/DC that the deal made no sense for what they wanted in comparison to what they offered. Yvonne has done licensing deals in the past and present for characters such as Marta from Star Trek that at least made sense as to the length of the time for the licensing and the type of product that would be made as well as the money offered for such a deal at least. She would like to have product out there for fans and collectors but it needs to make a little more sense than what has been proposed to her. She's not trying to be a big hold out or a scrooge. She's simply trying to work out something that makes sense that she may be signing off forever. I told her at the table that as much of a fan as I am and as much as I would LOVE to see some action figures of her finally out, I couldn't see her agreeing to such a small and insulting amount for the returned agreement from her at the cost of what they seek from it. If this doesn't go through, I feel the burden and blame would be on WB/DC and not her.

Now, I know where most of the negativity about this sort of thing stems from and I'm going to be blunt. It comes down to "I want my..." and generally pays no consideration as to cost to the human on the other end. Many "fans" try to shame their so called idols into trying to get what they want with such things as " We put them where they are today", "They're being greedy" "How dare they" and "They should be thinking about the legacy" sort of stuff. There's probably a certain amount of truth in there in some cases out there but by no means should any of us feel entitled to have anyone make a bad business move that lasts forever if they are not comfortable with it. If you're upset or disappointed, I can understand but please be more considerate and polite before we start pointing fingers at who is being greedy, entitled or selfish.

I do not mean any disrespect here to anybody personally but some of the comments here I feel were unwarranted, disrespectful and unfair by those who have no clue what is actually going on behind the scenes. My apologies to any noses I might have bent in the process.

Hopefully, something will pan out and we can all be talking about the awesome collectibles we'll have.

BTW, I did do some coverage at a launch party in Hollywood a few weeks ago for the Classic TV Batman line.
Check out my blog for pics and a couple details: http://www.scottsebring.com/?p=938

boss
Apr 22, '13, 10:14 AM
as far as I can tell there has only been one person in this thread with negative comments, and whether we agree or disagree they are entitled to their opinion (for the record, I disagree). Welcome to the forums. Let's try to keep things positive!

batfriend
Apr 22, '13, 10:22 AM
as far as I can tell there has only been one person in this thread with negative comments, and whether we agree or disagree they are entitled to their opinion (for the record, I disagree).

Agreed. I just felt I could add some perspective as an informed source and as a personal fan. At the same time, I didn't want to single anybody out nor did I intend to accuse the lot. So once again, my apologies if anybody felt their own nose bent from my post.

Let's try to keep things positive!
Whole heartily agree! This is a fun and exciting time!

pmwasson
Apr 22, '13, 10:28 AM
BTW, I did do some coverage at a launch party in Hollywood a few weeks ago for the Classic TV Batman line.
Check out my blog for pics and a couple details: http://www.scottsebring.com/?p=938

Great pictures! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

MIB41
Apr 22, '13, 10:38 AM
Now, I know where most of the negativity about this sort of thing stems from and I'm going to be blunt. It comes down to "I want my..." and generally pays no consideration as to cost to the human on the other end. Many "fans" try to shame their so called idols into trying to get what they want with such things as " We put them where they are today", "They're being greedy" "How dare they" and "They should be thinking about the legacy" sort of stuff. There's probably a certain amount of truth in there in some cases out there but by no means should any of us feel entitled to have anyone make a bad business move that lasts forever if they are not comfortable with it. If you're upset or disappointed, I can understand but please be more considerate and polite before we start pointing fingers at who is being greedy, entitled or selfish.

I do not mean any disrespect here to anybody personally but some of the comments here I feel were unwarranted, disrespectful and unfair by those who have no clue what is actually going on behind the scenes. My apologies to any noses I might have bent in the process.

Hopefully, something will pan out and we can all be talking about the awesome collectibles we'll have.

I have no problem taking the blunt of that accusation since I'm the one who said what I did. So no need to be coy as to whom YOU'RE pointing the finger at Scott. I'm happy to take it and talk about your OWN presumptions. First of all, I don't want anything from Yvonne, including a doll that looks just like her. Anyone can wear that outfit. I've worked in the convention business for 15 straight years and I've had more than my fill of these personalities that last made news forty plus years ago. These people can do ridiculously well off autograph signings if they have a good agent who can gauge demand. With a good agent they come in with a guarantee take for the weekend and the convention assumes all the risk whether anyone shows up or not. So before you cry us a river about what Yvonne is supposedly getting "screwed" on here, let's broaden the scope to see where she does make the money. And since when does being her "personal web master" have a thing to do with being her agent? Why on earth would she tell you such things unless your just a tool for her to flood the net with her position? I would never discuss contract negotiations with someone in your position. I can only assume her agent must not have a good head for business, because the major players are accounted for and the product is getting made. What is Yvonne getting? NOTHING. What will people be willing to give her if the license doesn't go as as hoped? NOTHING. So maybe the reality didn't meet with her expectations. But I can assure you holding out for more when this market will be saturated in product in a few months is not the way to get there. All I'm saying is she is the lone hold out and it makes her position look awkward. Because people who make this product can work around her likeness and the funny thing is most consumers will NEVER notice. So if she doesn't want another free check, don't take it. She'll make that up when the DVD box set eventually hits and she can take it out on the fans and charge them whatever she thinks she can get. That's the cold hard truth of it.

palitoy
Apr 22, '13, 10:40 AM
Scott, Welcome.

I'm not interested in the line unless Yvonne is involved, hope she works it out.

huedell
Apr 22, '13, 10:40 AM
Just a general statement in regard to the "DC/WB" scenario batfriend brings up... I imagine that it's hard to swallow any offer that's even remotely insulting considering the financial resources of who is in charge of making the offer. I think about what the actress who popularized Batgirl has done for the DCU franchise, and the mind fairly reels.

Gorn Captain
Apr 22, '13, 11:18 AM
If the quality is there, I'll collect the line, with or without Batgirl. I mean, it would be cool to have the figure included, but there's plenty more to be happy with.
In the end, it's still just a plastic toy, and we're all adults.
Can we just rewind and go back to "this is the best thing ever!!!!!"....

MIB41
Apr 22, '13, 11:47 AM
^^^ I'm all for that Gorn. Yvonne is going to be 76 years old next month. If she hasn't made enough money off the Batgirl role in her lifetime and can't see clear to sign her permission to have a little bit of product made for fans who have championed her role and paid for her little signature for over 40 years, then I see no point in discussing it further. It's a little bit of immortality she'll miss out for herself and those who liked her in the role. Because in the end, she can't take it with her. Now...

ISN'T IT GREAT TO HAVE THIS '66 BATMAN LICENSE?! :grin:

Werewolf
Apr 22, '13, 11:53 AM
I hope it all works out. It line won't be as much fun without Batgirl figures.

batfriend
Apr 22, '13, 11:53 AM
And since when does being her "personal web master" have a thing to do with being her agent?
I'm not, but I am somebody who she does trust to talk to and I asked her if there was something I could post over on my forum site for the curious because there was some serious confusion and debate as to whether or not she was even approached. Granted, I feel I have said too much over time about this for the sake of some understanding and clarity but not enough to where this deal could get buried over it.

Why on earth would she tell you such things unless your just a tool for her to flood the net with her position? I would never discuss contract negotiations with someone in your position.
Although I'm far free from being a tool at times, I'm hardly her tool or anybody else's. I wouldn't expect you to talk to somebody in my position but when Yvonne, Meridel and I talked, it was hardly in relation to my position. I'm not directly involved in her negotiations, just a friend at that point and somebody who got it and I told her that I felt it was relevant to let some of the folks know what was up.

Nobody is crying or expecting somebody to cry over it. At the same time, I still found it rude and dismissive to some of the comments I found here and spoke my mind as you and others have spoken theirs. And please don't mistake my ill attempt at some sort of diplomacy as intending to be or come across as coy. The written language sucks for this sort of thing (maybe I need more emocons). A phone call would have been so much easier and less messy in the end. lol

Just saying. That's the not so cold and simple truth of it.

batfriend
Apr 22, '13, 12:02 PM
ISN'T IT GREAT TO HAVE THIS '66 BATMAN LICENSE?! :grin:

Yes! Btw, I hadn't seen this post while I was typing up the one I just posted.

Really, no ill will and no worries.

Let's have fun!

HardyGirl
Apr 22, '13, 12:13 PM
Welcome Scott. I was lucky enough to meet Yvonne at Wondercon a few years ago. She was super nice, and loved the story I told her about the Batcave and figures I customed for a kid I used to babysit. I watched her w/ her fans and she seemed genuinely gracious and grateful for the fans. I would only want what is fair to Yvonne and the line. We don't know how long Yvonne is going to be w/ us, and if DC/WB wants to use her likeness for the rest of her life, (and onward after she passes), then they need to be prepared to give her a fair price.

hedrap
Apr 22, '13, 12:20 PM
Scott - so in other words, you could have just pointed to what I wrote and replied "that is correct".

Otherwise, I have no idea what you wrote has any significance other than to play white knight.

She's holding out because of en perpetuity. I wrote that. I get that. So did everyone here. No one is knocking her to get the best deal.

Don't come by knocking people because someone here sent you a link.

starsky
Apr 22, '13, 12:58 PM
great discussion folks.

The Toyroom
Apr 22, '13, 1:03 PM
I hope everyone is able to come to some sort of agreement. It's been too long that this TV show has been held up because of behind the scenes bickering
in regards to the rights and such. Now that it's finally come to fruition, it'd be nice to see everyone involved get "A Piece of the Action".

MIB41
Apr 22, '13, 1:57 PM
Nobody is crying or expecting somebody to cry over it. At the same time, I still found it rude and dismissive to some of the comments I found here and spoke my mind as you and others have spoken theirs. And please don't mistake my ill attempt at some sort of diplomacy as intending to be or come across as coy. The written language sucks for this sort of thing (maybe I need more emocons). A phone call would have been so much easier and less messy in the end. lol
Just saying. That's the not so cold and simple truth of it.

Let me just add one additional point to clarify where I'm coming from. When you work conventions for as long as I have, you begin to see patterns of behavior for personalities. Working with them is much different from meeting them, because you see them in all their various moods, voicing opinions not always intended for public consumption. And their as human as we are, so an ample degree of understanding should be handed to them as we would anyone else in our lives. I don't expect them to be perfect. If anything it's comforting to hear a superlative come from an iconic face. For me it grounds them. But where I see the rub is in the convention experience itself. Especially the big ones where you have a slew of guests. It's not a very dignified experience. These people are lined up, often behind folding tables, like horses in stalls. And that's why as a fan you never know whether your experience with one of these people will be good or bad. And I've personally seen Yvonne in places I wouldn't go to regardless of the asking price to get me there.

But... BUT... these personalities go there anyway because the money is good. Oftentimes it's so lucrative, the money dwarfs anything they made in their professional heyday. So there's a sell out aspect to the convention experience. And that sell out doesn't permit them to retain the public dignity the money affords them in their private lives. So when you see a celebrity who is indignant or money hungry, that's usually why. They can't reconcile the two. They want the money, but they also want to be considered just as relevant as they ever were, even though the money they make no longer comes from that profession. So as degrading as some of these conventions can surely be, it is my opinion that as personalities (and no longer actors) these individuals should be grateful to have such a lucrative income coming from people who just want to say "Hi".

And while I certainly have more than a fleeting respect for Yvonne and those who are fans of her Batgirl role, I really have to ask myself how hard nosed I would personally be if I had lived my whole life making all sorts of money off this image and then denied the fans (who gave me this lifestyle) the enjoyment of having product to celebrate me even further. I think the entitlement clause creeps into that decision if I say no to the deal. Because how much money is enough at this point? If she was 25 or 30 years old, maybe there are considerations to my career and future earnings. But not at 76. If she takes it a little 'on the chin' so fans can have some of that product, so be it. What is really lost here? Only what she says 'no' to at this point. I think you have to look at the sum total of what you've reaped from this and not just one contract that will not nearly enrich you (under the best of conditions) as what the fans have done throughout your life.

enyawd72
Apr 22, '13, 2:10 PM
I'm not too worried about Batgirl. They can do it without her likeness for all I care. All you see is her mouth anyway. Long as they use the show costume, I'm good.

Remco Monster
Apr 22, '13, 3:49 PM
A Batgirl will be very sorely missed.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 22, '13, 6:57 PM
I will miss Yvonne's Batgirl if a deal is never reached. But, it's her likeness, to do with, or not, as she pleases.

As long as West and Ward agreed, the line was going to go forward, and it has. And I'm in for as much as I can swing, if it looks good.

Chris

Figuremod73
Apr 22, '13, 7:15 PM
Hope they can work something out with her. I just hope the fairness comes from both sides.

Hedji
Apr 22, '13, 7:42 PM
I hope that time permits a deal to be made. My fear is that the one and only opportunity has passed, and the figure lines are just planning around her absence. The time to strike a deal is now.

Gorn Captain
Apr 23, '13, 3:54 AM
I will however be upset if no Batpoles are included....:wink:

thunderbolt
Apr 23, '13, 4:37 AM
Out of all the figures shown and listed by companies, Yvonne seems to be the only major hold out. The only main characters not mentioned are civilians like Stafford Repp, Neil Hamilton, Madge Blake or Alan Napier.

Harbingerboy
Apr 23, '13, 10:09 AM
Thanks for relaying that to the fans, Scott. I sure hope something fair can be worked out, all of this amazing Batman '66 stuff will just be incomplete IMO without Yvonne's Batgirl. Very disappointing on Warner/DC's part.

rchatlin
Apr 23, '13, 5:05 PM
Not directly tied to the new figures, but a big part of the Batman '66 legacy.

r
o
b

DaBillmann
Jun 9, '13, 2:47 PM
As for myself, I wil lbe really disapointed if they are unable to include an Yvonne Craig Batgirl.

But, that COULD be because she was my first big childhood crush. LOL

DaBillmann
Jun 11, '13, 10:04 PM
This might sound silly, especially at twenty five bucks a pop, but, i would also like to see henchmen figures. Waht good is a Bat fight without henchmen? and, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, and King tut, at the very least, had standard uniforms for their henchmen, so for thsoe they could just do a generic and not pay the licensing.

tllgn
Jun 11, '13, 10:27 PM
i would love to see Yvonne Craig batgirl ,i always thought she was cute ,got to meet her once years ago at, i think rose con in the 80s,very sweet classy
lady.

thunderbolt
Jun 12, '13, 3:19 AM
This might sound silly, especially at twenty five bucks a pop, but, i would also like to see henchmen figures. Waht good is a Bat fight without henchmen? and, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, and King tut, at the very least, had standard uniforms for their henchmen, so for thsoe they could just do a generic and not pay the licensing.

For the Joker, Catwoman, and Penguin's henchmen, CTVT could just produce generic clothes for them. Riddler's changed every episode, so it could probably be done with what CTVT has on hand.

Chris
Jun 12, '13, 7:14 AM
I'm not too worried about Batgirl. They can do it without her likeness for all I care. All you see is her mouth anyway. Long as they use the show costume, I'm good.

Agreed. If Figures creates the costume we'll make our own version. If Figures doesn't create the costume we'll still make our own version. Life is too short.

THE FALCON
Jul 25, '13, 8:50 AM
OMG! I can't wait for these! That Joker head sculpt is awesome!

Boywonder0
Jul 25, '13, 8:00 PM
OMG! I can't wait for these! That Joker head sculpt is awesome!

Link please!

houseofdracula
Jul 26, '13, 8:26 AM
Link please!

http://figurestoycompany.com/classictvbatmanactionfiguresseries1.aspx