PDA

View Full Version : Wave one of the Batman Retros are up for Pre-Order at Figures Toy

EMCE Hammer
Apr 17, '13, 1:47 PM
Things are moving right along:

http://figurestoycompany.com/retrobatmanactionfiguresseries1.aspx

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/5/3/figurespreorder.jpg

Figuremod73
Apr 17, '13, 1:57 PM
Looking at the carrying case and its price, I thought maybe this would be better with a custom made cover. I'm assuming that the front covers can be removed.

http://figurestoycompany.com/wrestlingactionfigureandgearcarryingcase.aspx

Bronxboykev
Apr 17, '13, 1:59 PM
Just got an e mail and a face book link. the pre order is up on their home page. $24.99 each the set of 4 for $99.99

I JUST ORDERED A SET OF 4 FOR MYSELF AND MY BROTHER!

http://figurestoycompany.com/

Hedji
Apr 17, '13, 2:00 PM
Do they charge your credit card right away on the preorder?

JimCem99
Apr 17, '13, 2:08 PM
Do they charge your credit card right away on the preorder?

This is what's on their FB page:

Batman Retro Action Figures Series 1 is now available for pre-order! Release date is approximately August but is subject to change. Pre-Order now to make sure that you don't miss out on this series! (FYI your card is not charged until we are ready to ship your order!)

Hedji
Apr 17, '13, 2:10 PM
Ah, thank you. Then I will pre-order now.

JimCem99
Apr 17, '13, 2:11 PM
You're welcome. And me too. Can't believe these are happening! :grin:

boss
Apr 17, '13, 2:20 PM
The carrying case intrigues me. My guess is that is the breadth of their Batman WGSH line. I'm confused by the Mego Catwoman and Batgirl figures and the 66 Catwoman and Batgirl pictures.

Bionicfanboy66
Apr 18, '13, 6:18 AM
Looks like I'll finally have a shot at getting Mego Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson figures. Missed out on them in '74.

bobws
Apr 18, '13, 6:54 AM
How did they get the DC line? Doc why didn't you get that?

Capt_Kirk
Apr 18, '13, 7:05 AM
They are also at Entertainment earth "a little cheaper priced"
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FIG22966AA

MIB41
Apr 18, '13, 7:30 AM

Actually Figures Inc has the group for $99.00. Entertainment Earth has it at $99.99. So EE is slightly higher.

Lynn TXP 0369
Apr 18, '13, 7:38 AM
How did they get the DC line? Doc why didn't you get that?

He already stated in another thread he couldn't afford the license for it. It all comes down to timing and who has the deeper pockets.
Lynn

Capt_Kirk
Apr 18, '13, 8:33 AM
He already stated in another thread he couldn't afford the license for it. It all comes down to timing and who has the deeper pockets.
Lynn

Well next time. Please let the members of the board know this is on the table is you're interested in partnering. I would've gladly invested some $$$ on a project like this. I know there is money to be made in ventures like this. but, one has to know about it first ; )

HardyGirl
Apr 18, '13, 9:35 AM
The cases intrigue me, but the price is a little high. But I was wondering why 60s Catwoman were on this one too.

The carrying case intrigues me. My guess is that is the breadth of their Batman WGSH line. I'm confused by the Mego Catwoman and Batgirl figures and the 66 Catwoman and Batgirl pictures.

David Lee
Apr 18, '13, 11:44 AM

Smart move by EE to carry these, like the KISS figures. With their own BBP figures, they become a one stop shop for 8 inch figures.

Dave

pmwasson
Apr 18, '13, 11:59 AM
Order placed!

boss
Apr 18, '13, 12:04 PM
I'm not interested in buying the case. I was just speculating about the character choices and the discrepancy between the figures shown and the artwork.

just looking for clues, I guess.

The cases intrigue me, but the price is a little high. But I was wondering why 60s Catwoman were on this one too.

ZICA
Apr 18, '13, 12:36 PM
Well next time. Please let the members of the board know this is on the table is you're interested in partnering. I would've gladly invested some $$$ on a project like this. I know there is money to be made in ventures like this. but, one has to know about it first ; )

If anybody has money they want to invest in action figure projects that involve licensed properties please let me know. I've got two very good ones that I could move on right now, one of which I'm already preparing to send the licensor a check and sign on the dotted line for. :smile:

Teemu
Apr 18, '13, 1:00 PM
If anybody has money they want to invest in action figure projects that involve licensed properties please let me know. I've got two very good ones that I could move on right now, one of which I'm already preparing to send the licensor a check and sign on the dotted line for. :smile:

Zica Marvel Comics figures???? please please :)......please share the news

jwyblejr
Apr 18, '13, 1:05 PM
I'll wait until the RM Robin comes around.

ZICA
Apr 18, '13, 1:06 PM
Zica Marvel Comics figures???? please please :)......please share the news

I wish, but no, that's not it. Once the deal is finalized, which should be very soon, I'm going to get an official press release out ASAP.

pmwasson
Apr 18, '13, 1:28 PM
More ZICA??? Can't wait!

enyawd72
Apr 18, '13, 1:51 PM
I just preordered two sets!

ovenmitt
Apr 18, '13, 1:52 PM
ZICA, hints please! Comic books, TV, movies? Looking foward to it!

ZICA
Apr 18, '13, 2:00 PM
ZICA, hints please! Comic books, TV, movies? Looking foward to it!

TV show from the 70's, that's all I'm saying. Now back on topic, I don't want to be called a thread hijacker. :smile:

JediJaida
Apr 18, '13, 3:24 PM
Start your own thread, then.

I'm going to wait before I buy these. Right now, I'm more interested in the 66 Megos.

HumanWolfman
Apr 18, '13, 4:18 PM
Arghghggh! It wont let me order!!

drogge
Apr 18, '13, 5:03 PM
Zica, since you are posting on a Batman 66, Re-Mego post, I can help to wonder if your new potential line is Super Hero related. Please spill the beans. TV show from the 70's, ??????

ZICA
Apr 18, '13, 5:54 PM
Zica, since you are posting on a Batman 66, Re-Mego post, I can help to wonder if your new potential line is Super Hero related. Please spill the beans. TV show from the 70's, ??????

The only reason I posted on this thread was to respond to members saying that they had money to offer on helping to fund projects. If that's true, I just wanted them to know I had projects that could use some funding. :wink: The new line I'm working on is not Super Hero related.

HumanWolfman
Apr 18, '13, 6:12 PM
Anyone else having trouble placing an order? It wont allow me to order.

BATMAN89
Apr 18, '13, 6:24 PM
What are you trying to do? Check out with regular checkout or PayPal?
I added the four to my cart and then hit checkout with PayPal and it took me right to the Log in.

HumanWolfman
Apr 18, '13, 6:32 PM
What are you trying to do? Check out with regular checkout or PayPal?
I added the four to my cart and then hit checkout with PayPal and it took me right to the Log in.

I don't want to pay with paypal. I want to use a credit card

GaryPlaysWithDolls
Apr 18, '13, 6:52 PM
I wouldn't mind getting ahold of some of these. Where were they when I had all my Retro Action money to spend? :wink:

pmwasson
Apr 18, '13, 7:23 PM
I had trouble paying with a CC at first. I then started over and created an account and then tried to check-out with my CC and everything worked. I figured I'll be buying a lot of stuff this year, so I might as well make an account :smiley1:

JimCem99
Apr 18, '13, 10:02 PM
Says:

Server Error

We are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please wait a few minutes and try again.

BATMAN89
Apr 18, '13, 10:26 PM
I don't want to pay with paypal. I want to use a credit card
Oh! Sorry, I didn't try that.

BATMAN89
Apr 18, '13, 10:28 PM
Ya, the normal checkout is messed up!
Can you do credit card through PayPal?

Bronxboykev
Apr 18, '13, 10:51 PM
I paid thru pay pal and didn't have an issue.

Jason73
Apr 18, '13, 11:42 PM
I paid yesterday with a credit card and had no problem. Got lucky I guess.

Lynn TXP 0369
Apr 19, '13, 7:29 AM
Pre ordered the set of 4.
Lynn

Jetjungle75
Apr 19, '13, 8:29 AM
Me too!!

megocrazy
Apr 19, '13, 10:13 AM
Lynn

You have to realize that at limited distribution the cost of the license is a huge portion of the cost of the figure production. The cost of the license is divided, not by the number of figures produced but the number of figures sold. The chance of a loss is far greater than the chance of great success.

Just for fun, since we're a forum that directly relates to this release. Start a running list of the number of people that preorder and see how deep it goes. I've seen 5 or 6 so far but let's see where the totals run to. You would think this would be a major outlet for the type of distribution they're using, but short of the rotocast Batman, Joker and Riddler heads there's nothing in this initial release that hasn't been readily available in the past 5 years from multiple outlets. They are simply Mego remakes, just on a card. I do personally believe the 66 line will get some support but there's still a heavy cost burden and you need to sell a bunch of figures to make that initial investment back. I'm interested in seeing how well these go. As a collector I see a lot I want if they go deep enough on that 66 line, and the sculpts that they released look incredible, but from a business side, knowing what I know about the production and distribution side of retail, I see a lot of stuff that would frighten me if it were my money. It's a gamble for sure.

jayraytee
Apr 19, '13, 10:54 AM
Which is exactly why a kickstarter campain would be the most viable option. Come up with an estimate as to what creating the figures would cost including the license and set that as the goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/hello?ref=nav

When we did it for a band we knew, they had a goal budget of $10,000... they raised over $30,000. The pledges were tiered so that if you pledged $20, you get a copy of the album, $40 and you get an autographed copy, $60 and you get the autographed copy plus a button and sticker, $100 and you get all that plus a T-shirt, $200 and you get all that plus a thank you in the credits, $500 and you get all that plus execitive producer credit, etc.

You could tier it with trading cards, extra figure parts and accessories, stickers, maybe different artwork on a backer card only for kickstarter backers, or multiple figures, etc. In this way, some fans might actually essentially preorder for $1,000 instead of just the individual figure cost. They get some extra bonus stuff and the ability to fund the project.

I have seen movies funded, even a graphic novel artist raised over $100,000 to print a book of art.

jayraytee
Apr 19, '13, 10:57 AM
Don't want to derail though, I preordered my set the first day.

rlkrefft
Apr 19, '13, 12:56 PM
I don't think the cost is really that bad. 6" figures are about 15.00 so for 10.00 more I get a great looking 8" figure. All 4 for 100.00. Ok my partner complained a bit about the cost too, I told him if we go one month seeing one less movie at the theater and skipped a meal out just once in that same month we would have saved the 100.00 we can spend on these figures now. I mean I spent 20.00 on Retro Action which had very bad bodies that could not even stand, and chest emblems that would come off or were just put on very sloppy. Not blaming anyone but Mattel for this, but I can't believe the toys coming from Figures Co will be as broken and badly put together as those we got in Retro Action. I have waited 40+ years for these toys and I am sure not gonna complain about them.

tllgn
Apr 19, '13, 9:58 PM
i just pre ordered a couple sets,i love these things,i hope to get them all,and that they are good quality.i plan on getting all their "8" figures
from Batman Classic,Batman 66,Conan,tarzan,gilligans island,Well its easy to say what i aint getting -Obama & Dallas .and of course i want all the EMCE/BIF BANG POW
figures.Damn i am just working for retros.but they may cancel some stuff,so its best to just wait and buy what is actually made.still bummed about Vina & Chaple.

lilbrosj66
Apr 21, '13, 1:59 PM
I placed my pre-order for the first set of 4 figures and that got me to thinking. What will these figures do to pricing across the lines? Will vintage figures go up in value? Stay the same? Go down? And what about these new figures? I'm curious what will happen to their price? Based on what I see in the Mattel retro series, where they all seem to have gone up in value to some degree, I'm guessing these will inch upwards as well? Hmmm.....

actjac01
Apr 22, '13, 2:39 AM
I haven't been this excited since the EMCE/Diamond Select Star Trek retro release a few years ago (has it been that long ago already?)
Go FIGURES TOY COMPANY!

madmarva
Apr 22, '13, 4:37 AM
I wouldn't gamble on mass produced items as an investment. Many folks who buy these won't take them out of the package. They won't truly be scarce.

If you are patient and diligent, all the retro Mattel's can be found at or near retail on amazon or eBay, with the possible exception of Wonder Woman, but most of the others can be had for less than retail.