PDA

View Full Version : Egghead and Romero Joker proto roto sculpts - painted samples!

EMCE Hammer
Apr 17, '13, 1:51 PM
Check these out - note they even capture the detail of Romero's mustache. Looking good!

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/5/3/sculpts.png

megoscott
Apr 17, '13, 1:53 PM
Holy Guacamole!

pmwasson
Apr 17, '13, 1:53 PM
Wow! I love them!

Figuremod73
Apr 17, '13, 1:54 PM
Nice! I'm guessing this is the 12'', I hope the 8 inch looks as good. That some nice sculpting on these.

MEGOMAN
Apr 17, '13, 2:00 PM
The head sculpts are really nice. I hope that Figures Toy Company continues like this!

megowgsh
Apr 17, '13, 2:00 PM
Love that you can see Romero's mustache! He refused to shave it off for the show. LOL

noelani72
Apr 17, '13, 2:04 PM
OMG thanks for posting!
I have learned the same sculptor who did the KISS Dressed to Kill figures also sculpted the 66 Bats lineup as well as Evel.
An invitation was given to him to come join here :-)

Iron Mego
Apr 17, '13, 2:08 PM
Those are crazy good!

Donkey Hoatie
Apr 17, '13, 2:13 PM
These are stunningly awesome. Looks just like the characters on the show. Very well done.

ScottA
Apr 17, '13, 2:19 PM
Holy craptastic!!

mego73
I am guessing it is the same sculpt for both sizes and they shrink them for 8"

Nice! I'm guessing this is the 12'', I hope the 8 inch looks as good. That some nice sculpting on these.

Earth 2 Chris
Wow, those are NICE. I'm getting more and more excited, and less nervous about all of this.

Chris

nobody
Apr 17, '13, 2:24 PM
That Joker is out of the ballpark!

noelani72
Apr 17, '13, 2:27 PM
anyone following any 66 Bats boards - curious what their comments are thus far.
Surely they are excited.

David Lee
Apr 17, '13, 2:28 PM
Holy Guacamole!

[mumbles] Stole my line...

But WoW!

Dave

Brown Bear
Apr 17, '13, 2:31 PM
These sculpts look to be as good or better than what I've seen in other remego lines of late. Hats off!!

Werewolf
Apr 17, '13, 2:32 PM
Wow! Those are really sharp. I am so getting these instead of the Mattel figures.

megojim
Apr 17, '13, 2:33 PM
cha-ching!!

Iron Mego
Apr 17, '13, 2:34 PM
These sculpts look to be as good or better than what I've seen in other remego lines of late. Hats off!!

I'm going to have to agree with this.

pmwasson
Apr 17, '13, 2:38 PM
Wow! Those are really sharp. I am so getting these instead of the Mattel figures.
I was about to pre-order the Mattel figures, but I'm with you now!

Meule
Apr 17, '13, 2:52 PM
I'm sold!!! These are superfantastic. And they even thought of Cesar's moustache, that's awesome

SeattleEd
Apr 17, '13, 3:05 PM
I'm in for sure now. Finally to have a Romero Joker 8" scale. Now bring on Catwoman and Batgirl...OH YEAH!

SeattleEd
Apr 17, '13, 3:06 PM
I was about to pre-order the Mattel figures, but I'm with you now!

Ditto. I just cancelled my pre-order and going both feet first with this line.

rche
Apr 17, '13, 3:06 PM
Zapp! Very nice.

Jason73
Apr 17, '13, 3:07 PM
I'm in too. This really steals the thunder from Mattel.

kerowack
Apr 17, '13, 3:19 PM
I'll still be getting the Mattel, but if they announce a playset or a batmobile, I'll probably drop that preorder.

David Lee
Apr 17, '13, 3:19 PM
I'm in too. This really steals the thunder from Mattel.

Mattel looks amateurish at best... their figures look wonky and cost almost as much?! I was rooting for CTVT's before? but after seeing these sculpts I feel like they are gonna do just fine. The fact that they can get excellent looking sculpts in the right size, invest in tooling for boots and accessories, and consistantly deliver... is taking them from joke to the best 8 inch company out there. The wild card is that body, but even if it's just marginal? only the die hards will care. If it's better? They will be undoubtedly the Champs! and set up to dwarf all others...

Dave

The Toyroom
Apr 17, '13, 3:20 PM
I am officially Bat-Broke...

PNGwynne
Apr 17, '13, 3:24 PM
Eggs-ellent!

Goblin19
Apr 17, '13, 3:35 PM
Those are great.

Captain
Apr 17, '13, 3:37 PM
Dang. Anyone know who the sculptor is?

madmarva
Mattel who?

Captain
Amazing work

palitoy
Apr 17, '13, 3:42 PM
I'm not fond of Egghead but I plan to buy several to make Vincent Price Mego dolls. Hello Frightenstein narrator and Doctor Phibes......

JediJaida
Apr 17, '13, 3:44 PM
Now THAT is what I call a Joker!!!

It completely captures his look when he was in the makeup, right down to the whites of his eyes, the barely seen mustache, and the thick red lips.

Perfect!

Now, bring on Frank Gorshin and Burgess Meredith!

noelani72
Apr 17, '13, 3:45 PM
Dang. Anyone know who the sculptor is?

Yes, he gave me permission to let everyone know.
Danny "The Farrow" Anniello

I've extended an invitation to join the boards - says he is getting lots of PMs and kudos...
as our chat progressed today, he's a mego fan too - so I tossed an invite to Mego Meet his way as well. :-)

jwyblejr
Apr 17, '13, 3:48 PM
I think my focus is going to be mainly on these.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 17, '13, 3:52 PM
Man, Mattel's line is in trouble. The biggest fans of this license are also fans of the toys of the 60s and 70s, when the show was in HEAVY syndication. With excellent headsculpts like these, and figures produced in the nostalgic format that most of the diehard fans prefer, the modern 6" figures are going to be the also-rans, not the other way around.

Chris

pmwasson
Apr 17, '13, 3:59 PM
Yes, he gave me permission to let everyone know.
Danny "The Farrow" Anniello

I've extended an invitation to join the boards - says he is getting lots of PMs and kudos...
as our chat progressed today, he's a mego fan too - so I tossed an invite to Mego Meet his way as well. :-)

I wonder if he's sculpting the Evel Knievel line as well:

PNGwynne
Apr 17, '13, 4:02 PM
Not fond of Egghead!?

noelani72
Apr 17, '13, 4:03 PM
I wonder if he's sculpting the Evel Knievel line as well:

he is - but with sculpted hair.

nobody
Apr 17, '13, 4:10 PM
He could be alil eggier.

Iron Mego
Apr 17, '13, 4:41 PM
he is - but with sculpted hair.

Sculpted hair is so much better for male figures, IMHO. Otherwise they look like crazy Ken dolls. :)

drogge
Apr 17, '13, 4:57 PM
I dig the way Classic Toys is sharing so much, so soon. I just can't get enough. Those head sculpts are so precise and lifelike. WOW. Just when I gave up hope on new Megos, great news comes my way. I am so curious if Classic Toys is going to extend the Re-Mego line to add some new unleased figures. If the Re-Mego line is just Batman centric with only reproductions, the line will be over quickly.

CaptainTrenchcoat
Apr 17, '13, 5:06 PM
I dig the way Classic Toys is sharing so much, so soon. I just can't get enough. Those head sculpts are so precise and lifelike. WOW. Just when I gave up hope on new Megos, great news comes my way. I am so curious if Classic Toys is going to extend the Re-Mego line to add some new unleased figures. If the Re-Mego line is just Batman centric with only reproductions, the line will be over quickly.

I love that too. No company should make an announcement as to having a new license without sharing a promo pic. I hate that it takes months at times to even see the first pic.

Iron Mego
Apr 17, '13, 5:12 PM
I missed that pic of Evel. That hair actually looks really good. Is this the proto?

pmwasson
Apr 17, '13, 5:18 PM
I missed that pic of Evel. That hair actually looks really good. Is this the proto?
Its not the proto, but its by the same sculptor so its probably close.

thunderbolt
Apr 17, '13, 5:19 PM
where do I send my pile of money??

Nostalgiabuff
Apr 17, '13, 5:24 PM
thos look amazing, if the final product looks this good I have to have them

enyawd72
Apr 17, '13, 5:33 PM
ThanKss FFigures mykkeyboarrd is nowFFullll ofdroooll.

GaryPlaysWithDolls
Apr 17, '13, 5:38 PM
Neat! I can't wait to see more!

MIB41
Apr 17, '13, 5:57 PM
:smiley1: Lovin' it. Like I said. Blood in the water. There will be lots of losers in this license. People will gravitate towards what they deem best and prices will be extreme on everything, the rest will suffer.

garfoot
Apr 17, '13, 6:15 PM
I was on the fence to buy Mattel '66 or wait to see what Figures had, with the pictures of the prototypes the choice has been made for me. Sorry Mattel, preorders cancelled. Mattel's kinda look like the actors, but these are spot on, well done!!! It looks like this company went from worst to first in my book on 8" figures. Sign me up for the retro Batman and the 1966 Batman. Time to make some space in the old Batcave for these gems. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift.

hedrap
Apr 17, '13, 6:15 PM

whatthemansaid...

HumanWolfman
Apr 17, '13, 6:29 PM
Good Lord! Now that is good!

The Toyroom
Apr 17, '13, 6:31 PM
Yeah I don't think I'm going to be actively collecting the Mattel line. These 8" figures are what I have imagined since the age of 5.

piecemaker
Apr 17, '13, 7:24 PM
Those look Perfect!!!

Random Axe
Apr 17, '13, 7:34 PM
Ya know, a 25 dollar price point no longer seems excessive...

kingdom warrior
Apr 17, '13, 8:17 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

megocrazy
Apr 17, '13, 8:25 PM

Unfortunately that seems to be the max price though for recent releases. At least to keep the line going long term. Either way I expect to see at least a couple of lines if this is the kind of quality they are producing. These sculpts look great. I too guess these are 12" heads so we'll see how they translate into 1/9 scale but tough to argue that they seemed to have cleaned up their act a bit. I'm looking forward to seeing some others now. Burgess Meredith Penguin, Catwoman 3 pack perhaps. Well we've seen EMCE and BBP put out a better quality product than Mattel in the 1/9 scale, even though ZICA and CAW aren't currently producing any licensed stuff they too produced a better end product and it looks like CTVT is gonna drop em down another notch. Goes to show how little effort they actually put into those Retro Action figures. I would much rather see these figures than remakes.

MIB41
Apr 17, '13, 8:26 PM
Yes. That is impressive ... :grin:

torgospizza
Apr 17, '13, 8:46 PM
That Joker is high-end level good. Seriously, I'm blown away by the quality of that sculpt.

HardyGirl
Apr 17, '13, 9:17 PM
Wow! Those look so real! I will most likely not be getting the '66 Joker since I already have a Cesar Romero head on a FF body. But that may change.

fallensaviour
Apr 17, '13, 9:27 PM
Stupid good!!!
These look fan freaking-tasic!!!
I just cancelled all my comics this is where all my cash is going this year and the next few!!! :drool_y:

mego maniac mark
Apr 17, '13, 10:37 PM
Those look great! I will need another job

DocDrako
Apr 17, '13, 10:45 PM
Every time I try to escape, something new pulls me back in. Freaking awesome. That Joker WILL be mine.

:wall:

Mego-Amigo
Apr 17, '13, 10:58 PM
It's my guess that if the Retro Batman line sells well enough they will go after other DC licenses to compliment the Batman line. As for the Mattel '66 Batman figures... I would like to get them as well as Figures '66 Batman. I just feel like Mattel already is making a mistake by releasing so many silly versions of Batman before they even release figures of Batgirl and Catwoman.

wilbs518
Apr 17, '13, 11:01 PM
Holy Awesome, Batman!

Mikey
Apr 17, '13, 11:30 PM
Impressive !!!!!!!!!

ctc
Apr 18, '13, 3:34 AM
>Hello Frightenstein narrator and Doctor Phibes......

No Vincent VanGhoul?

Don C.

The Toyroom
Apr 18, '13, 5:11 AM
>Hello Frightenstein narrator and Doctor Phibes......

No Vincent VanGhoul?

Don C.
Or a Professor Whitehead for your "Brady Bunch" figures?

ctc
Apr 18, '13, 5:29 AM
>Or a Professor Whitehead for your "Brady Bunch" figures?

Oh Yeah!

....now I'm gonna hafta buy a BUNCH of 'em.

Don C.

sprytel
Apr 19, '13, 1:50 PM
Wow, those sculpts certainly set the bar high. I'm hopeful the costume will be done with that same attention to detail.

The Nawd
Apr 19, '13, 5:15 PM
WOW! Those are some amazing sculpts.

trekman101
Apr 21, '13, 12:53 PM
WOW....they look great .......... I just hope the bodies aren't a let down

Blue Meanie
May 14, '13, 10:02 PM
I didn't go through all the posts...are these sculpts for 8 inch or 12 inch scale?

BTW, I priced out a case of 12 from my comic store and he gave me a price of $300 + shipping...that's about $25 - $27 per figure. I'll pass on the first wave at that price...but if they get to a second wave and it is new figure in the line like these 2...I'm in for at least 2 cases. Can't see spending $300 for a case of figures that are just rehashed Megos. At least when Diamond did the Treks, even though they were Remego, they were about half that price wholesale to comic stores...and they were better quality then what CTVT figures have been in the past.

GlobalObserver
May 14, '13, 10:30 PM
Coupon code: uxc8 for 8% off your total order. Just used this code and it worked.

1 @ $262.50 = $262.50

SUB TOTAL: $241.50
SHIPPING: $6.95
TAX: $0.00
GRAND TOTAL: $248.45

248.45 divided by 12 = $20.70 each shipped!

http://www.dcbservice.com/product.aspx?id=409349

boss
May 15, '13, 8:29 AM
I didn't go through all the posts...are these sculpts for 8 inch or 12 inch scale?

BTW, I priced out a case of 12 from my comic store and he gave me a price of $300 + shipping...that's about $25 - $27 per figure. I'll pass on the first wave at that price...but if they get to a second wave and it is new figure in the line like these 2...I'm in for at least 2 cases. Can't see spending $300 for a case of figures that are just rehashed Megos. At least when Diamond did the Treks, even though they were Remego, they were about half that price wholesale to comic stores...and they were better quality then what CTVT figures have been in the past.

I'm pretty sure these are 12" prototypes.

Also, were you pricing out the retro figures or the 66 Batman figures? I don't think pricing for the 66 figures is out yet. The prices GlobalObserver is quoting is for the retro stuff.