PDA

View Full Version : KISS series 5 Dressed To Kill

SeattleEd
Apr 16, '13, 6:38 PM
In all the excitement for the other lines, seems Series 5 of the KISS line was moved to the bottom. LOL

http://figurestoycompany.com/images/FTC_HPBanner_KISS_DressedToKill.jpg

COMING SOON: KISS Action Figures Series 5 Based on the "Dressed to Kill" album that was released on March 19th, 1975.

These figures are highly detailed and feature 16 points of articulation. Their face paint and outfit's were derived from KISS's "Dressed to Kill" album that was released on March 19th, 1975. Each 8 inch figure comes with a commemorative "Dressed to Kill" mini 2 X 2 inch album cover, and each 12 inch figure comes with a mini concert t-shirt!

This is what I've been waiting for and so happy for this. Well done Anthony B.

GordoCrisp
Apr 16, '13, 6:46 PM
The photo sure looks sweet. Looking forward to these!

Mego-Amigo
Apr 16, '13, 7:34 PM
the head sculpts look great on these.

MEGOMAN
Apr 16, '13, 10:12 PM
These head sculpts are far much better. I hope that the next waves are just as good. Finally they look like Gene, Paul Ace and Peter!

MIB41
Apr 16, '13, 10:15 PM
This is what we were hoping for. Now lets see how they look in production mode. Could be very cool. If they look anything like this, I will take the dive. Because once I get a set like this, I can customize the costumes as I want. I'll finally have a nice base set to work with.

fallensaviour
Apr 16, '13, 10:56 PM
Very nice looking figures now!!!
This is an absolute must for me.

LadyZod
Apr 18, '13, 7:32 AM
Mama likes... mama wants.

mego maniac mark
Apr 18, '13, 8:21 AM
These are the sculpts I have been looking for. If the finished product turn out like that, I will finally be buying me some kiss 8 inch figures

Chris
Apr 18, '13, 6:11 PM
They look fantastic. BTW, the Gene Simmons figure from Monster turned out really well. The head might be slightly too big but the outfit is stunning.

Dark Shadow
Apr 18, '13, 9:53 PM
These look great...but I'll wait to see the actual product all the same.

Saw the Sonic Boom 8" set at Monsterpalooza last weekend...YIKES! The face paint was really sloppy, Gene's left foot was broken, the sculpts of Paul & Gene looked really bad up close & personal, Tommy's sculpt is OK but the makeup design is all wrong, I found Eric's sculpt to be the best of the set. Needless to say, I passed them up.

Chris
Apr 19, '13, 7:00 AM
If only they would make accurate instruments!

ExplodingJoy
Sep 19, '13, 11:31 AM
Updated photos for series 5 were just posted to FTC's Facebook page:

http://fb.me/6j6eUGdR3

Looks like they're available for pre-order on the FTC site as well:

http://figurestoycompany.com/kissactionfiguresseries5dressedtokill.aspx

These sculpts and suits look great! Gives me high hopes for Batman '66.

pmwasson
Sep 19, '13, 11:58 AM
Those are some sharp looking suits! I thought I was done with KISS, but I may have to get these just for the clothes.

rche
Sep 19, '13, 12:04 PM
I like how the b/w suit varients have flesh colored hands. Heads look pretty good. I like this assortment.

EMCE Hammer
Sep 19, '13, 12:21 PM
These look great, but I am most excited at the prospect of parting them out. I almost feel guilty, the clothes look really well done.

noelani72
Sep 19, '13, 1:59 PM
love everything about them except the hair.
This pic does not look like the pic released back in April (or so).
Gene is ok, but the rest of them are flat.

boss
Sep 19, '13, 3:01 PM
FTC can't do rooted hair. The April pic was of the Farrow's prototypes (where he did the hair). These heads suffer less from the 12" to 8" warping than we've seen in the past. So close.

megomania
Sep 19, '13, 3:30 PM
Meh.

Would have been all over these had they looked anything close to the prototype pic on the banner at the top of the page. The hair is just a killer. Bummer.

-Chris

CrimsonGhost
Sep 19, '13, 3:54 PM
They just posted on Facebook that the hair isn't final. Even still, I think it's their best hair offering so far.

noelani72
Sep 19, '13, 6:23 PM
^^well that was nice of them to post and sounds promising.

MIB41
Sep 19, '13, 6:36 PM
There's another series they let slip before announcing in the photo of Gene. If you look at the artwork on the back card, you can clearly see the KISS Alive outfits! Now that could be very cool.

fossilfuse
Sep 19, '13, 7:24 PM
These figures look really good, don't even mind the hair so much, since they say it will be improved, BUT, what happened to the higher quality sculpts from the original ad? I know Mego did not sculpt exact replicas of Kiss before, but the original posted figures looked like the real guys from Kiss. I will still buy these figures, because they are the best looking figures yet. Just curious as to why the sculpts became simpler, or more Mego-esque.

CrimsonGhost
Sep 19, '13, 7:38 PM
Without seeing them in person, I can only guess, but I can say that having a sculpt made in vinyl softens the details. It's possible the detail wasn't as sharp as it needed to be.
Meanwhile, I don't think they look bad at all. I think Paul looks fantastic. There's something strange about Gene however. I can't tell from the photos what it is, but the smile looks flat to me.

cjefferys
Sep 19, '13, 8:41 PM
Too bad about the hair, why does that aspect always seem so difficult to pull off with these? Mego did a pretty decent job on their KISS guys way back in 1978. Is it some kind of lost art or something?

The hair on the prototypes looks great, I'm guessing it wasn't rooted but just little wigs or something?

cjefferys
Sep 19, '13, 8:51 PM
Also, maybe this has already been addressed, I don't follow these threads much, but why are the 12" figures nearly three times the price of the 8" ones? The 12 inchers are 280% the price for a figure that's 150% the size of an 8" one?

noelani72
Sep 20, '13, 6:11 AM
^^yea, at $70 per fig and something like $18 shipping, I have not bought any 12" KISS figs.
I would, but just can't pay that much in this day and age.

I did get the Love Gun 12" figs when they first came out, but they were $59ea from a 3rd party vendor and shipping was much easier on the pocketbook.
Not to sound like a cheapskate, but I'm thinking more like $39 per fig and I'd have em all.

MIB41
Sep 20, '13, 7:26 AM
^^yea, at $70 per fig and something like $18 shipping, I have not bought any 12" KISS figs.

I did get the Love Gun 12" figs when they first came out, but they were $59ea from a 3rd party vendor and shipping was much easier on the pocketbook.
Not to sound like a cheapskate, but I'm thinking more like $39 per fig and I'd have em all.

You can buy them for $39.99 new (but loose) at ClassicTVToy's website. Just as well. I saw the 12 inch packaging at a local comic shop and it was INSANELY huge. Not practical in the least. They would double their sales if they got that price down and reduced all that wasted packaging.

ZebMayonaise
Sep 20, '13, 8:24 AM
Dressed to Kill seems like such a weird costume choice. It is not like they ever dressed like that. They had really nice costumes for that tour (and others). They do look pretty good though...except for the hair. cjeffries is right... it must be a lost art!

noelani72
Sep 20, '13, 8:35 AM
You can buy them for $39.99 new (but loose) at ClassicTVToy's website. Just as well. I saw the 12 inch packaging at a local comic shop and it was INSANELY huge. Not practical in the least. They would double their sales if they got that price down and reduced all that wasted packaging.

HA! seriously? wow, I must have missed that.
I knew they were parting out the 8" figures though.
Reckon my $39 gut feeling has already been felt by CTVT.
I'm gonna have to look at their site some more.

cjefferys
Sep 20, '13, 1:18 PM

Holy crap, $18 shipping on top of the 70 bucks? Remember those 2 foot tall KISS figures that came out around 10 years ago? Didn't they retail for about $100 each? Those things were huge, so 100 bucks didn't seem too bad for one of those. They had decent rooted hair too, if I recall correctly.

megojim
Sep 20, '13, 5:41 PM
i just love these . . . on my list for sure!

mego
Oct 5, '13, 9:21 PM
There's a couple pics of the DTK figures here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/117105564880003539823/2013NJKISSExpo?authuser=0&feat=directlink#5929232722053379538

Chris
Oct 6, '13, 9:21 AM
There's a couple pics of the DTK figures here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/117105564880003539823/2013NJKISSExpo?authuser=0&feat=directlink#5929232722053379538

Fantastic!